PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Army?

rochesterdr
01-02-2005, 01:31 AM
I just got back from Iraq and more importantly just got out of the Army, it sucked, but I did what I had to do. I've definitely formed some opinions on the fucking mess that is OIF, anyone else here a recent vet? I'd imagine there's some Vietnam vets around here. Just curious what the rest of you might have to say.

DrMaddVibe
01-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Did my time received my pay...

My time wasn't all that bad. I knew what I was signing up for and gladly did it.

Welcome back to FLA...I'm over in Tampa.

Nickdfresh
01-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by rochesterdr
I just got back from Iraq and more importantly just got out of the Army, it sucked, but I did what I had to do. I've definitely formed some opinions on the fucking mess that is OIF, anyone else here a recent vet? I'd imagine there's some Vietnam vets around here. Just curious what the rest of you might have to say.

I was in about ten years ago.

BigBadBrian
01-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I was in about ten years ago.

Nick was a latrine scrubber. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Nick was a latrine scrubber. :gulp:

Whatever SQUID! B3 was a cabin boy, Ahoy matey! Scrub those decks poopboy!

Nickdfresh
01-02-2005, 01:37 PM
So BigBadBrian, what made you want to join the Navy?

Where can you find pleasure
Search the world for treasure
Learn science technology
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea
Where can you learn to fly
Play in sports and skin dive
Study oceanography
Sign of for the big band
Or sit in the grandstand
When your team and others meet

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

They want you, they want you
They want BigBadBrian as a new recruit

If you like adventure
Don't you wait to enter
The recruiting office fast
Don't you hesitate
There is no need to wait
They're signing up new seamen fast
Maybe you are too young
To join up today
Bout don't you worry 'bout a thing
For I'm sure there will be
Always a good navy
Protecting the land and sea

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

They want you as a new recruit

Who me?

They want you as a new recruit

But, but but I'm afraid of water.
Hey, hey look
Man, I get seasick even watchin' it on TV!

They want you, they want you in the navy

Oh my goodness.
What am I gonna do in a submarine?

They want you, they want you in the navy

http://www.stars-on-7-inch.com/index_v/village_people/in_the_navy.jpg
Yeah, that's what I thought!

BigBadBrian
01-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Whatever SQUID! B3 was a cabin boy, Ahoy matey! Scrub those decks poopboy!

I scrubbed your old lady's poop deck. :spank:

Nickdfresh
01-02-2005, 02:16 PM
I scrubbed your old lady's poop deck. :spank:
Thanks!

ELVIS
01-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Gross!

DEMON CUNT
01-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Nick was a latrine scrubber.

And BigBlandBrian, the MOERADTE RETARD OF LIBERTY, throws in his two cents!

Really? You are going to insult someone in the service! YOU COMMUNIST!

ELVIS
01-02-2005, 07:41 PM
BigBadBrian served, you idiot!

LoungeMachine
01-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
BigBadBrian served, you idiot!

Fuck off !

ELVIS
01-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Dude, shut the hell up...

LoungeMachine
01-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Dude, shut the hell up...

Dude, fuck the hell off.......

ELVIS
01-02-2005, 09:20 PM
What's your problem, you idiot ??

LoungeMachine
01-02-2005, 09:32 PM
What's your problem, you idiot ??

I have no problems, but thanks for asking.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Gross!

Considering it's where you died, it's quite apropos.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Did my time received my pay...

My time wasn't all that bad. I knew what I was signing up for and gladly did it.

Welcome back to FLA...I'm over in Tampa.

With all sincerety, thanks for serving, Vibe.

Serious question though.
Hypothetical, but serious.

You served your duty, and were honorably discharged. Then YEARS later we find ourselves bogged downn another quagmire, and they call you back as they're doing now.

Do you go gladly, or do you say WTF?

I personally think this "backdoor draft" they're running by recalling people YEARS after serving their duty is insane.

I'd just like to know how you feel, as it doesnt affect me personally.

DrMaddVibe
01-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Having the security clearance that I held...I'd go back in a heartbeat.

I'm trained to the teeth, able bodied and cool under fire. Alas...I am too old. I would gladly take the place of someone much younger than I.

Do I think they have a right to induce or force people back in...no. In my case, I'd go if they called. Going back to civilian life isn't an easy transition and the "lifers" have it the hardest.

LoungeMachine
01-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Bad example I guess.

The stories I'm reading about people who served their full terms, and then built a civilian Life and Fmily, only YEARS later getting involuntarily called back to combat duty is fucked up in my book.

ELVIS
01-03-2005, 12:03 AM
You have a book ??

LoungeMachine
01-03-2005, 12:05 AM
You have a book ??

