PDA

View Full Version : An election forecast: We’ll get bin Laden

lucky wilbury
02-04-2004, 01:31 PM
http://www.hillnews.com/under_dome/020404.aspx

An election forecast: We’ll get bin Laden

Sen. Grassley sees terrorist nabbed by Nov. 2 vote

He doesn’t bother to attend secret CIA briefings of his fellow senators because he seldom learns anything he hasn’t read in the newspapers, but Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is convinced the U.S. will track down the elusive mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks before November.

“Obviously, he’ll be caught between now and the election,” Grassley said Monday when asked if he’s disappointed that Osama bin Laden hasn’t been killed or captured.

“I think they’re on his trail now in a way they haven’t been all year,” Grassley said. “It will happen because we will be able to divert more resources [to hunting down bin Laden].”

Grassley, who’s an overwhelming favorite to win a fifth term in November, declined to say why he’s so confident that bin Laden will be brought to justice. But it certainly didn’t come from one of those secret CIA briefings.

“I think it’s legitimate for me to question all of our intelligence information because that I never learned anything from those briefings that I hadn’t learned in the newspapers. If they don’t know anything more than they’re telling us, what’s the use of having an intelligence agency, and why bother to brief us?”

Although President Bush’s re-election prospects would no doubt be boosted if bin Laden is found, Grassley said Democrats may have a better chance if Sen. John Edwards (N.C.) wins his party’s presidential nomination rather than the current front-runner, Sen. John Kerry (Mass.).

“ I would say that Senator Kerry is more of a threat than [Howard] Dean but less of a threat than Senator Edwards” because of the latter’s strength in the South, he said.

Jesus Christ
02-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Foolish is he who putteth his kingdom at risk just for the sake of election. For this I say unto you, that the Son of Bush cares not for the safety of America but only for the fruits of his own greed.

Cathedral
02-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Stop making Jeus look bad, please...thank you.. ;)

They will capture Bin Laden by Nov. because he has already been captured. he's just on ice until we get closer to election day.
That's just a guess of course...

Dr. Love
02-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Stop making Jeus look bad, please...thank you.. ;)

They will capture Bin Laden by Nov. because he has already been captured. he's just on ice until we get closer to election day.
That's just a guess of course...

I would hope that this would be the case (they have him) and not the case (they are holding him for political gain).

If that scenario was true, that is FUCKED UP

Cathedral
02-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah that would be fucked up.
But i was just beating the liberals to their own argument if they catch him at all between now and Election day, lol...

You know that is exactly what they will be screaming just to discredit Bush.

KANE
02-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
I would hope that this would be the case (they have him) and not the case (they are holding him for political gain).

If that scenario was true, that is FUCKED UP LOL, you all need to go on a field trip..He's alive and we are trackin him like a dog, when he is captured, and he will be, he will live about 15 mins. longer, the pakistani's will kill him first, and that'll be it, boom, bu-by, then someone else will take over and over and ove...

Cathedral
02-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Like Bush said, we got them (terrorists) on the run.
And that is because America and it's "Coalition" are takeing them on in their neck of the woods.
The fact that another attack hasn't taken place on our soil is proof that they are on the run.
They keep trying and only a moron believes that they aren't.

But sure enough, if one happens to make it through and kills 6,000 people i can already here the Liberals screaming foul.

Politics have no place in this war on terror. we all need to be vigilant and look out for each other or the country is weaker and attacks more probable...
Think about it, if not for a Republican in office our guard would be down and we'd have been hit again by now.

Vote Bush in 2004 or get ready for another hit...

Ally_Kat
02-08-2004, 01:21 AM
i think the dude is dead

Pink Spider
02-08-2004, 08:23 AM
With CGI that doesn't matter.

KANE
02-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Like Bush said, we got them (terrorists) on the run.
And that is because America and it's "Coalition" are takeing them on in their neck of the woods.
The fact that another attack hasn't taken place on our soil is proof that they are on the run.
They keep trying and only a moron believes that they aren't.

But sure enough, if one happens to make it through and kills 6,000 people i can already here the Liberals screaming foul.

Politics have no place in this war on terror. we all need to be vigilant and look out for each other or the country is weaker and attacks more probable...
Think about it, if not for a Republican in office our guard would be down and we'd have been hit again by now.

Vote Bush in 2004 or get ready for another hit...

Amen my Bro'ham........SAY IT !

rustoffa
02-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Three words :scorched earth policy.
For fucks sake,every faux pacifistic government in the world is offended about our stance on terrorism.It makes me fucking sick.These motherfuckers felt a little empathy while it was convenient (trade center).Why fight their current rhetoric?There's obviously no saving face in regard to our (USA) evil interlopings in mideast affairs,so just go with it.Turn up the heat and kill anything deemed to be somewhat of a threat.Oh,you think it's because dubya's daddy didn't finish the job in desert storm?No,that wasn't it at all,it was about the monoliths on Easter Island and we just bombed the fucking shit out of em'.Oh,you think we're out to control the flow of oil in Iraq?Wrong again,it was about the ridiculous inbreeding problem in Haiti and we just bombed the shit out of em'.The possibilities are endless.

