PDA

View Full Version : Varitek re-signs with Red Sox...

Dave's PA Rental
12-23-2004, 05:11 PM
four years, 40 Million. Welcome back Tek. (Somewhere A-Rod just shit himself...)

Dave's PA Rental
12-23-2004, 05:12 PM
great...I got scooped by tjvhou812...

POJO_Risin
12-23-2004, 05:15 PM
LMFAO...you got scooped by a freakin' Hagar fan...

why did ARod just shit himself?

Dave's PA Rental
12-23-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

why did ARod just shit himself?

He realized that he has to face Tek and the Sox 19+ times AGAIN this year...flashbacks of getting bitch-slapped...

WARF
12-23-2004, 07:25 PM
The Red Soxs just signed Wade Miller today too!

Should fill in nicely for Pedro.... is he stays healthy!

tjvhou812
12-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
great...I got scooped by tjvhou812...

:)

Sammy Who??
12-26-2004, 08:59 PM
four years, 40 Million. Welcome back Tek. (Somewhere A-Rod just shit himself...)

who gives a fuck jackass

Dave's PA Rental
12-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Sammy Who??
who gives a fuck jackass

yeah, could you fill it up with regular?

ALinChainz
12-29-2004, 01:47 PM
He'll be wearing the captain "C" for the Sox this season.

Not sure if he was the captain last year, but obviously the players choice for the position.

Dave's PA Rental
12-29-2004, 06:00 PM
He's been the 'unoficial' captain for two years. I believe that 'Captain' is just ceremonial in baseball...I really dont think that his uniform will have a 'C' on it like in the press conference picture...

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Jeter has a C on his jersey doesn't he?...on the sleeve?

Of course...they haven't won shit since they did it...so...

maybe it's not such a good idea...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Now here's the $64,000 question...

Is Varitek worth 10 million clams a year, and if so, how would you compare it to Kendall's contract ???

Dave's PA Rental
12-29-2004, 08:20 PM
Im not familiar with Kendall's contract...but as for Varitek...it is widely accepted as fact that he makes mediocre pitchers alot better in the way he calls pitches during a game, and basically being a player/(pitching) coach...

But is ANYONE worth ten frikkin million dollars a year to play a child's game? Is he half as good as Manny (who makes 25 million a year...duh'oh! Sorry Pojo!)?...I would say 'yes'.

Hey Va Beach...what happened to your Penguins avatar?

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Look...Manny isn't worth that money...you get no argument from me...

is he half as good as Manny? Offensively no...but if you compare both sides...O and D...there's no fucking doubt he's worth what Manny is...

Manny takes innings off EVERY GAME....how this guy isn't fucking DH'ing...I'll never know...

Igosplut
12-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Because Ortiz is a far better DH, AND a classier guy...

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Huh?

Igosplut
12-29-2004, 08:44 PM
Needed a edit..

Igosplut
12-29-2004, 08:46 PM
At least Ortiz realises he's in a baseball game...

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 08:46 PM
LMFAO...I just saw because Or....

I can't disagree with your statements about Ortiz...hell...you could say Strawberry was classier than Manny...

You know...ARod makes that kinda money...but he's a leader...a quiet leader...but a leader...relatively classy...

Manny has none of that...none...10 cent head...

Dave's PA Rental
12-29-2004, 09:19 PM

You know...ARod makes that kinda money...but he's a leader...a quiet leader...but a leader...relatively classy...

ARod a leader? Um, do you even WATCH baseball, Pojo? ;)

(what? you didnt think I was gonna let that slip by, did you?)

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Look...you can say what you want about baseball...you can say what you want about ARod...

but the ONLY beef people have against him is playing teams against each other to raise his payday...

he doesn't do drugs...he doesn't cause dissention in the clubhouse...he just goes out and plays...and does it better than just about anybody else...

And before you start talking about how he's never played for a winner...a World Series winner...lmfao...

well...go ahead...I'll wait and retort...

Dave's PA Rental
12-29-2004, 10:34 PM

...he just goes out and plays...and does it better than just about anybody else...

...except when it counts! He's the Peyton Manning of baseball! You just are in LOVE with regular season stats.

And I dont believe for a second that he gets along with everyone in the clubhouse...not according to players from Seattle and Texas

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Jesus Christ Rental...

yeah...yeah...fuck regular season stats....they don't fucking mean anything....

You asked me if I watched baseball...now I get to throw it back at you...

ARod has always been clutch in the playoffs...but wait...they didn't win...so it was his fault...christ...

He has what...a .330 lifetime average in the playoffs...7 or 8 dingers...20 or so RBIs?

and in what...25 playoff games...yeah...those stats suck...it was all his fault...

I'm not going to get into it with you about what players are saying about him in the clubhouse. You make 25 million a year...players are going to get pissed off...that's just the way it is...but he's always performed...period...

