PDA

View Full Version : Does terrorism still matter?

Little_Skittles
12-30-2004, 09:48 PM
Terrorism in my opinion is common in this era so does it even matter anymore ? I mean people we cussing and discussing when the next attack is going to be like this is weather we're talking about. I just need opinions people you don't have to debate this, no need for facts or anything like that. Just would like to know your opinion. Thanks Skittles

LoungeMachine
12-30-2004, 09:54 PM
My opinion is you need to stay in school, mind your parents, and don't smoke pot from people you don't know.

Oh yeah,

AND STOP LISTENING TO THAT DAMN MUSIC SO LOUD

As to terrorism, it's as old as mankind itself. Study the word Assasins.

It will ALWAYS be here in some form or another. The people who are telling you there is a "war on terror" are the SAME people who have perpetuated the "war on drugs", and will only be happy while you're scared shitless.

The "war on terror" is fiction.

Little_Skittles
12-30-2004, 10:02 PM
so basically peoples just blowing this outta proportion and lounge machine don't you ever remember being a rebel teen? lol

LoungeMachine
12-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
so basically peoples just blowing this outta proportion

interesting choice of words

LoungeMachine
12-30-2004, 10:10 PM

lounge machine don't you ever remember being a rebel teen? lol

That's the problem, I DO remember:D

I also have 3 kids who are going to be teenagers all in the next 3 years.

And they will be coming of age in a time where people take their shoes off in airports, but our 6,000 miles of coastlines and millions of containers go unchecked.

See, nothing will have happened in those 3 years either.

Ask yourself this: If terrorism was ACTUALLY that important to those in power right now, why would the head of Homeland Security quit after not having one single security strengtening accomplishment.

unless you call his terror paint by numbers idea worthy

Terror level Orange...........wear a sweater:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Little_Skittles
12-30-2004, 10:24 PM
good point. ya know we shouldn't be fighting the terrorists in iraq either right now because IF there is to be another attack on us then our troops should be here defending our country and preventing such attacks not over there (i'm trying to tie this thread in with others on the frontline so yeah). Whaddya think about the lasers ?

LoungeMachine
12-30-2004, 10:30 PM
How ironic that our "National Guard" is being deployed a long fucking way from our nation.

As to the Lasers,

Laser Floyd at the Pacific Science Center was always killer, especially with some good brownies

The line "we're fighting the terrorists OVER THERE so we wont have to fight them OVER HERE is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever told.

FORD
12-30-2004, 11:19 PM
The entire "war on terra" is the biggest bunch of bullshit ever told.

Little_Skittles
12-31-2004, 01:34 AM
better to fight them here on our own territory and have an advantage than over there ya'lls be right this is cowpucky.

FORD
12-31-2004, 01:57 AM
The fact is that the BCE has lied to you. There is no such thing as a "worldwide terra network" called Al Qaeda.

There are terrorists, but most of them are individuals or small groups resorting to desperate measures to deal with local issues. Most of the "terrorist acts" of this decade have been made for TV events created by governments to induce fear and to push a globalist, fascist agenda.

That is the reality and it's damn time everybody wakes up to it.

Ally_Kat
12-31-2004, 02:16 AM
better to fight them here on our own territory and have an advantage than over there ya'lls be right this is cowpucky.

And what if it doesn't give us an advantage? Maybe you'd like to see Kansas become the new Israel, but I'd rather we get them over on their playing field.

FORD
12-31-2004, 02:30 AM
http://hospedagem.infolink.com.br/nostradamus/c06q092.jpg

The Power of Nightmares: 3 Part Series
BBC
Film, 2004

Should we be worried about the threat from organised terrorism or is it simply a phantom menace being used to stop society from falling apart?

In the past our politicians offered us dreams of a better world. Now they promise to protect us from nightmares. The most frightening of these is the threat of an international terror network. But just as the dreams were not true, neither are these nightmares.

Download these, watch them, and stop believing the lies.

part one (http://images.indymedia.org/imc/washingtondc/media/video/2/power_of_nightmares_1_1of3.avi)

part two (http://images.indymedia.org/imc/washingtondc/media/video/3/power_of_nightmares_1_2of3.avi)

part three (http://images.indymedia.org/imc/washingtondc/media/video/4/power_of_nightmares_1_3of3.avi)

ELVIS
12-31-2004, 04:55 AM
Don't put too much weight into what these clowns tell you, Skittles...

