PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Clinch Another Chance... to Break Fans' Hearts in Most Painful Way Possible...

WARF
12-21-2004, 04:21 PM
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Eagles clinched home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs for the third straight year with their 12-7 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, setting up yet another opportunity for the team to rip the figurative heart from the collective chest of its fan base and show it to them before they die. The Eagles have lost the last three NFC championship games, the last two coming in front of the home crowd in Philadelphia.

"Yeah, home field, baby," said Eagles fan Lou... of the RothArmy.com.. after the victory over the Cowboys, a game in which the Eagles improved their record to 13-1 on the season but lost star wide receiver Terrell Owens to an injury. "Sure, T.O. got hurt, but, hey, we can't lose four NFC title games in a row, can we? Uh... can we?"

"We're going to see how bad Terrell is hurt, but, we think we'll be in a good position coming into the playoffs..." said Eagles coach Andy Reid. "I know we've lost three NFC championship games in a row... the last two in which we were favored, but, this year's going to be different. No one's going to come into our house and beat us. After all, it's not like any cold-weather teams like the Packers are in line to make the playoffs... what? They are...Oh... Shit!!!"

"I feel really bad for our fans," said All-Pro Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb. "If a person were further removed from the situation and had a little perspective, he might say that Philly fans are getting exactly what they deserve for booing me at the 1999 draft... when the Eagles picked me instead of Ricky Williams. I wouldn't say that, but... a eagle fan might."

"You really have to wonder how much worse it can get," Lou said, speaking on behalf of all Eagles fans everywhere. "I guess we'll find out in January."

WARF
12-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Where the hell is Lou?

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Doing interviews...;)

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Or crying...

WARF
12-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Actually he's at WAR with Mike B at DDLR.com right now....

It's funny as shit!

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Christ...link me to that shit...

POJO_Risin
12-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Mike B????

oh...

SGG...

WARF
12-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Mike B????

oh...

SGG...

Here's the whole thread.... it's just the typical... I'm a fan... you're not a fan...

Click Here! (http://diamonddavidleeroth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5689)

Lou and Mike go at it... on page two...

DLR7884
12-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Mike Blair?

DLR7884
No way!

WARF
12-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Mike Blair?

DLR7884
No way!

Actually, I find it kinda ironic that Mike B and Mike Blair both ran the DLRND.... both they aren't same person.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-21-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm so distraught at the loss of Mr. Owens, it's tearing me up....

Oh, the humanity !!!!!

They ain't getting any sympathy from this Steeler fan, we've had big injuries all year long...

But ya know what they say, shit happens !! ;)

DLRDUDE
12-21-2004, 09:01 PM
With the loss of T.O. that is huge!. Laugh if you will me being a 'Skins fan. Philly had better win
it this year cause my 'Skins hopefully are getting a groove going and will once again be heading the NFC east anyhow. Their defense is dynomite and the offense has a lot of potential. The first meeting with the Eagles was a lot closer than the score and the second game was in Washington's hands and Ramsey just Fucked up plain and simple. The Eagles better bring their A-game in the playoffs or they won't last to be a 4-time straight NFC Chapionship loser. Not an Eagles fan but they deserve it and the fans from Pa. deserve to have an all Pa. Superbowl. Go Eagles til next year anyhow

POJO_Risin
12-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Hey...they put that offense together...waited for TO...got him...kinda sold out their offense to him by getting rid of Staley...and not grabbing someone better than Levens when Buckhalter went down for the year...

now they have to ride Westbrook and McNabb...and some of the worst receivers in the league...

they'll need all the luck they can get...

Pittsburgh wins because Cowher...yeah...that shitheal coach preaches depth...always has...and when he has it...wins...plain and simple...

Pittsburgh has lost three of their best players...and continued to win...we'll see if the Eagles do the same...