PDA

View Full Version : Another day, another car bombing.

DEMON CUNT
12-14-2004, 12:06 PM
Really?!? How Orwellian (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=orwellian&r=67) !

"War is Peace"

Bomb Kills 7 in Baghdad's Green Zone

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

BAGHDAD, Iraq_—_A homicide car bomber killed seven people when he struck a checkpoint at Baghdad's Green Zone (search) early Tuesday, the second attack in two days at the district that houses Iraq's interim government and the U.S. Embassy, officials said...

More here:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,141416,00.html

LoungeMachine
12-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Mission Accomplished !!

See what I did Poppy?

I'm a WAR President, I make decisions with WAR on my mind

Is THIS what Uncle Dick meant by "Greeted as Liberators?

Somebody get me Chalabi on the Bat Phone Stat!

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 01:39 PM
We've lost 12 troops in the last three days. Things are not getting better. Our Army was not built to fight a prolonged "low-intensity conflict" (guerilla war).

ODShowtime
12-14-2004, 02:02 PM
We had no idea there'd be a prolonged guerilla war. Yup.

Really though, I think things have calmed down a little bit since our election. They haven't publicly be-headed anyone lately... just trying to be a postive.

The question is whether they calmed down because the election's over and they don't have to try to make gw look bad, or because we fucked up Fallujah real good. Probably both since they're inter-related.

Big Train
12-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Things are tough during a war? No fucking way....what other gems of wisdom do you have?

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Things are tough during a war? No fucking way....what other gems of wisdom do you have?

Hmmmm...I thought the war was over a year-and-a-half ago.

DLR'sCock
12-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Never declared a WAR.....so what is this, an operation???

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
Never declared a WAR.....so what is this, an operation???

Maybe it's another "POLICE ACTION?"

Warham
12-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Hmmmm...I thought the war was over a year-and-a-half ago.

Who told you that?

Have you been watching too much of the Clinton News Network?

DEMON CUNT
12-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Who told you that?

This guy.

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Who told you that?

No. In Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech, he says we have "defeated" Iraq and that this is a great victory in the war on terror. I assumed the War was (for the most part) over at that point.

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Columbine graduate killed in Iraq
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 Posted: 1:26 PM EST (1826 GMT)

LITTLETON, Colorado (AP) -- A Marine who was a freshman at Columbine High School when two students killed 13 people there was killed in action in Iraq, his family said.

Lance Cpl. Greg Rund, 21, was on his second tour of duty in Iraq when he was killed Saturday, his family said in a statement released Monday. He had talked about joining the Marines throughout high school and enlisted shortly after graduating in 2002.

Rund was a freshman when Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris shot 12 students, a teacher, and then themselves on April 20, 1999.

"Greg made us so proud, but he never wanted to be recognized for his actions," said the statement from his family. "Neither Columbine nor Iraq was to define him."

Rund was on the 2000 state championship football team, and his younger brother, Doug, now plays football at Columbine as a sophomore.

"It seems so unfortunate that you get through some things, but it catches up with you," Ken Holden, Rund's former high school counselor, told the Denver Post.

Rund's family described him as "reckless, smart, off-key and wonderful."

"He never did anything like everyone else did," the statement said. "He did everything to the extreme and always knew that somehow with his humor and a little luck, he would make it through."

Lance Cpl. Greg Rund was killed in Iraq Saturday, his family says.

DLR'sCock
12-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Expect more to die, and not one of these fats ass pieces of shit(yeah you!!, look in the mirror) give a rat's ass....

to all of the mother's who have lost their son's an daughter's in this ILLEGAL AND IMMORAL INVASION, I empathize with you....

Alas, the monkeys keep on repeating history....

Big Train
12-14-2004, 04:31 PM
At that time he said "Major military operations". The War as in the War on Terror is ongoing on several fronts. Apparently, that is a difficult concept to grasp.

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 04:35 PM
At that time he said "Major military operations". The War as in the War on Terror is ongoing on several fronts. Apparently, that is a difficult concept to grasp.

The War on Iraq is not a war on terror! Don't confuse the two.

Big Train
12-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Enlighten me then..

