PDA

View Full Version : Best new non-metal artist ?

Knucklebones
12-21-2004, 03:22 AM
So who does everyone think the best new non-metal musician or "musician" is?

Personally, I like Usher rather a lot. I probably like him even more then 99% of all the crap metal and rock that's coming out these days.

One of the only guys or girls I actually stop to watch when I see on a video.

I think he's got something going. What about you guys?

Dan
12-21-2004, 03:23 AM
Who's Usher?

FORD
12-21-2004, 03:30 AM
http://www.onlineshrine.net/lohan/images/lindsay_lohan.jpg
Lindsay Lohan.

yeah, I haven't even heard the album yet, and I'm sure it sucks, but who cares? :eatit:

Knucklebones
12-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Ushers like this dancer singer dude much in the vein of Michael Jackson. Very stylish.

Coyote
12-21-2004, 07:09 AM
Joss Stone. Great vocals.

Golden AWe
12-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Anastacia. She looks perfect and if she sang rock tunes she could do pretty dahm well with her voice. Well, I actually enjoy some of her songs anyway...

They're not so new anymore, they've been around for maybe ten years, but the frech duo Air has done plenty of very good experimental pop music.

We have a great, jazzy hip hop band called Don Johnson Big Band in Finland...they're very funny, talented and catchy. Plus the name of the band is easily one of the best names ever...

DLR7884
12-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Knucklebones
So who does everyone think the best new non-metal musician or "musician" is?

Personally, I like Usher rather a lot. I probably like him even more then 99% of all the crap metal and rock that's coming out these days.

I think you are really gay.

Ushers like this dancer singer dude much in the vein of Michael Jackson. Very stylish.

You are really VERY gay.

DLR7884
VERY VERY gay, indeed.

Knucklebones
12-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Cmon now, it's not like Dave's assless spandex was any less gay then anything Usher has ever done, and we all love the Yankee Rose video don't we?

DLR7884
12-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Cmon now, it's not like Dave's assless spandex was any less gay then anything Usher has ever done, and we all love the Yankee Rose video don't we?

Don't post here anymore.

DLR7884
Please.

Knucklebones
12-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Sorry, I won't post here anymore :(

Don't really have the time for it either. You questioning my sexuality has caused me to be greatly insecure about it, so now i'm busy banging your girlfriend to reaffirm it:(

really sorry:(

DLRDUDE
12-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Wow! Great question. Lately I only listen to talk radio. Other than CDs. I'd have left the Usher answer alone. I only heard about this Gary Hoey this year but his metal along with the musical part of the Christmas jingles is really awesome. Very talented and my wife says this particular CD has been out since '01.

DLR7884
12-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Sorry, I won't post here anymore :(

Don't really have the time for it either. You questioning my sexuality has caused me to be greatly insecure about it, so now i'm busy banging your girlfriend to reaffirm it:(

really sorry:(

You can post here all you want.

But don't you dare compare DLR to ANYONE from today's music scene. Especially some lame ass flavor of the month R&B singer.

DLR7884
My girlfriend is out of town, tell me where she went and maybe I'll worry :)

Knucklebones
12-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Um have you even heard this guy? I don't even like rap or MTV "R&B" but this guy is like several cuts above the rest. It's not like he's one of those guys or girls that are on MTV just because they have a pretty face. In fact, his face is far from good looking, but his dancing skills and his singing make him have more "star" qualities then the others.

Edit: and you know what? you can call me a fag or something all you want for digging this guy, but in the end, Dave is probably listening to this guy also.

DLR7884
12-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Um have you even heard this guy? I don't even like rap or MTV "R&B" but this guy is like several cuts above the rest. It's not like he's one of those guys or girls that are on MTV just because they have a pretty face. In fact, his face is far from good looking, but his dancing skills and his singing make him have more "star" qualities then the others.

I have heard him, and you're right, he has a face like a fucking catcher's mitt.

You enjoy yourself watching people's dancing skills. How rock n' roll of you!

