PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens

tjvhou812
12-20-2004, 04:47 PM
looks like T.O. is out for the season
and playoffs...

might have a chance to return, if philly makes the super bowl

he has a broken left leg, and a sprained anckle.....

DLR7884
12-20-2004, 04:49 PM
He'll play in their first round game if he has to.

DLR7884
4 weeks away from now, 5 week injury.

Brett
12-20-2004, 05:08 PM
We'll see, I don't know if he can get back that fast. That hurts them, they are not not that deep at the WR position.

Vanstonica
12-20-2004, 05:12 PM
That's awful for Philly. I don't like to see any player get hurt, but as a Falcons fan, I know that increases our chances of getting past them in the playoffs.

At the same time, as weak as the NFC has been this year, I think Philly could cruise through the playoffs on the strength of McNabb and Westbrook alone.

ALinChainz
12-20-2004, 05:13 PM
From what I'm reading now, they think he may have a shot at playing in the Super Bowl if they get that far.

How lucky they are having such as weak NFC this year.

They will need Brian Westbrook to continue his excellent play and Freddie Mitchell and their TE's to step up.

Pinkston seems to have a real problem short-arming passes and the Eagles just can't have it.

Amazing to me he only needed that one more TD pass to win the bet with Andy Reid. He doesn't get there.

DLR7884
12-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Todd Stinkston sucks.

No way he and Freddie Mitchell will fill in 10% of what TO can do.

DLR7884
Stinkston has alligator arms.

Brett
12-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Pinkston is a pussy who is afraid to go over the middle. What kind of fucking NFL receiver is that?

DLR7884
12-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Brett
Pinkston is a pussy who is afraid to go over the middle. What kind of fucking NFL receiver is that?

Did you ever have the pleasure of watching Desmond Howard when he was with the Redskins?

DLR7884
He was a pussy over the middle, too.

ALinChainz
12-20-2004, 05:26 PM
One thing it definitely does is shorten up the defense for their opponents, they won't have the threat of T.O. to beat them deep, which makes that running game all the tougher.

The defense has played pretty much solid from what I've paid attention to.

Been moving Westbrook out wide a lot, will probably continue that, go a little more 2 TE.

DLR7884
12-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Westbrook and McNabb should sit out these next 2 weeks.

DLR7884
What's the point of them being out there?

Brett
12-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Did you ever have the pleasure of watching Desmond Howard when he was with the Redskins?

DLR7884
He was a pussy over the middle, too.

Yep, I remember. Then that tool was then relegated to the only thing he was really good at, returning kicks.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Reid isn't a believer in sitting down people...but as long as they clinched homefield...I'd think about it...

thing is...they have to rework that offense a bit...with TO out...so they'll be in there playing...

and whoever said that the defenses is going to be filling the box...you can bet on it...

McNabb better get their running shoes on...

Philly's defense is good...not great...

we'll see what happens now that their defense will be on the field more...

Mama's Fool
12-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Not that James Thrash was a great receiver or anything but not having him right now really hurts them. Freddie Mitchell is a draft day bust who can't run routes. Pinkston's a pussy and their 3rd receiver (can't remember his name) certainly isn't as good as Thrash was last year when Thrash was their go to guy.

ALinChainz
12-21-2004, 03:00 PM
Thrash doesn't do much for the Skins other than return kicks though.

Don't understand it, hasn't caught many passes for them.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Thrash was never that good...

and he's showing that now...

Philly's mistake is not getting TO support...

look at the other good teams and their receiver depth...

Look at New England who has 4 legit #1 or #2 receivers...and Brady forcibly uses them all...instead of just Branch...his favorite of the bunch...

Look at Pittsburgh...with Plax...they have Randal El in support...who will more than likely be their number 2 next year...

The Eagles have TO...and ham n' eggers...who haven't developed because TO is thei only look...unless TO is getting triple teamed...

They are in trouble...bad NFC or not...

ALinChainz
12-21-2004, 03:13 PM
No doubt. Look for Westbrook to be catching more passes than carries and Levens seeing more backfield time.

They struggled to beat Dallas, especially after TO went down.

12-7, but a win is a win.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Well...I'd surely have Westbrook coming out of the slot more...hell...they had him out at flanker as well...

and Levens can still run the ball IF the pass game is working...and they wear down the defense...

and a win is a win...which may be the motto for them in the NFC...

I'll be honest though...without TO...is Philly really much better than Jacksonville?

Hell...you could make a case that Jacksonville's D is BETTER than Philly's...

ALinChainz
12-21-2004, 03:24 PM
And Jacksonville is flying way high after the big win on the "Frozen Tundra" in Green Bay.

Jags better against the run in my opinion, Philly better getting after the passer.

Not to mention Atlanta, who could surprise if they let Vick loose.

Philly is no shoe in now.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 03:33 PM
I still can't figure out Atlanta...can't figure them out at all...

They can look really good...and really bad...

thing is...in the big games...you nailed it on the head...

what's going to happen?

Vick is going to want to win...and when he starts MAKING things happen...christ...look the fuck out...

Jacksonville can also play the corners better IMO...the rest you said though is true...Philly CAN get after the passer...but...who knows if they are on the field longer...

Brett
12-21-2004, 04:49 PM
If Philly can't move the ball on offense, their defense is not going to hold up IMO.

I think Jacksonville could be a very dangerous team if they got in the playoffs. They can win games they're just not supposed to, reminicent of what Carolina did last year.

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 05:10 PM
And don't forget about Carolina...they still hold destiny in their hands if they win out...

Jax and Carolina are extremely similar...top to bottom...

Del Rio gambles a bit more than Fox though...could cost him in the playoffs...or help him...lmfao...

I agree with you about Philly though...