PDA

View Full Version : The new Yankee deal for Johnson

POJO_Risin
12-27-2004, 06:24 PM
The DBacks are looking to the Pirates to help complete the deal to get rid of Randy Johnson.

In this scenario, Arizona would get both Kip Wells and Craig Wilson...with another prospect,

the Yanks would get Randy Johnson,

and the Pirates would get the third base and catching prospect from the Yanks...

there may be money and other things involved...but this is the first piece of this puzzle...

The Yanks have said that Friday is the last they'll talk about this deal...so we shall see...

Catfish
12-27-2004, 06:28 PM
So the Yanks are trying to shove off the crap prospects the Dodgers didn't want to Pittsburgh...

People need to remember that if the Yankees never fucking have any top prospects. That's why they buy their players off other teams.

POJO_Risin
12-27-2004, 06:42 PM
The Yankees never have prospects?

I hate the fucking Yankees...but at the beginning of the Torre era...there were aplenty...which is why they were good...and how they got back to the top...

historically the Yankees aren't good when their team is made up of free agents...ala the 80's and early 90's...

They had Jeter, Bernie in his prime, Pettitte, Posada..just to name a few...all all-stars durint that period...

right now...they are prospect thin because Steinbrenner has forced them to be that way...however...

the catching prospect...

Eric Duncan...is their top prospect...a third baseman...good fielder...great hitter...a year or two away...

Dioner Navarro is a catching prospect...who has some offensive strengths, and calls a good game...and is ready this year...and would more than likely start this year for the buccos...who just opened up that slot...

The overall farm system sucks for NY...I agree...but there are servicable ball players there...and Duncan will be a stud...and Navarro will be good as well...

the Dodgers pulled out because they were getting screwed...

this deal would be much more simple...the key to this deal would be the contract to match Randy's...Shawn Green's deal represented this with the Dodgers...and there doesn't appear to be anyone of similar value here...

We'll see...

Catfish
12-27-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm very glad the Dodgers pulled out. That deal was fucked!

Yeah, Jeter, Posada, Williams and Soriano prove me wrong, but ya get my point. It's amazing the lengths Slaveowner will go to win another ring. I mean, you get the feeling RJ's two innings away from the permanent IR...

POJO_Risin
12-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Here's the thing fish...

Steiney did the same thing in the 80's...signed everybody for big money...and it didn't pan out...

Torre came over to the Yanks...and at first...had much control and say in matters involving the Yankees...and they signed guys he wanted...

but if the Yanks weren't 40 games up...Steiney was unhappy...and dealt for whoever he wanted...making Torre unhappy...making teammates unhappy...

and he's got the bitch Cashman to take the fall for him...

The Deal was great for the Yanks...they lose a catcher...who won't start for 5 years with Posada there...a 3B who they love...but wouldn't start for years...and a starter who was a bust in NY...they get back RJ and Ishii (a serviceable guy)....

The Dodgers lose Penny...who's better than Vazquez...and get Vaz, and two prospects...just not a good deal for them...

Bob_R
12-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Catfish
I'm very glad the Dodgers pulled out. That deal was fucked!

:heyfu: Fuck the Dodgers! :fucku2:

Igosplut
12-28-2004, 06:12 AM
But you have to wonder how much Johnson's got left in the can, Don't they have to shoot his knee up before almost every game??

Va Beach VH Fan
12-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Hmmm, interesting....

If those two prospects are as good as advertised, fuck it, make the deal....

What could it hurt ??

tjvhou812
12-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
The DBacks are looking to the Pirates to help complete the deal to get rid of Randy Johnson.

In this scenario, Arizona would get both Kip Wells and Craig Wilson...with another prospect,

the Yanks would get Randy Johnson,

and the Pirates would get the third base and catching prospect from the Yanks...

there may be money and other things involved...but this is the first piece of this puzzle...

The Yanks have said that Friday is the last they'll talk about this deal...so we shall see...

i hope it don,t go thru......

it's just that i'm a red sox fan

i hate the fucking yankee's:)

Bill Lumbergh
12-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
:heyfu: Fuck the Dodgers! :fucku2:

I'll second that!

redblkwht
12-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Im kinda hoping it dont happen, yankees have enough on their bench
to win it all..when will the MLB have the balls to say NO?

Bob_R
12-29-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
when will the MLB have the balls to say NO?

Huh? :confused: Is there a rule that you're not allowed to improve your team?

