PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Reid, Pelosi backing Roemer for DNC chair

BigBadBrian
12-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Sources: Reid, Pelosi backing Roemer for DNC chair
From Steve Turnham
CNN Washington Bureau

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 Posted: 5:57 PM EST (2257 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Amid strong competition over who will lead the party as the next Democratic National Committee chairman, former Indiana congressman and 9/11 commission member Tim Roemer has emerged as a possible new candidate.

He has the strong backing of Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid and House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, senior party sources told CNN Tuesday.

Roemer, in a written statement, confirmed that he had been approached about the post. While he was noncommittal, he indicated he is open to the idea.

"I have been approached very recently by several prominent Democrats inquiring about my interest in seeking the post of DNC chair," he said. "While I am flattered by their confidence in me, I have made no formal decision to seek the post. I am, however, consulting with my family, friends and Democrats around the country to assess this potential opportunity, and expect to make a decision very soon. The new DNC chair will have an important role to play in helping shape the future organization, message and direction of the party, and it's an exciting opportunity for whoever takes on the task."

With the support of Reid and Pelosi, Roemer immediately has an advantage over the declared candidates, former presidential candidate Howard Dean and former Clinton aide Harold Ickes.

Reid is strongly encouraging a Roemer bid, according to the sources.

Roemer's experience on the 9/11 commission, together with the fact that he comes from a "red state" -- one that voted for President Bush -- were decisive factors in Reid's decision to back him, the sources said.

FORD
12-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Reid and Pelosi are part of the problem. Gutless DLC cowardly pieces of shit. And FUCK anyone who was on Warren Commission II being appointed for anything.

Warham
12-15-2004, 09:06 AM
My former district Congressman sure is getting his name out there.

BigBadBrian
12-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Reid and Pelosi are part of the problem. Gutless DLC cowardly pieces of shit. And FUCK anyone who was on Warren Commission II being appointed for anything.

Just bow down to your leaders. :gulp:

Warham
12-15-2004, 09:51 AM
I'm glad that somebody liberal actually comes out and says the 9/11 commission is a joke.

FORD
12-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Of course it was a joke! It was a goddamn whitewash, just like the Warren Commission, meant to ensure the BCE and their butt buddies the Saudis got away with it.

Surely you are aware that Thomas Kean's business partner is Osama Bin Laden's brother in law?

And they sacked Kissinger for possible conflict of interest???

Nickdfresh
12-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Of course it was a joke! It was a goddamn whitewash, just like the Warren Commission, meant to ensure the BCE and their butt buddies the Saudis got away with it.

Surely you are aware that Thomas Kean's business partner is Osama Bin Laden's brother in law?

And they sacked Kissinger for possible conflict of interest???

I tend to agree with Ford's conspiracy view on this one, and I almost BELIEVE the Warren Commission!

Gerald Posner has wriiten a book on the subject I intend to buy.

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/03/09/14/whyinside.jpg