PDA

View Full Version : Zoom pedals...

smaz
12-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Are they as bad as people say they are? I found one that I like, but if they're crap then I'll keep looking. Anyone have any comments about 'em??

DrMaddVibe
12-28-2004, 08:52 PM
I like my DigiTech pedal...but I'm a bassist. BP200 is the model I have. I like it because it's more portable than a rack mounted and takes a beating!

Tyrone Biggums
12-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by smaz
Are they as bad as people say they are? I found one that I like, but if they're crap then I'll keep looking. Anyone have any comments about 'em??

I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH! ENJOY YOURSELF!

Tyrone Biggums
12-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
I like my DigiTech pedal...but I'm a bassist. BP200 is the model I have. I like it because it's more portable than a rack mounted and takes a beating!

I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH!

Atomic_Rob
12-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Stay well away from Zoom, I had one before and it broke so easy. The quater inch jack inputs are really cheap and shitty, they give up on you after like 3 months. Fuckin useless.

GAR
12-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Junk.

Panamark
12-30-2004, 04:03 AM
Ive only heard their POD rip off.. And it sounded ok.. Dunno about construction and other issues.. For straight out effects boxes, Ive always thought BOSS were a good choice.

smaz
12-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

I'm a bass player too :D That DigiTech BP200 was one that I looked at and I was gonna choose either that one or the Zoom one.

I ended up getting the Zoom one, as I'd played one for a little while before and liked it, it was easy to use, good sound, and does the job well. It's not the best looking thing in the world.....

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/images/zoom708.jpg

smaz
12-30-2004, 06:07 PM
As for Boss pedals, I thought they were good, but out of my price range. Also loads more dials/settings making it more complex, and all I wanted one for really was to mess around with, not dive too deeply into one.

jojo2371
01-26-2005, 06:14 PM
i agree zoom suck totally ! digitech for multi effects and boss for stomp boxes ,as for custom handmade pedals fulltone is pretty good imo!!!!!!

Kristy
01-31-2005, 02:02 AM
Zoom really makes a low-end introductory effects pedal that will most likely do one of three things in about 6 months:

1. fry itself apart due to shitty electronics

2. break itself apart from piss-poor construction and design

3. both, at the same time

Some people here mentioned DigiTech and they make a slightly better pedal for the price. They are slightly higher than Zoom, but if you're taking your playing a bit more seriously with pedals and budget is a factor, Digitech is probably your best bet.

Speaking of Boss Pedals, I have a few: distortion, delay, compressor, tuner, fuzz that are practically new and for sale - cheap!

Anyone interested? I'll even throw in the power supply for
FREE!http://images.misupply.c
om/products/original/Boss/67057.jpg

Coyote
01-31-2005, 03:03 AM
I have an old 4040, albeit retired mainly due to reason #2.

The sounds are okay, I managed to dial in a reasonably good CVH sounds and a generic 80's hard rock sound. (Chorus + Delay)

Until the "Bank Down" and "Bank 1" button died on me and the headphones jack lost connection, that is...

tydhurst
02-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Zoom are shit if you're playing with a full band, it sounds so distant, like it's prerecorded or something!