PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone come up with the earliest VH bootleg.

BITEYOASS
02-04-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm talking pre-Michael Anthony here. I've only been able to get the Cherokee studios from 1973, only 3 songs (Take your whiskey home, A simple rhyme and some other song) were on that one. I once had a VH cover of "Thirty day in the hole" that sounded really old but I lost that one when Napster closed. So if anyone has digged up anything let me know:D

Sarge
02-05-2004, 10:57 AM
This is old.. but not as old as alot of other stuff.
Dave calling into a radio station getting his music played before they had a music contract..
Anyone know what I am referring to?

BITEYOASS
02-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah, Dave was introducing the Gene simmons Demos. Telling about meeting KISS and recording at electric ladyland studios.

FORD
02-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
I'm talking pre-Michael Anthony here. I've only been able to get the Cherokee studios from 1973, only 3 songs (Take your whiskey home, A simple rhyme and some other song) were on that one. I once had a VH cover of "Thirty day in the hole" that sounded really old but I lost that one when Napster closed. So if anyone has digged up anything let me know:D

I'm pretty sure Mikey was on "30 days in the hole" which was from one of the club gigs Gazarri's, I think.

As for the early Mark Stone era stuff, I've heard the same 3 songs that you have, and I probably have them archived somewhere. Never heard anything else from that era, so maybe it was only a 3 song demo?

If they ever fucking release that VH box set, I hope they include these tracks. Would be nice to hear a clean copy of them for once.