PDA

View Full Version : Wright Passes Second Physical?

TLR
12-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Looks like the Yankees got their man in the end...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1944230

They can have him. Hopefully he'll revert to his pre-Atlanta form...

POJO_Risin
12-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Be careful TLR...the only thing that stopped him with Cleveland was arm trouble...and a shitty delivery that cause the arm trouble...

Wright has incredible stuff...remember what he did as a rookie for the Indians in 1997...he pretty much single handedly carried them to the Series...then handed them a 1-0 lead through the seventh inning of game 7...

mazzone straightened out his delivery...if he continues to maintain it...and his arm remains healthy...he COULD end up being a high-end pitcher...

To many questions though...

TLR
12-12-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm banking/hoping on him NOT maintaining the rebuilt delivery with Mazzonne out of the picture.

I actually meant I hoped he reverted to his post-Cleveland, pre-Atlanta form (poor mechanics, arm trouble, a world of potential and it was nowhere to be seen).

I just HATE the Yankees. Can you tell? lol

POJO_Risin
12-12-2004, 02:14 PM
So does most everyone else...

Wright was a flamethrower...who used Daddy to help with the delivery...which is why it sucked....

Cleveland was actually looking at resigning him...wasn't to be though...and I'm fine with that...he's not worth 7 million...not based on 1 year...

TLR
12-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Nothing worse to deal with than a pitcher's father!

You probably won't be missing anything by him not signing with the Tribe...especially at $7 mil/year. Keep trying to develop the younger arms instead...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Let's not forget the New Yawk factor.....

Not everyone is cracked up to play there.....

TLR
12-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Yep...

redblkwht
12-16-2004, 01:36 AM
for the 7 mil per, id rather have him over Clement..
just my opinion.:cool: