Breaking News - FBI Responds To Threat Involving HRT Bus That Entered Naval Station

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Island Boy
    Roadie
    • May 2004

Breaking News - FBI Responds To Threat Involving HRT Bus That Entered Naval Station

Breaking News - FBI Responds To Threat Involving HRT Bus That Entered Naval Station Norfolk

The FBI is responding to an incident at Naval Station Norfolk. There are conflicting reports on the situation. But there are reports that a threat was made about an HRT bus entering the Navy base.

The Hampton Roads Transit president has told WAVY News 10 that they received a threatening call to their transportation center. The caller made a threat that if a specific HRT bus made it onto the Navy base; somebody was going to die.

The bus was able to get onto Navy property but not on the actual base. Officials have stopped the bus at the fleet recreation park and have it contained. Norfolk police, FBI, NCIS, Navy Special Forces Bomb Squad, and other agencies are investigating.

There are reports that there may be a device or explosives on the bus.

Watch WAVY News 10 for more on this breaking new story.
    Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

This is local for me so I'll post the follow-up story.

(AP)-Authorities say a vague threat of killing people on a bus in Norfolk turned out to be a hoax.

Authorities barricaded two buses Thursday morning outside the Norfolk Naval Station after an unidentified caller -- referring to a bus -- warned Norfolk police ... quote ... "A lot of people are going to die."

Norfolk police spokesman Chris Amos says a sweep of the two buses turned up no explosives. The Navy labeled the threat a hoax.

An undetermined number of passengers were removed Thursday morning from the buses, which were heading into the naval base. The buses were diverted so authorities could search them and question passengers.

Police say a caller referred to a Hampton Roads Transit bus and the Navy base Thursday morning and cited the number 936.

Base spokeswoman Jennifer Carl says authorities at the base gate stopped bus Number 936 and another bus that tried to enter the base.

(Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Island Boy
      Roadie
      • May 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
      This is local for me so I'll post the follow-up story.

(AP)-Authorities say a vague threat of killing people on a bus in Norfolk turned out to be a hoax.

Authorities barricaded two buses Thursday morning outside the Norfolk Naval Station after an unidentified caller -- referring to a bus -- warned Norfolk police ... quote ... "A lot of people are going to die."

Norfolk police spokesman Chris Amos says a sweep of the two buses turned up no explosives. The Navy labeled the threat a hoax.

An undetermined number of passengers were removed Thursday morning from the buses, which were heading into the naval base. The buses were diverted so authorities could search them and question passengers.

Police say a caller referred to a Hampton Roads Transit bus and the Navy base Thursday morning and cited the number 936.

Base spokeswoman Jennifer Carl says authorities at the base gate stopped bus Number 936 and another bus that tried to enter the base.

(Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Thanx bro..........Ive been gone all day I was gonna do it when I got home!!!
      Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!

Comment

Working...