PDA

View Full Version : Vick gets the biggest deal in NFL history

POJO_Risin
12-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Alright...he's a freak of nature...

but he's getting more than Manning????!!!!?????

Jesus Christ...wait until Brady comes up for a deal...

and with Vick being injury prone...christ...

Vick's getting over 100 million over 10 years...with fucking 37+ million in guaranteed signing bonus...

Jesus H. Christ...

I wonder how long before the NFL owners start bitching about salaries?

Vick OVERPAID (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8030663)

ALinChainz
12-23-2004, 04:41 PM
When the TV money runs out ... which isn't anytime soon.

The Falcons are still paying for what might be.

POJO_Risin
12-23-2004, 04:44 PM
It's baffling to me...

he's not having a great year...

he's not rated among the top 5-10 qb's...

you aren't kidding they are paying for what might be...

DLR7884
12-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Overpaid, overrated and way too injury prone.

DLR7884
Money poorly spent.

ALinChainz
12-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Overpaid Vick, overpaid Price.

They better at least make some playoff noise.

Vick basically puts asses in the seats. And a few W's in the record too, but he hasn't completed 60% of his passes in back to back games yet in his career I don't believe and not sure if he has any 3 TD pass games tey in his tenure there.

All the owners are expecting the cap to be up there with this next TV deal. We'll see.

tjvhou812
12-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Overpaid Vick, overpaid Price.

They better at least make some playoff noise.

Vick basically puts asses in the seats. And a few W's in the record too, but he hasn't completed 60% of his passes in back to back games yet in his career I don't believe and not sure if he has any 3 TD pass games tey in his tenure there.

All the owners are expecting the cap to be up there with this next TV deal. We'll see.

could not agree more

POJO_Risin
12-23-2004, 05:13 PM
I agree he puts asses in the seats...

funny thing is though...

I think Schaub would be a winner...and put just as many asses in the seats...

and perhaps recoup some of the Price value by throwing him the ball...lmfao...

not saying Schaub should start over Vick...but I think he'll be a good one...if he ever gets a chance...

Troy
12-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Isn't the cap going away in '06? I thought I read that somewhere.

WARF
12-23-2004, 05:46 PM
We'll see how much he's worth, when he's retired from football with an injury in 2007.

All it takes it one big hit.... with all the scrambling he does.... ask Randell Cunningham!

Troy
12-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Randall Cunningham got blackballed from the NFL.

DLR7884
12-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Troy

Explain this to me please.

DLR7884
Thanks!

Bob_R
12-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Overpaid, overrated and way too injury prone.

DLR7884
Money poorly spent.

Exactly.

Bob_R
12-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Troy

Another piece of shit quarterback.

DLRDUDE
12-23-2004, 07:14 PM
What's McNabb making a year? T.O. is gone and can you imagine what would happen if the Eagles lost Westbrook. Did you see all the Eagles make the Pro bowl... My God how did they all get in there? Their defense is ranked tenth in the league and the 'Skins are ranked second and they have one starter for the Pro Bowl. Sorry to get away from the subject, just chiming in.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Vick is just a faster Kordell Stewart....

Common demoninator ?? Both of them are inaccurate as hell....

While Vick has the stronger arm (not by much), Vick's pass pct. is about 55 pct this year, quite average.....

Fairwrning
12-24-2004, 02:49 PM
well..I agree with the overpaid part..ALL pro athletes are over fuckin paid..when you make more money than the president of the United States to play a game..cmon..
Vick has the strongest arm in the NFL..period..the strongest...go see this guy play in person and then tell me he doesn't..he can flick the ball 60 yards downfield off 1 foot...unbeleivable..
Manning should be making more..by far the best in the league right now..put Vick on a team with more weapons..Philly/Pitt/NE/.....and they would win the super bowl every year...injuries are the only downside...the guy is definately injury prone..

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 01:26 PM
LMFAO...here's a Vick fan for you...

Ryan Leaf had a strong arm...

Art Schlister had a strong arm...

Kordell Stewart has a strang arm...

WALTER PEYTON HAD A STRONG ARM...and could run better...

natural tools are natural tools...

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HE FLICKED HIS WRIST ON A 60 YARDER...and someone on his team was there to catch it?

Look...I think Vick...if they stick with him...may be able to be a great quarterback...

but right now...he's a running back who has to throw the ball...an exceptional running back...but a running back...

No way whould he be the highest paid player in the league...

no way...

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 01:44 PM
ummm..i agreed with you asshole;)

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning
well..I agree with the overpaid part..ALL pro athletes are over fuckin paid..when you make more money than the president of the United States to play a game..cmon..
Vick has the strongest arm in the NFL..period..the strongest...go see this guy play in person and then tell me he doesn't..he can flick the ball 60 yards downfield off 1 foot...unbeleivable..
Manning should be making more..by far the best in the league right now..put Vick on a team with more weapons..Philly/Pitt/NE/.....and they would win the super bowl every year...injuries are the only downside...the guy is definately injury prone..

No my friend...you agreed that ALL pro players are overpaid, and that Manning should be making more...

My point was...Vick isn't even one of the top 5 qb's in the league...

it almost sounds like you have him behind Manning...and even though Peyton may enjoy that...he's not...not yet...probably not ever.

You really think...if Vick played with any of those teams...he would win the super bowl every year?

bro...you can't be serious. Vick played for Pittsburgh for 5 years...and they didn't get anywhere...

Va was right...Vick couldn't hit the broadside of a barn...if his nose was touching it...and has no touch...

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Vick played for pittsburgh??

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 02:39 PM
I cannot believe you guys think Vick sucks...unreal..

