PDA

View Full Version : what dave era VH tune are you most tired of?

academic punk
12-27-2004, 08:55 PM
You loved it once. Couldn't stop playing it. But now it's dated very badly. It's sell by date has passed. You don't want to be near it anymore and you're wondering what you ever saw in it.

Kinda like that chick you took to the prom who now has a moustache and an ass worthy of roseanne barr...

Dan
12-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Are you Crazy?

Seshmeister
12-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Off that list Jump and Pretty Woman

Matt White
12-28-2004, 12:20 AM
JUMP would be the only song on that list that I'm "tired" of hearing. But, that being said, it's better than ANYTHING the band has recorded in the last 20 years. Cool lyrics, great vocal performance, and excellent solo. Now, those cheesy keys could go......:)

aesop
12-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Nomination for the Gayest thread ever...OK maybe for the last 24 hours...

...But it's still GAY.

DLR7884
12-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Jump.

DLR7884
Played out.

Big Troubles
12-28-2004, 12:53 PM
jump for sure. still great song- but if I had to choose...that'd be it. (Intruder makes Pretty Woman a cool ass tune)

flappo
12-28-2004, 01:14 PM
shitty woman more like

dd was always the runt in the pack imho

Sarge's Little Helper
12-28-2004, 01:15 PM
shitty woman more like

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>187</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>235</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/graphnew.php</b> on line <b>298</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>250</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>250</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_insert_id(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>253</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>270</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>270</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Too many connections in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>285</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/rotharmy/public_html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>285</b><br />

academic punk
12-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by aesop
Nomination for the Gayest thread ever...OK maybe for the last 24 hours...

...But it's still GAY.

So... I take it you're voting for the last option then?

I mean, really, gaysop, how can this poll even compete for "Gayest thread ever" compared to your own "Does anyone have any nude pics of macauley culkin? Top dollar paid!" thread..?

DrMaddVibe
12-28-2004, 04:28 PM
None.

I like them ALL!

Dave or the grave!

Big Troubles
12-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by flappo
shitty woman more like

I liked DD as a "left turn" for the band. Sure it was shit packed full of covers, but even those tunes were great. Out of the 6 pack, Id say WACF, to me, seems less creative than DD. WACF has a wasteland of "songs" on it. Tora Tora Tora!, Loss of Control are examples of throwing something at the wall to see if it sticks. But as far as creativity goes, FW/ VH2 takes that top spot.

Wayne L.
12-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Dance The Night Away

diamondsgirl
12-31-2004, 07:27 PM
From the list, Jump.
But I would still listen to it any day of the week.

Can't seem to get tired of CVH.

loss of fools
01-01-2005, 07:58 PM
im not and never will get tired of any dlr/vh songs but if i had to chose one it would be aint talking about love. i played it way to much.

Rikk
01-01-2005, 08:00 PM
None of those. I'd say probably RUNNIN' WITH THE DEVIL. It's constantly on the radio. Great song...but it doesn't have all the ingredients I later grew to love in VH. I prefer them more on steriods, like ATOMIC PUNK or LOSS OF CONTROL. (Still, I love all classic VH.)

Last_Child
01-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Panama....because when i bought 1984 i played it constantly..

CVHfan
01-23-2005, 02:08 PM
None. Dude, I completed the 6-pack last week and I have listened to them straight through in chronological order 3 times since then. So am I tired of any CVH tunes? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

blueturk
02-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Atomic Punk?!! What is that doing on this list? It's not exactly a radio staple or anything.

Soul Reaper
02-16-2005, 02:19 PM
I would say none of them, but at gunpoint I would pick Dance The Night Away.

BOMBER
02-16-2005, 04:44 PM
JUMP

Mezro
02-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Jump & Jamie's Crying.

Mezro...i'll be crying if I have to hear either one in the next 6 months...

ALinChainz
02-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Jump ... and you'd have to say that You Really Got Me is up there too.

DeadMan1984
02-17-2005, 03:07 PM
One question, why the hell is Atomic Punk on this list? It's classic!

Atomic_Rob
02-18-2005, 10:55 PM
I'd have to say Jump

FORD
02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Jump, definitely.

degüello
02-21-2005, 04:48 PM
For me, just going from this list, it'd be a toss-up between Jamie's Cryin', Dance The Night Away, and (Oh) Pretty Woman.

None of which I'd switch if they came on the radio, but would skip in an extended at-home CVH session.

smaz
02-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Out of that list, nothing.

CROWBAR
02-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Off of this list I'd say Jump, as it's played out! But for me personally, it's Hot For Teacher. I can't listen to it anymore. Great concept, cool video, but don't want to hear it!

Vivian Campbell
02-28-2005, 07:36 AM
None of the above. Running With The Devil.

degüello
03-01-2005, 07:23 AM
It's funny, I've heard RWTD as much as anyone else, but still get off every time I hear it.

Those fucking harmonies in the chorus, with the huge guitar underneath... I can't get enough of that shit.

Coyote
03-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Jump.

DLR7884
Played out.

What he said.

Terry
03-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Radio has overplayed a bunch of them. Want to qualify that I still dig 99.9% of the CVH catalog.

Jump - wasn't all that fond of it to begin with, played to death on radio

I'll Wait - not really as overplayed as Jump, but always give it a skip if 1984 is in the CD player.

Running With The Devil, Ain't Talking Bout Love - Love 'em both, way overplayed. Jamie's Crying should be in this category, too. For some reason, You Really Got Me never gets tired.

Dance The Night Away - starting to get tired of it

And The Cradle Will Rock - Same thing.

Funny how Al supposedly chose the tracks on BOV1 and they were the ones I was beginning to get wary of hearing.