PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With Packing Fudge?

sambo
12-22-2004, 06:42 PM
www.thetoque.net/030812/fudgepacker.htm

This Packer Wants To Know What's Wrong With Fudge

AT THE FUDGE FACTORY -- Rey Torrez works for the Tasty Treat Fudge Factory, a leader in fudge, almond bark, and marzipan. Rey, 38, works in the shipping department as a packer of fudge, and fudge-related products.

Yes, I am a packer--of fudge," said Rey proudly. "I take the fudge, put it in boxes, and ship it out to customers. In fact, I've been boxing up chocolate, double chocolate, and maple nut fudges since 1998, when I first got hired on by Tasty Treat."

Rey doesn't mind the work. The wage is fair, the benefits are decent, and the working conditions are alright. He works regular hours, gets sick-leave, and is even given three weeks of paid vacation per year.

"I like the job, packing the fudge," said Rey. "The bosses are nice to me, there is very little stress in the warehouse, and I get along well with the other packers. One day though, I hope to get out of packing--fudge that is--and get into management."

Rey's wife, Louisa, appreciates the paycheques her husband brings home every week from his position as a packer of things that are fudge.

"Rey's new job (packing fudge) is much more rewarding than his last one as a caravan driver," said Louisa. "He didn't enjoy taking up the rear."

But while Rey has been enjoying steady employment as a man who is directly responsible for the fudge, and the packing thereof, there is one aspect of his job that has been a little upsetting to him.

"Unfortunately, because of the nature of my job, I'm getting teased alot...as I've also been packing on the pounds," said Rey dourly. "I attribute that to the fudge."

Flash Bastard
12-22-2004, 07:11 PM
*snicker*

FORD
12-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Is that fudge factory located on the Hershey Highway, by any chance?

MAX
12-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Is that fudge factory located on the Hershey Highway, by any chance?

Driven in a stolen brown UPS truck by the turd-burglar?