They are truly convinced that the sky is falling, and their agenda revolves around getting you (and anyone else they can get to listen) to believe in their doomsday paranoia...

Live your life and be happy...;)

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
12-31-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
And what if it doesn't give us an advantage? Maybe you'd like to see Kansas become the new Israel, but I'd rather we get them over on their playing field.

Oh Ally, my BULLSHIT DETECTOR is going crazy with such a fallacious revisionist myths! We are creating more terrorists in Iraq, not preventing terrorism!

I.E. "We'd should fight the terrorists in Iraq in instead of Main Street USA..."

Was that given as a motivation for invading Iraq in the Run up to War in February of 2003? Bush would have politically had his ass handed to him if he stated that ca ca. The only reason we here such 'Wag the Dog' SPIN bullshit is because of huge policy failures (i.e. no weapons of mass destruction). I'm really sure the Iraqis were about to invade Kansas!

http://www.jokeitem.com/shoppro/images2/rq050.jpg

lms2
12-31-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Best bit of advice I have read so far kiddo.

I wonder though about why you want the war here in the states? Haven't you seen enough pictures of the devastion in Iraq? Do you really want that here?

War is hell. Here or abroad. Innocent people get killed and worse.

You know I have no problem with you seeking opinions, but be careful what you wish for... you just might get it!

BigBadBrian
12-31-2004, 09:15 AM
Liberals.

They hate America.

They suck.

Kill them.

:gun:

LoungeMachine
12-31-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Liberals.

They hate America.

They suck.

Kill them.

Finally, a voice of reason from the right:D

LoungeMachine
12-31-2004, 09:33 AM

They are truly convinced that the sky is falling, and their agenda revolves around getting you (and anyone else they can get to listen) to believe in their doomsday paranoia...

Yes indeed. Listen to ELVIS. EVERYTHING is going swimingly. All according to plan.

You are now safe because we have attacked, destroyed, and occupied Iraq.:rolleyes:

The view is pretty rosey from the basement, eh E?

Got my duct tape and visqueen, and we're on Orange Alert, so no need to worry about a thing:rolleyes:

Besides, it's all a part of "God's plan", and Bush gets his orders DIRECTLY from him, remember?

LoungeMachine
12-31-2004, 11:06 AM

How fucking ironic is this?.........

Gee, E, wasn't it YOU and YOUR administration that went before the nation 2 years ago warning of a "grave and gathering threat"?

Didnt you guys go before the WORLD talking about how we had to attack before we were attacked again?

Didnt you spend the better part of the last 2 years screaming about how we were all doomed if we didnt fight them on their territory?

But now 2 years later, come to find out you were all wrong, and you all misled the world, you say OUR agenda is doomsday paranoia???????????????????????

What a fucking pathetic hypocrite you are. But then you're in the pathetic hypocrite business.

The sky IS falling dumbass. You're just too stupid to see it.

Jesterstar
12-31-2004, 12:38 PM
I didn't know your were mildly not retarded Lounge Machine. Good for you.

LoungeMachine
12-31-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar

See if you can't find your way back to the dump without help, K?:D

Nickdfresh
12-31-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar

Nice sentence! We know YOU are completely retarded. Now go back to mimicing Flappo you less-than-half-wit! This Forum's a little ABOVE you.

ELVIS
12-31-2004, 08:33 PM
Hahahaha...:D

Happy New Year !!

Ally_Kat
01-01-2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Oh Ally, my BULLSHIT DETECTOR is going crazy with such a fallacious revisionist myths! We are creating more terrorists in Iraq, not preventing terrorism!

I.E. "We'd should fight the terrorists in Iraq in instead of Main Street USA..."

Was that given as a motivation for invading Iraq in the Run up to War in February of 2003? Bush would have politically had his ass handed to him if he stated that ca ca. The only reason we here such 'Wag the Dog' SPIN bullshit is because of huge policy failures (i.e. no weapons of mass destruction). I'm really sure the Iraqis were about to invade Kansas!

http://www.jokeitem.com/shoppro/images2/rq050.jpg

So you are telling me that when given the choice of either fighting a war -- any war for any reason -- in your backyard or someone else's that you would risk your own land?