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 04:38 PM

Yes it absolutely is! It seems that Iraq is a "Major Military Operation" everyday while the search for Osama Bin Laden languishes. I guess maybe that's a tough concept to grasp. The level of convolution is nauseating.

Big Train
12-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Jesus Nick...

AT THAT TIME, it was thought that major military operations were over. Obviously, they were not. OK? WTF...

Warham
12-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Everybody thought major combat operations were over that day.

DEMON CUNT
12-14-2004, 05:23 PM

Not everybody.

Warham
12-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Not everybody.

Well, I'm sure the insurgents thought otherwise.

BigBadBrian
12-14-2004, 06:21 PM
The War on Iraq is not a war on terror! Don't confuse the two.

Oh, indeed it is. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Oh, indeed it is. :gulp:

You're delusional. Just because some Iraqis don't want us in their country doesn't make them terrorists. And the relative few foriegn fighters in Iraq would not be a threat, nor would they be attacking Americans if we weren't in Iraq.

Black is white! Less is more!

(paraphrasing from tonight's ABC News) "The dirty little secret in Iraq is that there are not many foriegn fighters carrying out attacks." --Gen. John Custer, USA

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Inside the Mind of a Suicide BomberExpert Says Persistent Death and Destruction Radicalizes Young Iraqis
Experts say the majority of suicide bombers in Iraq are not foreign fighters. ABCNEWS.com

WASHINGTON, Dec. 14, 2004 — There appears to be an almost endless supply of fighters willing to die for their cause in Iraq. Suicide bombers have routinely struck U.N. buildings, hotels, and checkpoints since the end of major combat in the country.

The weapon of choice is usually an explosive-packed automobile, but explosive vests have been used as well. U.S. intelligence officials say the majority of the bombers are not foreign fighters, as many believe.

"The big myth is that there's an endless supply of suicide bombers, that the foreign fighters are everywhere. That's the story everybody wants to hear, and Iraqis don't want to admit that some of [the suicide bombers] might be Iraqis," said Brig. Gen. John Custer, director of intelligence for U.S. Central Command.

Just today, a suicide car bomber killed seven people at a Green Zone checkpoint early today in Baghdad, Iraq. It was the second attack in two days near the same gate into the district that houses Iraq's interim government and the U.S. Embassy, officials said.

Unwilling Martyrs

The recent assault on the former insurgent stronghold of Fallujah, U.S. military-led raids on private Iraqi homes, and military bombings that have killed Iraqi civilians have radicalized young Iraqis.

"The deaths of their own families, the destruction of their homes — all these are leading to frustration and anger and hopelessness, and they want the enemy to feel the same frustration and hopelessness, so they are resorting to this violence," said Muqtedar Khan, visiting fellow in foreign policy studies at the Brookings Institution and an expert in political Islam.

But it also appears that not all of the bombers are willing participants. U.S. military officials have found body parts in vehicles used in suicide bombings — left by the frantic people who were trapped inside, unable to flee.

"What we've found in a number of places are hands chained to a steering wheel," Custer said. "We found a foot roped into the car unable to escape."

He said in some cases, it appeared that men were forced to carry out suicide bombers because their families were being held hostage.

"We've seen a number of incidents where — wives [and] children kidnapped — [the] fathers forced to drive a car, even so far as to have a car following it with a remote," Custer said.

And U.S. commanders say they are seeing a new tactic in the field — insurgents sending two suicide bombers to launch an attack, in case the first one backs out.

ABC News' Martha Raddatz filed this report for "World News Tonight."

ODShowtime
12-14-2004, 08:00 PM
U.S. military officials have found body parts in vehicles used in suicide bombings — left by the frantic people who were trapped inside, unable to flee.

"What we've found in a number of places are hands chained to a steering wheel," Custer said. "We found a foot roped into the car unable to escape."

He said in some cases, it appeared that men were forced to carry out suicide bombers because their families were being held hostage.

Well, this is a new low. It actually set me aback. If this is true, it is the most horrible thing I've read in a very long time. This is from Saddam's people.

Nickdfresh
12-14-2004, 08:05 PM
“ Originally posted by Nickdfresh

U.S. military officials have found body parts in vehicles used in suicide bombings — left by the frantic people who were trapped inside, unable to flee.