KANE
02-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Three words :scorched earth policy.
For fucks sake,every faux pacifistic government in the world is offended about our stance on terrorism.It makes me fucking sick.These motherfuckers felt a little empathy while it was convenient (trade center).Why fight their current rhetoric?There's obviously no saving face in regard to our (USA) evil interlopings in mideast affairs,so just go with it.Turn up the heat and kill anything deemed to be somewhat of a threat.Oh,you think it's because dubya's daddy didn't finish the job in desert storm?No,that wasn't it at all,it was about the monoliths on Easter Island and we just bombed the fucking shit out of em'.Oh,you think we're out to control the flow of oil in Iraq?Wrong again,it was about the ridiculous inbreeding problem in Haiti and we just bombed the shit out of em'.The possibilities are endless.

They all loved it when we had their back during the Soviet days, its more like "What have you done for me lately, fair weather friend noise, they will all regret it someday, everything happens in cycles, they will be threatened by someone or something someday.

Pink Spider
02-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Right-wingers make it so easy to draw anyone away from their cause.

"Let's just bomb 'em and let the mighty Jebus sort them out."

I don't even know if you can call that an ideology because it lacks an idea. It's like cowards trying to look brave and "patriotic" in the eyes of their peers. I bet most of them sleep with a nightlight on. :)

rustoffa
02-09-2004, 08:43 AM
You can call it a dalmation if you want to.Hell,call it a "jebus" if you'd like.Turn your nightlight off and be thankful that "certain groups" don't have the means to "bomb and let the mighty allah do some sorting".

EAST COAST
02-09-2004, 09:33 AM
thank heaven for G.W. we finally got a man in the oval office who brings respect the the white house, we have not had that for a long time. liberals cry about anything and everything.. to a liberal the glass is always half empty, and its always some one elses fault..... YAWN... NOW THE WORLD CAN AT LEAST RESPECT THE WORDS OF THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION.. WE ARE NO LONGER A PAPER LION ADMINISTRATION....

Cathedral
02-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
Right-wingers make it so easy to draw anyone away from their cause.

"Let's just bomb 'em and let the mighty Jebus sort them out."

I don't even know if you can call that an ideology because it lacks an idea. It's like cowards trying to look brave and "patriotic" in the eyes of their peers. I bet most of them sleep with a nightlight on. :)

And appeasing terrorists is an idea you support?
Letting Dictators who deal in arms with those very people that want you and I dead stay in power?

Shit, at least a Republican will risk his life to save your's...

Hell, Al Gore said it himself as he was losing control slamming Bush that he would not have touched Saddam.
So again, we have a prominant Liberal stating that it is fine and good for Millions of people to be tortured, raped, mamed and murdered by their leader while we sit on our asses and do nothing.

That is a very nice stand to take against humanity if you ask me...

alexpgrimes
02-09-2004, 11:22 PM
This kind of policy is the only thing that those terrorist understand. If we see them we'll wipe them out. For too long we've turned our collective cheek. I don't agree with G.W on alot of things but he's dead on on this one. Kill them before they can kill you.

Cathedral
02-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Ah fuck it man, it's a waste of breath trying to talk facts with Liberals.

A terrorist could stand in front of them and shoot them in the gut and their last action will be to carve Bush's name in the dirt.

Pathetic, but at least they show more consistency than any candidate they have campaigning right now.

Viva La Bush in '04!!!!!!

FORD
02-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by EAST COAST
thank heaven for G.W. we finally got a man in the oval office who brings respect the the white house, we have not had that for a long time. liberals cry about anything and everything.. to a liberal the glass is always half empty, and its always some one elses fault..... YAWN... NOW THE WORLD CAN AT LEAST RESPECT THE WORDS OF THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION.. WE ARE NO LONGER A PAPER LION ADMINISTRATION....

Since when is an unelected fraud, committing treason against his own country and then LYING his way into a war for the fascist PNAC agenda equal to "respect"??

The Bush Criminal Empire has done NOTHING worthy of anything but TOTAL FUCKING CONTEMPT and the day these criminals are thrown out of the White House will be a day of celebration for the entire planet.

Cathedral
02-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Way to many periods, Ford....I have been reading Wayne posts for a few months over at Freaks joint...that ain't a Wayne post, lol...

His pee brain is incapable of fooling me on a Monday, lmmfao.

Pink Spider
02-10-2004, 12:20 AM
And appeasing terrorists is an idea you support?

Letting Dictators who deal in arms with those very people that want you and I dead stay in power?

Shit, at least a Republican will risk his life to save your's...

Hell, Al Gore said it himself as he was losing control slamming Bush that he would not have touched Saddam.
So again, we have a prominant Liberal stating that it is fine and good for Millions of people to be tortured, raped, mamed and murdered by their leader while we sit on our asses and do nothing.

No, "we" didn't stand by and do nothing. "We" gave it our support.

Look at reality, Iraq now has no stability. Bush Sr. and even Schwartzkopf, two of the biggest US imperial leaders warned of a US invasion. If they even said this, then things can get worse than the days of Saddam, a lot worse. Their words, not mine.