Edit: and you know what? you can call me a fag or something all you want for digging this guy, but in the end, Dave is probably listening to this guy also.

I don't care if David Lee Roth fucking listens to him. If Dave jumped off a bridge would you?

Are you in EMT training like Dave is?

DLR7884
I said it before and I stand by it. You're a fucking certified homo.

teamaa104
12-22-2004, 05:31 PM
knuclebones you honestly think out of all the musicians and groups today that Usher is at the top of the list, thats really lame. its because of "musicians" like him and britney spears that popular music is so rank these days

get a clue and ..
Originally posted by DLR7884
Don't post here anymore.

DLR7884
Please.

DLR7884
12-22-2004, 05:33 PM
See, you are a fucking lame ass queer.

DLR7884
Told ya.

bastardog
12-22-2004, 05:42 PM
What about thouse euro rock like "The 69 eye" and "HIM" those guys have it.
Well......ïs a shame for you (and all inclusive me) to try their CDs because are a little expensive specially when companies in US label them as "foreign/special order" and tag them with a $36.99 price.

But thanks to the internet I can download music for free.

Does any of you already hear something about those bands?

teamaa104
12-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Yeah ive heard "HIM" before, i like some of their stuff

bastardog
12-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Nothing can compares to classic VH or Dave with Vai but for the recent stupid songs and singers those (HIM and The 69 eye) are at least good to hear

teamaa104
12-22-2004, 06:02 PM
no there is so much good music out now, you just have to look really hard for it

loss of fools
12-22-2004, 06:38 PM
apart from the occasional rock band there is nothing good anymore. all this rnb and shit is just a fucking joke. people should be listing to some vh to get a idea of good music.

Knucklebones
12-22-2004, 09:31 PM
I like how people like to shit on other people's opinions of music:)

But then, I guess most people are too close minded to listen to anything other then the music they associate themselves with.

Which = ultimate l33t n3rdom.

Oooooh that guy likes Usher! What a fag. Let's hunt him down!

Gimme a fucking break. This is the exact same attitude that was given to Dave fans back in the day.

DLR7884
12-23-2004, 11:10 AM
I like how people like to shit on other people's opinions of music:)

Well, your opinions of some forms of music (Usher) are shit.

Shit for shat.

But then, I guess most people are too close minded to listen to anything other then the music they associate themselves with.

??? What ???

What in the hell is that?

Oooooh that guy likes Usher! What a fag. Let's hunt him down!
B]

Done and done!

[B] Gimme a fucking break. This is the exact same attitude that was given to Dave fans back in the day.

Um, what in the hell are you talking about.

DLR7884
STOP COMPARING DLR AND USHER! IDIOT!

teamaa104
12-23-2004, 02:47 PM

uhhh dude nonsensical peace of crap written, im going to have to knock you for your music tastes. obviously you are looking nowhere if usher is at the top of your list , get lost.

Knucklebones
12-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Now, Let us read the topic of the post shall we?

Best New Non Metal Artist?

I did not specifically say MUSICIAN. I said Artist.

Now let's analyze my post.

So who does everyone think the best new non-metal musician or "musician" is? <--- notice how I said "musician"? which the parenthesis were obviously meant to mean that it doesn't really mean that the person in question is a true musician, only that the general masses consider him one.

-----> [http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=personally] [B]Personally[B] , I like Usher rather a lot. I probably like him even more then 99% of all the crap metal and rock that's coming out these days.

Now please stfu? I made this post to see people's opinions on what they think the best new artist that's not what they might usually listen to is. Not YOUR opinion on what MY opinion is.

Tell me where I said that Usher was as good as Roth? All I said was that you guys are giving the exact same reaction people used to give to Roth fans. Which is the TRUTH.

Now, I like Usher personally because he brought something new to MTV that was lacking in a long while. It's refreshing to see someone dancing TASTEFULLY and not booty dancing or shit. It's also nice to hear music that's not about how much of a thug you are, or how you like to pimp them hoes, etc.