He said in some cases, it appeared that men were forced to carry out suicide bombers because their families were being held hostage. ”

ODShowtime

Well, this is a new low. It actually set me aback. If this is true, it is the most horrible thing I've read in a very long time. This is from Saddam's people.

It was a tactic actually developed by the IRA in Northern Ireland. Only they allowed the victims to get out of the car before it was blown up.

LoungeMachine
12-15-2004, 09:14 AM

Speak for yourself.

Who gave you authority to claim "EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS"

Many of us saw through the BULLSHIT NEOCON PROPOGANDA

Ewe may not have.

Warham
12-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Speak for yourself.

Who gave you authority to claim "EVERYONE'S THOUGHTS"

Many of us saw through the BULLSHIT NEOCON PROPOGANDA

Ewe may not have.

Sure ya did, LoungeLizard, sure ya did.

LoungeMachine
12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Sure ya did, LoungeLizard, sure ya did.

Is it REALLY that hard to fathom, that SOME of us don't take this administration's bullshit as Gospel?

Seriously?

Are you actually led by the balls? Do you ever form your own thoughts and opinions? If so, then why is it so hard to believe other have as well.

You got the war you wanted, and now you can defend it.

LoungeLizard? Pretty clever. I've noticed you're easily amused.

I'd play with the name WarHam, but the obvious is too easy.

sheeesh

LoungeMachine
12-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Who told you that?

Another original insight by the easily led.

You should copyright that before anyone else in the world uses it

oh wait, too late

ODShowtime
12-15-2004, 10:23 AM
why would anyone believe our president when his stupid ass is flying around in fighter jets? Ridiculous. Pure Schlock Theater for the moron parade.

LoungeMachine
12-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
why would anyone believe our president when his stupid ass is flying around in fighter jets? Ridiculous. Pure Schlock Theater for the moron parade.

Shhhhhhh

Don't ruin it for Warham.

He still believes we're fighting a war on terror and searching for WMD against a grave danger and musroom cloud with a coalition of the willing to bring peace and democracy to the region.

gullible doesnt BEGIN to describe it.........

ODShowtime
12-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
He still believes we're fighting a war on terror and searching for WMD against a grave danger and musroom cloud with a coalition of the willing to bring peace and democracy to the region.

The funny thing is that the real reality is even scarier.

Warham
12-15-2004, 10:54 AM
What's happening in Afghanistan? Peace and democracy?

::crickets chirping::

It's always the short term and end of the world with you guys. Elections will happen in Iraq in January, just like the elections were held in Afghanistan. These terrorists will NOT win. The people of Iraq will not be run away from the polling booths. The people of Iraq will have a better life in the future. That much I believe.

LoungeMachine
12-15-2004, 11:02 AM

Let's see.......

Poppy harvests are up

Bin Laden still making home videos

Our installed regime still there

Warlords still ruling

Our men still dying

Taliban reforming

And if you think Iraq and Afghanistan are one in the same, then you're even more ignorant than previously shown.

Warham
12-15-2004, 11:06 AM
taliban reforming?

links please!

DEMON CUNT
12-15-2004, 12:13 PM

Ha Ha! Peace? Democracy?

Do angles singeth as well? Light coming forth from the heavens?

Need heroin?

FOX NEWS: We Report, You Recite!
http://weblog.garyturner.net/images/2004/akma_fox.jpg

DEMON CUNT
12-15-2004, 01:04 PM
taliban reforming?

links please!

The Taliban never really went away.

"Bandits and insurgents from the Taliban and other Islamic extremist groups operate in the area about 180 kilometers (110 miles) east of the capital, Kabul, officials said."

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-afghanistan-kidnapping,0,7322130.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Little_Skittles
12-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Hey people greg rundun or whoever was columbine. and yes this a guerilla war and guys think about it iraq is what the size of texas? come on! This is madness that we are having so many people die in such a small country we should have been in and out like that five min. is all it SHOULD OF TAKEN!!!! GOOD GOD HELP US.

ODShowtime
12-17-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
This is madness that we are having so many people die in such a small country we should have been in and out like that five min. is all it SHOULD OF TAKEN!!!!

Maybe this is who gw&friends consulted before the invasion?

Little_Skittles
12-22-2004, 01:09 PM
haha very funny.