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 02:47 PM
No...Kordell did...same difference...players better suited to another position...

I didn't say he sucked in this thread...I said he wasn't a top 5 QB...and injury prone...not worthy of a deal like that...

of course I realize it goes beyond play...and bringing in the fans...

Vick is immensely talented...just don't think it's as a qb...we'll see down the line as he gets a weapon or two to throw to...

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Manning shovel pass to tie the record

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 03:12 PM
oops..lmao..wrong thread

DrMaddVibe
12-26-2004, 03:19 PM
I cannot believe you guys think Vick sucks...unreal..

Why? How many Super Bowls has he won? How many playoff games has he won? How many Probowls has he been to? How many records has he broken?

Give me a break. The Falcons have painted themselves into the same corner that the Dolphins painted themselves with when they gave Marino(someone more worthy of the contract Vick was able to secure!)the big cash. The salary cap forces them to find rookies that can't play the way a superstar needs too or older over the hill atheletes that'll settle for crumbs for the chance at another ring.

Vick reminds me of Tarkenton and Cunningham. Always running for their lives because they're being chased out of a crumbling line and racing for 3 seconds to find a target to unload the ball to or they'll sprint for 20 yards. Eventually something gets broken and they'll never play the same. Vick isn't as strong, physically as either of those 2 guys and takes WAY more chances flirting with disaster than those 2 ever did.

Say goodbye to whatever the team was going to do as far as tooling for a Super Bowl, because Vick is their anchor dragging them down.

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Many good points there...

I don't know about the being as strong physically as Tarkenton...or Cunningham for that matter...he's bigger than both...faster than both...

but agree with most of the rest...especially the talk about what will happen in the future...

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 03:35 PM
look people..all i am saying is Vick is a great Qb..give him some time in the league..he may never see a Super Bowl..but does that make him not a good QB??..how many great QB's have NEVER been to the big one..
again..i agree he is overpaid...but i also think he is a top 10 Qb...easily..

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 03:40 PM
oh..last thing..the guy is 14-4 as a starter..not bad

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 03:46 PM
What was Trent Dilfer's record with Baltimore the year they won?

should he be making 130 million?

He has a strong arm...

a proven leader...

Vick...top 10...yeah...for sure...

and it's past him being overpaid...HE'S THE TOP PAID PLAYER PERIOD...

You should have stats like Manning...he doesn't...great rushing stats for a qb...best ever...in some respects...leads the league in yards per carry...

but...

he's NOT a running back...

DrMaddVibe
12-26-2004, 03:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1038 - Cunningham

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253 - Vick

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=209 - Tarkenton

How is it that Vick rates better than them?

PS:.....http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=1303 .

...Vick hasn't made a blip on the radar. He's a dead man walking.

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Who said Vick rates better than tham?

You said he wasn't as strong as either of them...

I didn't realize that if I said he was as or more physically stronger than those other two...

I was saying he was better...

since I'm the one that's been saying he's overrated from the start...lmfao...

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 03:55 PM
damn..you guys are taking this way too seriously...ok..ok..vick sucks:rolleyes:

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Thank you...;)

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 03:57 PM
you're welcome...remind me not to argue with anyone on this site again:D

DrMaddVibe
12-26-2004, 03:58 PM
If you're going to bring Vick into the house...please don't!

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 04:00 PM
you're welcome...remind me not to argue with anyone on this site again:D

What?????

You know I think Vick is overrated...

he's a playmaker...just not a qb...IMO...of course...he'll probably have 4,000 yards passing...and 1,000 rushing next year...lmfao...so I'll shut my piehole...

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
If you're going to bring Vick into the house...please don't! how about Marcus??

DrMaddVibe
12-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Please!

You don't learn.

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Please!

You don't learn. lmao..i was kiddin..but you know he will be a GREAT pro:rolleyes:

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 04:15 PM
I can't let Marcus "into the house.."

I have a 7 month old daughter...he may ask her out...;)

a great pro?

Are they going to move him to a new position?...RB perhaps?

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 04:17 PM
He will be in charge of finding the chicks and illegal drugs for whatever team drafts him...Ravens maybe??

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 04:19 PM
LMFAO...probably for his brother...

DrMaddVibe
12-26-2004, 04:26 PM
After Mike's payday...the Falcons can't afford to pay him too!

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Don't worry...Mike will pay him to carry his bags...he'll never start at VTech...never...

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Don't count on that Pojo...my boys don't really have a good QB coming back that i know of..they got committments from some top state players but not sure if any are QB's..

POJO_Risin
12-26-2004, 04:41 PM
God...what an embarassment though...

Fairwrning
12-26-2004, 04:43 PM
i figured he would have transferred..but i guess nobody would take him

POJO_Risin
12-27-2004, 06:20 PM
No...he doesn't want to transfer...

I remember hearing something about a some sort of deal he made with VTech that he wouldn't play for a year...and they'd review his conduct at that juncture. I'm sure he didn't try and transfer at that point...being that he would have to sit out a year anyways...

Fairwrning
12-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
God...what an embarassment though... after having a class QB like Randall..yes..big let down

Fairwrning
12-28-2004, 07:58 PM
ok..question..EXCLUDING Manning..not counting age and all that bullshit..if the player you choose stayed as is for the next 10 seasons..
Who would you take to start a franchise as your Quarterback?

Fairwrning
12-28-2004, 07:59 PM
I would take Brady..doesn't make alot of mistakes and is as clutch as they come

DrMaddVibe
12-28-2004, 08:46 PM
As is...barring injury...with a rcv'ing corps...Culpepper or McNabb.