You can give me Usher anyday over all that new rock or death metal shit on the new headbanger's ball ANYDAY. You're all just too insecure with yourselves that you need to bash other people for their taste.

Now let's analyze another IDIOTIC reply.

“ Originally posted by Knucklebones
Edit: and you know what? you can call me a fag or something all you want for digging this guy, but in the end, Dave is probably listening to this guy also. ”

I don't care if David Lee Roth fucking listens to him. If Dave jumped off a bridge would you?

Are you in EMT training like Dave is?

Wow! Way to twist my words around fuckface. Did I say I like Usher because Dave probably likes him too? No I was just stating a fact that Dave likes to listen to a lot of dance music and stuff so he's probably cool with what Usher is doing too.

Now please go kill yourself for I need to get back to banging your girlfriend.

smaz
12-23-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884

DLR7884
My girlfriend is out of town, tell me where she went and maybe I'll worry :)

:rofl: Fantastic Comeback!!

As for new bands that arn't metal, I'll vote for The Datsuns - www.thedatsuns.com for those who haven't heard them. They're a fantastic Rock 'n Roll band.

Also all this new R'n B is bollocks. Complete bollocks. It's all over the music channels now, even the Rock ones :(.

A-hem - Downsize!

What? Who said that :D

Coyote
12-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by bastardog
What about thouse euro rock like "The 69 eye" and "HIM" those guys have it.
Well......ïs a shame for you (and all inclusive me) to try their CDs because are a little expensive specially when companies in US label them as "foreign/special order" and tag them with a $36.99 price.

But thanks to the internet I can download music for free.

Does any of you already hear something about those bands?

I might've heard something 'bout 'em... :D

Ville Valo: Perhaps the greatest vocals in rock'n'roll since Freddie Mercury?

loss of fools
12-23-2004, 08:11 PM
yes smaz iv only heard good things about that downsize band!

smaz
12-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Yeah, and loadsa comments about the vocalist too :D

Atomic_Rob
12-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Where can I find out about this Downsize band?

A really great up and coming back - Tokyo Dragons. Heavy ass balls out rock n roll that sounds like Thin Lizzy. www.tokyodragons.com get there 2 singles now!

teamaa104
12-23-2004, 10:04 PM
knuclebones, please stop, im not going to waste my time telling of all the amazing bands i listen to because after looking through all of your posts in this thread, the bands i would list for you still wouldnt top usher.

so for the sake of the army...stop.

Knucklebones
12-24-2004, 07:30 AM
Sheesh I posted a topic to try to find out if people would actually list down any non metal bands, and they all talk about hard rock bands because they're the next closest thing. Good Job asswipes. This is exactly what I expected sadly.

Apparently, no one here has the balls to post anything that people might not like.

Way to ruin a post.

smaz
12-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Alright best non-metal: The Streets. Not rock, but they've released some smashing tunes recently. Happy now???

teamaa104
12-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by smaz
Alright best non-metal: The Streets. Not rock, but they've released some smashing tunes recently. Happy now???

the streets are sick dude, im a fan of dizzee rascal too

scottydabodi
12-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Here's some new NON-METAL bands that kick ass...........

ok, I can't think of any, so kiss my ass.

Knucklebones
01-01-2005, 11:19 AM
god you guys need to learn how to tell when you're being played

DLRdelight!
01-02-2005, 02:44 AM
I think i was born in the wrong time, all my favorite bands are gone. Todays music is just so lame, i live on my cd's, hardly radio, and if it is radio, its the classic stations

smaz
01-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
I think i was born in the wrong time, all my favorite bands are gone.

I know how you feel. I don't listen to radio, unless it's when I'm in a car or something and it's not my choice, so CDs are pretty much all I listen to.

teamaa104
01-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by smaz
I know how you feel. I don't listen to radio, unless it's when I'm in a car or something and it's not my choice, so CDs are pretty much all I listen to.

yeah its cds and the ipod for me, radio is straight rubbish