Va Beach VH Fan
12-29-2004, 08:40 AM
I'm hearing now that the deal is only between the Yanks and Diamondbacks.....

Carmine
12-29-2004, 01:33 PM
msnbc is reporting that Johnson has told a few of his teammates that the deal is done! scroll down the page

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6760683

Figs
12-29-2004, 02:15 PM
he'll get injured....

Carmine
12-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Figs
he'll get injured....

Easy! :D

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Yeah...apparently the DBacks will be getting Vazquez, Halsey and two prospects of their choice...

Munson will be one of them...has to be...should be a stud in the next year or 2...and Navarro looks to be a good catcher...

Cano is possible...but they have a logjam at 2B...so I'd bet on the first two...

we shall see...high price to pay if you ask me...

2 legitimate starters...and 2 legitimate prospects...for a guy that may not have the gas in the can...

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 05:48 PM
It will help the Yanks this year...but anyone that thinks the Yanks selling their top prospects for short term gain will effect them in the future...well...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-29-2004, 08:03 PM
And if they get both Johnson and Beltran, the payroll will be 220 million....

Lovely, just lovely....

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Are you turning this into a money deal again Va?????????

I mean...200 mil...240 mil...what makes a difference if you aren't winning the series...and they still won't...

Igosplut
12-29-2004, 08:35 PM
It will help the Yanks this year...but anyone that thinks the Yanks selling their top prospects for short term gain will effect them in the future...well...

Man, thats exactly it.... betting the farm on superstars that are questionalble... or not.... Do I hear Giambi? or brown? (I know, not in the same catagory) nobody answered my last post, but doesn't RJ need his knee shot up more often than not before games???

Your not talking about a team that hasn't had a world series win in the past 5 yrs..... or ever..

The more Steinbrenner runs the team recrutment, the more they're doomed to fail...

POJO_Risin
12-29-2004, 08:43 PM
This is why Torre had early success...they brought in the guys he wanted to fit in...the Broshius, the Tino's...and it worked...

They were leaders...and not with the wallet...

This is the Yankees of the late 60's, early 70's...

This is the Yankees of the 80's and early 90's...

they need someone there that isn't a yesman...like Cashman...

someone who may end up getting fired...but who could get the farm system together...

there are no Jeter's...or Bernie's...or Pettittes...

if there were...they wouldn't have to deal for RJ...

I'm not sure about RJ's knee...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Are you turning this into a money deal again Va?????????

I mean...200 mil...240 mil...what makes a difference if you aren't winning the series...and they still won't...

LOL, you know me bro... ;)

I'm hearing Tino may be headed back to the Bronx, BTW.....

Bob_R
12-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I'm hearing Tino may be headed back to the Bronx, BTW.....

Cool.

Carmine
12-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Giambi????? any news on him? If Tino comes back, what will his role be? If they sign Carlos Beltran the talk was to make Bernie Williams a first baseman. Tino coming back to teach him.....interesting......or does Bernie become a permanent DH?

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Well...no way Tino is a starter...for one thing...if they bring in Tino...and sign Beltran...you'll see Tino and Bernie...platooning at first...Tino is a lefty...I believe...and Bernie a righty...well...a switch hitter...and I think a better bat from the right side...

Bernie would of course spell OF's as well...and Tino and Bernie would DH...with whoever the fuck else they have there...

a pretty fucking good tandem if you ask me...

I heard that earlier in the year...

There's a Dave Rental case of intangibles over stats...Giambi vs. Tino...

Carmine
12-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Tino is a lefty. If Tino returns, is that the signal that Giambi is done with the Yanks? I've always preferred Tino over Giambi, but he's what 38, Bernie is 37....

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 02:43 PM
and Giambi has to be in the mid 30 range as well...and a ton of baggage...

I could see Giambi having a big year though...but may have to much to overcome...

Carmine
12-30-2004, 02:48 PM
and Giambi has to be in the mid 30 range as well...and a ton of baggage...

I could see Giambi having a big year though...but may have to much to overcome...

Giambi is 34.....the "baggage" is what concerns me.

tjvhou812
12-30-2004, 02:56 PM
looks like RJ is a yankee...

dbacks and yanks made a deal
they are just waiting for the comish. to approve it

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Alright...I see it...time for a new thread...here we go...

Figs
12-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Солярис

POJO_Risin
12-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Alright...closing this one for the new one...