And how can there be a democracy in Iraq when we can't even establish one here? We haven't even solved 1/4th of our own problems yet. So one candidate gets 99% in Iraq and 2 get 99% in the US. It's just ONE more candidate and only ONE more party. Why isn't this troubling anyone else???

Although you and many others have fallen for every line of propaganda they've spouted, these people have no good intentions. They're there to rob the Iraqis blind. We've seen it before countless times. If they have one purpose in life, then that's exactly what it is. Theft. Excuses are plenty. You only have to look and see that there have been more dictatorships endorsed than opposed.

Simply put, if you want to be a humanitarian, join the UN.
"We" want oil.

Cathedral
02-10-2004, 01:36 AM
B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T!!!

Propoganda?

Don't look now, but we are winning the war against the insurgents in Iraq.
Do you know why?
Because the Iraqi's want a FREE country.
And thos Democrats who supported the war in the beginning want to flip flop on it now because yes, it does look bad. But then again, WAR was never a trip to the Dairy Queen to get a double dip chocolate chip on a sugar cone.

Look, if memory serves me correctly the only Americans who made a bid for the oil were the Democrats, and they did it to pay for REBUILDING Iraq.
Who is that says "No, The oil in Iraq belongs to the Iraqi's" why, it was the Republicans.

This whole War for Oil crap didn't work then and it won't work now.

But i will say this, The day we start trucking their oil out of their for our own financial gain is the day i become a Democrat......no, fuck that, i'll never support confusion and Partisan Hatred just to get control over the people of this country so they can raise taxes, expand government, and drive immorality to an all-time high..

Fuck, I had enough of that under Clinton for 8 "he did nothing" years...

Junyore Grades
02-10-2004, 11:05 AM
The pictures I've seen of happy, smiling kids from Kuattii up to the northernest part of Iraq is enough for me to support this war. It was also enough for the 111th WVARNG to say that, if they were called, they'd go back. No one here could fathom the conditions that the Iraqis have had to endure for thirty years. There are whole cities just on the outskirts of Bagdad who have had no water or electricity since Saddam's reign.
You can cry "It was because of our sanctions" all you want, but they've only been in place for 10 years, and these systems have been out much longer than that.
Iraq is one of the biggest oil producing nations in the world! If this regime was "fair" at all, they could atleast take care of the suburbs of their Capitol city.

Pink Spider
02-10-2004, 12:28 PM
I've seen a few pictures too and they weren't of happy smiling children. They were of children ripped apart by cluster bombs..
Am I to take the corporate media's word or someone objective? Hmmm..that's a tough one.

You can deny it now, but some of you jumped straight on the "help" bandwagon now that the WMD issue the Shrub regime has been on about has been proved wrong. Just remember, liars like to tell many lies and I seriously doubt that even half of the lies have been exposed yet. There are other ways of solving problems without war. It's a pity that some of you can't see that.

If you were to pick nearly any African nation on the map, they live in worse conditions than Iraq. A lot of help we're giving them. If they have a few diamond mines, we'll think about it. Maybe we're not short on diamonds at the moment.

One other thing. When it comes to helping people in your own country, some of you have been adamantly opposed to that. Strange..

knuckleboner
02-10-2004, 01:12 PM

and what has bush done about the oppressed, murdered, tortured people of north korea? of liberia? of bahrain? of zimbabwe?

i really DON'T think that control of the oil was why the administration went into iraq. but i also don't think it was for humanitarian reasons.

Junyore Grades
02-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
I've seen a few pictures too...

But was it militairy film(CD), from a militairy camera? Thought not. You should see the model ship my dad was given, by a Kuatti, shortly before he left. It's beautiful!

Osama Bin Laden
02-10-2004, 07:15 PM
The prophet Jesus has spoken the Truth. If the infidels think their political triumph depends on my capture, they have miscalculated greatly. For the Little Satan Bush has no idea where I am, and by the grace of Allah most merciful, he shall never find me.

rustoffa
02-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Osama Bin Laden
The prophet Jesus has spoken the Truth. If the infidels think their political triumph depends on my capture, they have miscalculated greatly. For the Little Satan Bush has no idea where I am, and by the grace of Allah most merciful, he shall never find me.
You bought that fucking cave in Missouri!!! You sneaky fuck!

EAST COAST
02-11-2004, 09:33 AM
please you bitter little liberals.. kerry is goin down and down hard.. you all have to deal with it. at least you will be able to complain, (Thats the trade mark of a tried and true liberal). the glass is always half empty... when i hear an intelligent statement from one of these dem candidates it will be the first.. they have no vision, just bitterness must suck for you followers. you are picking the wrong side, read a little before you choose.

FORD
02-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Who the Hell supports Kerry around here? Sure as Hell not I.

As for intelligent statements, I don't believe Junior has made ONE in his entire 57 years on this planet.

Pink Spider
02-11-2004, 09:42 AM
"read a little.."

Exactly.

I can't stand all of these Kerry supporters spamming this board. They're everywhere. ;)