PDA

View Full Version : What’s To Like?

John Ashcroft
02-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Sen. John Kerry's campaign says their candidate has nothing to hide. They point out that Kerry's local paper, the Boston Globe, had recently printed a seven-part series that revealed everything embarrassing. "The man has been in the U.S. Senate for more than a decade," says a Kerry staffer on Capitol Hill. "We've seen all there is. The man is clean."

Perhaps. But despite all the fanfare and the seeming coronation as the Democratic Party's nominee, Kerry isn't very well liked.

"What you're going to see is more and more stories about Kerry is just reviled by his fellow Democratic Senators and by others," says a campaign staffer for Sen. John Edwards. "The man is genuinely disliked for just being a big phony."

As an example, the staffer pointed to the veterans from Vietnam Kerry has surrounded himself with. "Almost to a one, these guys have said that they had reached out to Kerry over the years and never heard back from him. Suddenly he's running for president and he's all hot and heavy to use them to his advantage." Imagine that!

Another example, Kerry's seeming total lack of interest in the legislative process of the Senate. Fellow candidate, former Vermont Gov. Howie Dean lambasted Kerry for not getting enough bills passed. Kerry countered that it wasn't the name on the bill that mattered, but getting what you wanted into the bill that passed. It isn't clear, even from some of Kerry's former Senate staff, that he did much of that.

"I remember when Kerry saw the writing on the wall for welfare reform back in 1996, he desperately tried to get his name connected to one of the reform packages or a Democratic alternative to it that was floating around," says a former staffer. "The problem was, it wasn't an issue he'd cared about, nor did he do any work on it. There wasn't a single Democrat in leadership that was going to give him a nod on the issue. The same goes for a raft of issues he now claims he played a key role shaping. The man just tries to ride other people's coattails."

Now, perhaps, he's looking to ride the biggest Democratic coattail around. According to a Kerry campaign volunteer, the campaign has been playing with a campaign button or bumper sticker that would play off the initials of the candidate.

The slogan? "A New Century. A New JFK." :uck: :asshole:

Link: here (http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=6106)

FORD
02-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Judas using the initials "JFK" makes me physically ill. I don't care if they happen to be his initials, it's just sickening that he compares himself to a great man like John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

KANE
02-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Judas using the initials "JFK" makes me physically ill. I don't care if they happen to be his initials, it's just sickening that he compares himself to a great man like John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
JFK had one of the worst civil rights record in prez. history, oh yeah, the bay of pigs worked out well.lol, only thing except for being assasinated was the missile crisis, JFK was popular because he was killed in office,period..damn its been 2b years and your still squattin to pee, whining, bad mouthin the USA, Chill out you'll still get your gov. cheese if Bush is reelected..

FORD
02-09-2004, 08:30 PM
The reason the Bay of Pigs failed is because George Bush Sr was the CIA agent in charge of the operation. The BCE never could pull off an invasion properly.

As for the missile crisis, if Junior the unelected imbecile had illegally occupied the Oval Office during that time, we wouldn't be here to talk about this right now.

Cathedral
02-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Appointed, Elected.......What's the name on the White House door, Ford?

Say it with me, President George W. Bush...

And more importantly, whats it gonna be until 2008?

Say it with me, President George W. Bush...

The number of people who recognize him as our Commander and Chief outnumbers those who think like you do.
He became our President by a provision that you yourself would embrace if it were Gore who won that court battle.

And for the last time, If Gore had not been selective with his request for recounts you wouldn't have a conspiracy to theorize about today...

Thanks for playing, Vote Bush in Nov. :)

rustoffa
02-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Sen. John Kerry's campaign says their candidate has nothing to hide. They point out that Kerry's local paper, the Boston Globe, had recently printed a seven-part series that revealed everything embarrassing. "The man has been in the U.S. Senate for more than a decade," says a Kerry staffer on Capitol Hill. "We've seen all there is. The man is clean."

As an example, the staffer pointed to the veterans from Vietnam Kerry has surrounded himself with. "Almost to a one, these guys have said that they had reached out to Kerry over the years and never heard back from him. Suddenly he's running for president and he's all hot and heavy to use them to his advantage." Imagine that!

:uck: :asshole:

Link: here (http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=6106) [/B]

His anti-vietnam rhetoric will eventually come to light.....comparing the actions of his brothers in arms to those of Ghengis Khan.Arrgh....
:gun:

FORD
02-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
His anti-vietnam rhetoric will eventually come to light.....comparing the actions of his brothers in arms to those of Ghengis Khan.Arrgh....
:gun:

I'm no defender of Judas, but get real. Who's gonna challenge him on Vietnam? The deserter shitbag who couldn't even fulfill the cushy duty in the National Guard that his daddy worked so hard for him to get??

rustoffa
02-09-2004, 10:57 PM
read more (http://tastymanatees.com/archives/000167.html)

Cathedral
02-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Oh he will be challenged on it, guarenteed...
Bush has an Honorable Discharge from the service, that is a fact.

You all are underestimating this calm before the storm, trust me..lol.

Just take a gander at the horizon, those clouds are waiting for a Democrat Nominee so it can unleash it's well funded fury upon him...

rustoffa
02-10-2004, 01:33 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/dangerous_goods/john_fonda.jpg

KANE
02-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The reason the Bay of Pigs failed is because George Bush Sr was the CIA agent in charge of the operation. The BCE never could pull off an invasion properly.

As for the missile crisis, if Junior the unelected imbecile had illegally occupied the Oval Office during that time, we wouldn't be here to talk about this right now.

Dude, your eatin too much of that government cheese again, listen, no matter what happens in this life your gonna find something to whine about, thats just the way your mind wants to work, we all know people like yourself, im not rippin on you sarcastically, but thats just the way it is, its a mental thing. i respect your honor to the dumacrats but im a military man and they are no friend of mine, and in todays world, believe me, we need a strong defense or one of these days your be pickin up body parts that belong to someone close to you, then maybe you'll understand....

FUCK IT ! SAY IT ! !V !

FORD
02-10-2004, 08:41 PM
So you're implying the Republicans ARE your friends?

The guys who start illegal wars based on false pretenses and get 500 + of your fellow servicemen killed.

The guys who slash veteran's benefits, and cut combat hazard pay in Iraq after the "mission was accomplished"?

The guys who already have an agenda to repeat these same mistakes all over the planet, and will have to bring back the draft in order to do it??

If these are the "friends" of a military man, who the Hell needs an enemy?

As for a strong defense OF THE UNITED STATES, I have no problem with that at all. That however does not include the PNAC agenda, or bailing out Ariel Sharon, nor does it include Star Wars or the eventual drilling for oil on Mars planned by the BCE.

If the US military was correctly used for only defending THIS country, there probably wouldn't be a "terrorist threat" in the first place.