PDA

View Full Version : Cream Reunion Confirmed

Rikk
12-20-2004, 01:46 AM
Eric Clapton has personally confirmed that the reunion is on - 4 shows in May at the Royal Albert Hall. "Eric Clapton made the announcement on BBC Radio 2's Johnnie Walker show. The shows will be recorded. Eric also said that tickets will go on sale soon."

BrownSound1
12-20-2004, 02:01 AM
Awesome...and I hate all of the Brits who are going to get to see this live. Just kidding guys...enjoy it for me.

Rikk
12-20-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
Awesome...and I hate all of the Brits who are going to get to see this live. Just kidding guys...enjoy it for me.

They have to do some U.S. dates. I would LOVE to see this!!!

Bill Lumbergh
12-20-2004, 03:08 AM
Too bad he hasnt been any good since 1970.

Rikk
12-20-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Too bad he hasnt been any good since 1970.

I gotta disagree. He's had some good material. Both DEREK AND THE DOMINOES and SLOWHAND had some good material. THE SHAPE YOU'RE IN (from '83) was a good tune. LET IT GROW (from 461 OCEAN BLVD.) is an awesome song.

He's just not the aggressive player he once was.

Bill Lumbergh
12-20-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
I gotta disagree. He's had some good material. Both DEREK AND THE DOMINOES and SLOWHAND had some good material. THE SHAPE YOU'RE IN (from '83) was a good tune. LET IT GROW (from 461 OCEAN BLVD.) is an awesome song.

He's just not the aggressive player he once was.

The Derek and the Dominoes album(1970) was fucking phenomenal. No doubt he still has mega talent, I just question the material. There have been good songs now and then. His shit since the early 70's has bored me to tears for the most part. Just listen to Backless, or any of his 90's shit. BLECHH!!!!!!

Coyote
12-20-2004, 03:23 AM
Some other European dates too, damnit!

Rikk
12-20-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
The Derek and the Dominoes album(1970) was fucking phenomenal. No doubt he still has mega talent, I just question the material. There have been good songs now and then. His shit since the early 70's has bored me to tears for the most part. Just listen to Backless, or any of his 90's shit. BLECHH!!!!!!

One song on BACKLESS I really like. I also like HELLO OLD FRIEND from '76. MAINLINE FLORIDA and THE CORE are also really good songs.

Wayne L.
12-20-2004, 10:11 AM
The Cream reunion will be one of the BIGGEST events in rock history in 05 more so than the less important reunion of Motley Crue.

Golden AWe
12-20-2004, 11:24 AM
I just watched their last show from the very same venue...a grate one, had interviews with young men discussing their past and instruments besides the gig.

"Talkin' 'bout the girl that looks quite like you..."

Rikk
12-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
I just watched their last show from the very same venue...a grate one, had interviews with young men discussing their past and instruments besides the gig.

"Talkin' 'bout the girl that looks quite like you..."

I have that gig. It's very cool, but badly filmed. I think it's a really good performance, but the band has always claimed they didn't perform very well.

Could've fooled me.

Golden AWe
12-20-2004, 04:58 PM
too many close-ups on during the songs, and the sound quality is not the best possible...however, all those interviews were very kewl and funny...especially when jack is talking about his past studies and eric is explaining all the details of his guitar.

Rikk
12-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
too many close-ups on during the songs, and the sound quality is not the best possible...however, all those interviews were very kewl and funny...especially when jack is talking about his past studies and eric is explaining all the details of his guitar.

I love when Eric is explaining the wah wah pedal. And Ginger showing off his drums is REALLY cool.

Did you ever see the FRESH LIVE CREAM video? That is even better. Lots of great footage from various periods in the band's history.

Golden AWe
12-20-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm afraid I haven't...I gotta look after that one.

Matt White
12-20-2004, 11:17 PM
I just hope they play "I'm so Glad", "Strange Brew", & "Sittin' on Top of the World".
Brilliant Band!!!

Rikk
12-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I just hope they play "I'm so Glad", "Strange Brew", & "Sittin' on Top of the World".
Brilliant Band!!!

Ah yes! SITTIN' ON TOP OF THE WORLD!! An amazing blues song...with a really heavy edge.

Anyone know OUTSIDE WOMAN BLUES?

BrownSound1
12-22-2004, 02:47 AM
Is it just me or does Ginger Baker look like Vincent Price?

Marlowe01
12-22-2004, 04:52 PM
"she don't lie she don't lie she don't lie........Cocaine"

Atomic_Rob
12-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Will there be any support?

BrownSound1
12-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Support of Cream? I should think so...this is much different than a standard rock band reuniting. Cream said more in 1 1/2 years than most bands do in 10.