Are you saying that you would rather have all the car bombings happening in Iraq happen here?

I do not believe this continued statement that we are creating more terrorists. It seems to be the latest excuse of why we shouldn't be there and the latest attempt at trying to convince people against the war. The majority of those in Iraq are foreigners from surrounding areas that are there now and are trying to stop progress.

And no, I do not think they were going to invade Kansas. Hell, if we were to fight them entirely here and try to get them only before they attacked again, the last place on Earth they would hit would be Kansas. They would hit someplace where it would really hurt us -- like DC, or New York, or LA, or somewhere else like that. Hitting a corn field isn't exactly their goal. While it might upset the popcorn industry, it won't cause huge damages and/or chaos.

With that in mind, perhaps you would like to play Russian Roulette with such possibilities on our ground, but I would not. We did that in '93 and look where that got us. We didn't go after the bigger guys in charge of that, or the other bomber for that matter, and it all came back to bite us in the ass -- and bigger that time.

So what would have happened if we did nothing following 9/11? Other than Osama and his network, there would have been no one to go after. Those that carried out the hijacks, and thus the events of 9/11, were dead. No one ran off to obtain exile in a random middle eastern country. So, should we have sat on our hands? And then what? Gather intelligence that might or might not lead us to the next attack so far down the road? And if it doesn't reveal the next attack, sit through another 9/11? How many do we have to have before we say enough is enough?

And before you say anything about how Bush didn't prevent any attacks after 9/11 or whatever -- that's not what I'm saying or addressing. I'm saying that if we followed the same logic as in 93, which seemed to have been go after those imediately involved, that we would be left in the same situation. And, looking back at that situation, I don't think that is a way to go. It's also not a situation I want to be in again, as an American citizen, let alone a member of an affected area.

I have not forgotten Osama. Lord knows I haven't. I really and honestly do hope we find and capture the son of a bitch, and soon. In some ways I am glad that the media has seemed to have "forgotten" about him. Not for any other reason than it makes it difficult for him to hear what information is releashed on our position with that. That and it might make him a lil cocky and easier to get a hold of -- if we aren't already following him around now and working on how to get him in our hands. And with Saddam, I am glad he's out of power. Mainly because his fingerprints were all over '93 and I always felt cheated that that was let go. Hopefully we can also find out where the other bomber is hiding before he goes and helps out in any other activities. Call me crazy, but I really don't like having loose strings.

Will what we are doing currently completely wipe out the acts and ideas of terrorism? Nawh, I don't think so. But I do think that it can help lessen the effects and hold that it has over certain events and parts of the world.

DEMON CUNT
01-01-2005, 04:36 AM
Liberals.

They hate America.

They suck.

Kill them.

HATE SPEECH!

FORD
01-01-2005, 04:39 AM
So what's gonna happen when at least some of the Busheep finally realize that they have been HAD?

Civil war?

Revolution?

Will they march against this Fraudmininstration like the rest of the world has done.

It's truly sad that the same crowd has told the same lies for over 30 years (merely changing the names when appropriate, but never the stories) and yet the flock still faithfully worships them.

Nickdfresh
01-01-2005, 10:46 AM
So you are telling me that when given the choice of either fighting a war -- any war for any reason -- in your backyard or someone else's that you would risk your own land? Are you saying that you would rather have all the car bombings happening in Iraq happen here?

Sorry hun', you know I love ya', but you are truly insane if you believe that one. Do you really think Iraqi insurgents would be coming to America to set off roadside bombs on the D.C. Beltway. I seriously doubt it.

I do not believe this continued statement that we are creating more terrorists. It seems to be the latest excuse of why we shouldn't be there and the latest attempt at trying to convince people against the war. The majority of those in Iraq are foreigners from surrounding areas that are there now and are trying to stop progress.

You are wrong! Even the U.S. Military is coming to grips with the fact they are fighting Iraqis with the very small minority of insurgents from foriegn countries.

And no, I do not think they were going to invade Kansas. Hell, if we were to fight them entirely here and try to get them only before they attacked again, the last place on Earth they would hit would be Kansas. They would hit someplace where it would really hurt us -- like DC, or New York, or LA, or somewhere else like that. Hitting a corn field isn't exactly their goal. While it might upset the popcorn industry, it won't cause huge damages and/or chaos.

You are correct, so why is it that the "BLUE" states that are more at risk get LESS when it comes to Homeland Security funding?

With that in mind, perhaps you would like to play Russian Roulette with such possibilities on our ground, but I would not. We did that in '93 and look where that got us. We didn't go after the bigger guys in charge of that, or the other bomber for that matter, and it all came back to bite us in the ass -- and bigger that time.

What makes you think that our invasion of Iraq; our, both intentional and unintentional, contribution to the destruction of it's infastructure will cause more of the Islamic world to hate us. Terrorism is going to happen. You go after the terrorists, not change the focus conflict to encompass NEOCON wanderlust!

We are indeed making more terrorists here, and I have heard in fact that the Iraqis are now looking for ways of attacking us in the USA.

So what would have happened if we did nothing following 9/11? Other than Osama and his network, there would have been no one to go after...

Who said "do nothing?" We invaded Afghanistan, how many countries shall we invade to make ourselves FEEL more secure? There was a heavy dose of faulty logic that went into the Iraqi invasion.

Let us not make one key mistake you seem prone to making, as the adage goes, and I paraphrase: ACTION IS OFTEN THE ILLUSION OF PROGRESS!

...I have not forgotten Osama. Lord knows I haven't. I really and honestly do hope we find and capture the son of a bitch, and soon. In some ways I am glad that the media has seemed to have "forgotten" about him.

The 'Administration' seems to have 'forgotton' about him.

Not for any other reason than it makes it difficult for him to hear what information is releashed on our position with that. That and it might make him a lil cocky and easier to get a hold of -- if we aren't already following him around now and working on how to get him in our hands. And with Saddam, I am glad he's out of power. Mainly because his fingerprints were all over '93 and I always felt cheated that that was let go. Hopefully we can also find out where the other bomber is hiding before he goes and helps out in any other activities. Call me crazy, but I really don't like having loose strings.

We've bombed Saddam plenty of times over the years from 92' to 02.' Even if he was responsible for blasting a garage in the WTC, why him?

Why not go after Iran for killing over 300 Marines in Lebanon in 87?' Or did we forget that Reagon did not live up to his tough guy Hollywood rhetoric.

Will what we are doing currently completely wipe out the acts and ideas of terrorism? Nawh, I don't think so. But I do think that it can help lessen the effects and hold that it has over certain events and parts of the world.

Some people think otherwise, like ex-CIA Agents for example:

LoungeMachine
01-01-2005, 01:20 PM
So you are telling me that when given the choice of either fighting a war -- any war for any reason -- in your backyard or someone else's that you would risk your own land?

Oh for Christ's fucking sake..........

IT'S NOT AN EITHER OR CHOICE

NEVER WAS

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Little_Skittles
01-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Majority of kansas is farmland you do the math ally kat our popcorn industry wouldn't take a hit but your beef, corn, wheat, soybean, and hog industries MIGHT take a hit.

ELVIS
01-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Will they march against this Fraudmininstration like the rest of the world has done.

The world is marching against George Bush ??

Whatever dude...:rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
01-01-2005, 05:09 PM

FORD is drinking too much beer again. So much for the low-carb diet. :D

FORD
01-02-2005, 02:31 AM
FORD is drinking too much beer again. So much for the low-carb diet. :D

Actually, FORD hasn't had a beer in months. You may notice the beercyclopedia thread hasn't been bumped in a while.

And as for the diet, I haven't eaten anything for about a week, so I'm not too concerned with carbs at the moment.

FORD
01-02-2005, 02:35 AM

Everywhere the Idiot Son of an Asshole goes, huge crowds turn out to meet him. But they aren't showing up to welcome him to their country.

When in history has an American "president" ever been told to "go home" in CANADA or the UK??

Our closest allies, and the people can't stand the fucking bastard. Because they know better.

As does anyone not brainwashed by the corporate whore of Babylon media.

BigBadBrian
01-02-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Everywhere the Idiot Son of an Asshole goes,

Clinton didn't have a Son, only an extremely ugly daughter. ;)

Nickdfresh
01-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Clinton didn't have a Son, only an extremely ugly daughter. ;)

Actually she's kind of goodlooking these days. I'd hit it!:
http://www.hossli.com/celebrity/Images/Chelsea%20side.JPG