PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Johnson getting set to coach the Browns?

POJO_Risin
12-27-2004, 06:28 PM
He is interested in the job...but only if he has total control...

The Browns are hesitant to give him that...but may still take a look at it...

His days are done...this would be a bad move...

Bob_R
12-27-2004, 07:54 PM
I thought Jimmy Johnson didn't want to coach a team that plays in cold weather. At least that was his train of thought in the mid/late 90's. I think Johnson's a great coach Pojo and would have won a third straight SB with Dallas. But, maybe he's been away too long. Maybe his time is past like you mentioned.

Parcells came back after a lenghty absence from coaching. That shits in your blood man.

ALinChainz
12-27-2004, 08:05 PM
If Jimmy doesn't get total control, he won't do it.

The Browns had a rep on Monday Night football saying they wanted a traditional set-up, GM and Head Coach.

I'd be surprised, Jimmy likes his boat.

POJO_Risin
12-27-2004, 08:09 PM
I know that's what the rep said...but...I think if Johnson showed interest...they'd seriously consider it...

As far as Jimmy J...he's a great personel guy...I'd actually think of hiring him in a GM/VP role as opposed to a coaching role...at this stage...

he's a great coach...but what he was good at in Dallas...was drafting...and dealing...and building that team...

he totally scammed the NFL year in and year out...getting the players that he wanted...

I would consider him to run my team...

and don't forget EVH...he coached in Miami for 3 years...so it's not like he's been gone that long...

rustoffa
12-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Hmmm,
Wonder if he'd use his "5-year plan" catchphrase again....

He was a cerebral coach with the cowboys to say the least and I doubt he'd dwell in the past.

Overall, seems like a poor fit.

Jerry Glanville (idiot): "He's a fantastic coach, but look what his hair's doing to the ozone layer".

POJO_Risin
12-28-2004, 01:05 AM
The Browns don't have a good fit...they should move to a different city...they aren't worth shit...