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Peyton Manning of baseball...jesus christ dude...what's gotten up your ass lately?

you uptight because I don't like Brady...and...um...no offense...it has nothing to do with your Patriots...and everything to do with the college he comes from...

As I've said before...you have acquired this "YankeeLike" swagger...

Dave's PA Rental
12-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I am a spoiled sports fan...I even admitted it in another thread! :)

.330, 6 HR and 16 RBI in 26 post season games. I didnt say he SUCKED...(although those RBI's are a little soft...)

You are a big 'Stats' guy...thats why you love Manning and A-Rod...I, however, am an 'intangeables' guy...hard to defend because intangeables are difficult to statisticaly describe...

Here is what I mean by sucking when 'it counts'...

Manning vs. Pats early this year...Colts driving...end of the game...all Manning has to do is NOT GET SACKED OUT OF FIELD GOAL RANGE and Vanderjackoff chips one home for a Colts win. What happens? He doesnt look to his right, and gets pancaked by Willie McGinnest OUT OF FIELD GOAL RANGE! Vandy's streak of 30something FG's in a row is broken...

2004 ALCS...the momentum in that game was turning to the Yankees...what does A-Rod do? He has a brain-fart and tries to swipe the ball out of Arroyo's glove (which is against the rules)...

It's the intangeables, dude. I didnt say that they sucked...its just that when the game is on the line, they wouldnt be my first picks...

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 12:13 AM
I AM a stats guy...love them...

I also dig the intangibles...

however...there are players I also don't like...and players I like...which has nothing to do with stats...

I don't like Manning...but he wins by default over Brady because of one thing...U of M...

I also realize that Manning's stats are bloated this year because of the new defensive rules for corners...but I'll back him over Brady any day of the week...simply because I can't stand WolverQueens...

Manning can still overcome all that's been said of him with a Super Bowl win...in which case the who's better becomes a mute point...we'll see if that can happen...

the ARod discussion...well...I don't want to go there...I think they lost for more than the swipe...but I get your point...

I'm almost afraid of who your first pick would be in baseball...

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Love Manning and ARod...

what that statement proves is that I'm a good debater..because I love neither...

as a matter of fact...my favorite QB right now is all about intangibles...as Roeth's stats would indicate...

They never needed a stats guy...just an "intangibles" guy...

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 12:15 AM
Of course..we'll see when the playoffs come around...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey Va Beach...what happened to your Penguins avatar?

It's on hiatus.... ;)

I'd put Varitek and Posada on the same level, IMO, decent catchers who are a tad bit overrated because of the teams they play for....

If you don't believe that, tell me just how revered Pudge would be if he caught in either of those cities.....

Dave's PA Rental
12-30-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

If you don't believe that, tell me just how revered Pudge would be if he caught in either of those cities.....

Pudge? Carlton Fisk did play for one of those cities...

Oh wait, did you mean I-Rod? Next thing you will refer to Gary Carter as 'The Kid' instead of Ted Williams...

Dave's PA Rental
12-30-2004, 09:50 AM

I'm almost afraid of who your first pick would be in baseball...

All time? My first pick would be Nolan Ryan. You arent too young to remember him, right?

Dave's PA Rental
12-30-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm a good debater..

Yes, Pojo...you are a 'master-debater'...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-30-2004, 01:35 PM
Pudge? Carlton Fisk did play for one of those cities...

Oh wait, did you mean I-Rod? Next thing you will refer to Gary Carter as 'The Kid' instead of Ted Williams...

LMFAO, Freudian slip there....

Of course I'm referring to I-Rod....

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Nolan Ryan?...lmfao...wouldn't that be a stat choice?

Correct me if I'm wrong...but his only world series appearance was the amazin' Mets...as a bit player...

I liked Ryan...but I think he's a wierd stat/intangible hybrid...

Fantastic stats obviously...and tenacious...

I'm curious...why Ryan?

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 02:15 PM
No Freudian slip Va...

IRod was Pudge as well...lmfao...before ARod...then he moved over to IRod...

"Pudge" Rodriguez...yeah...the 2nd Pudge..but Pudge nonetheless...

I agree with you to a point as well Va...I think they are good OFFENSIVE catchers...which may bloat their overall value...similar to Javy Lopez with Atlanta...did we hear much from him this year in Baltimore?

nope...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Here's the catcher status from 2004...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?baseballScope=mlb&subScope=pos&teamPosCode=2&statType=Overview&timeSubFrame=2004&sitSplit=&venueID=&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 05:10 PM
lmfao...THERE'S LOPEZ...

you know...it's interesting...not many catchers offense EVER improves after 33 or so...

look at those guys...Lopez, Irod...a lot of those guys...over 34...and getting better...

hmmmm...