We didnt mean to pull you away from whatever minor you have in your basement.......

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by BigBlandBrian
I scrubbed your daddy's poop deck.

BBB probably sucked tons o' cock on that lonely, loney boat.

He was sucking rock hard boners to defend our FREEDOM!

God Bless BigBland! Let's all chip in and send him some ChapStick!

http://www.harvardpilgrim.mimrx.com/harvard/SiteImages/PrdImages/200x200/0036600813313.JPG

DrMaddVibe
01-03-2005, 06:50 AM
I'm glad you served...cunt!

BigBadBrian
01-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
BBB probably sucked tons o' cock on that lonely, loney boat.

He was sucking rock hard boners to defend our FREEDOM!

God Bless BigBland! Let's all chip in and send him some ChapStick!

You're probably late for third grade little boy. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Bad example I guess.

The stories I'm reading about people who served their full terms, and then built a civilian Life and Fmily, only YEARS later getting involuntarily called back to combat duty is fucked up in my book.

Officers that did not read the fine print and never officially "resigned their commissions." They were also never told by the Army they could be called back after they End(ed) Term of Service (ETS'd). Some, however, have been called back even though they DID resigned their commissions which IS ILLEGAL! The Army complained one guy's resignation was a "clerical error that never should have been accepted." (on 60 Minutes) He's sewing.

Enlisted have an eight year commitment when signing up. So if you enlist for four years active, you still have to now serve four years in the reserve. So basically, anyone who signed up at the beginning of the Bush administration is fucked.

If you retire as enlisted, then they can call you back legally. But geriatric soldiers having heart-attacks is a little ridiculous. Plus, some of these people have (medical) profiles which prevents them from doing anything, and some were on partial disability! This will hinder combat effectivness.

Keep this in mind young people (i.e. Little Skittles). YOUR RECRUITER WILL LIE TO YOU!

BigBadBrian
01-03-2005, 08:33 AM

Keep this in mind young people (i.e. Little Skittles). YOUR RECRUITER WILL LIE TO YOU!

So it's kinda like jobs in civilian life then, huh? :gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 08:50 AM
So it's kinda like jobs in civilian life then, huh? :gulp:

Yes, but you can quit in civilian life.

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 12:14 PM
You're probably late for third grade little boy.

Funny how a mention of your cock sucking prompts thoughts of third grade boys. Are you a Catholic priest now?

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 12:23 PM

I'm trained to the teeth, able bodied and cool under fire. Alas...I am too old. I would gladly take the place of someone much younger than I.

Do I think they have a right to induce or force people back in...no. In my case, I'd go if they called. Going back to civilian life isn't an easy transition and the "lifers" have it the hardest.

Funniest post ever!

Oh hey! You were just the best of the best weren't you? Is that you that Steven Segal plays in every one of his movies?

You'd go back in a "heartbeat?" Then go! Your country needs every "super-elite-mega-soldier" it has out in the field! Get over there! You have some Halliburton property to protect!

HA HA HA!

http://www.prisma-online.de/image/17/mm6802ea495852a317.jpeg

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by rochesterdr

Poor Rochesterdr is wondering what the fuck happened to his thread.:D

It was FRONTLINED!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Enlisted have an eight year commitment when signing up. So if you enlist for four years active, you still have to now serve four years in the reserve. So basically, anyone who signed up at the beginning of the Bush administration is fucked.

If you retire as enlisted, then they can call you back legally. But geriatric soldiers having heart-attacks is a little ridiculous. Plus, some of these people have (medical) profiles which prevents them from doing anything, and some were on partial disability! This will hinder combat effectivness.

Retired Chief Petty Officer (E-7) here, '83 to '03.... Exactly 20 years and 9 days, thank you very much.... ;)

A few corrections, if I may....

An enlisted person's time after they serve active is called "inactive reserves", unless you specifically designate to remain in the active reserves.... May be knitpicky, but that a helluva lot different than active reserves, a lot of which have been recalled to active duty..... Also, it isn't necessarily four years inactive, in many cases it's two years....

I do agree with the statement if fall under these circumstances while this dingbat's in office, you're fucked.....

And as far as us retirees, for the Navy you go into the "fleet reserves" until your 30 years mark, then get on the "retired" list at that point....

Although I resemble that remark about the heart attacks, it would take something so catastrophic as to recall the vast percenatage of us, it's not even a remote possibility.....

Nickdfresh
01-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Retired Chief Petty Officer (E-7) here, '83 to '03.... Exactly 20 years and 9 days, thank you very much.... ;)

A few corrections, if I may....

An enlisted person's time after they serve active is called "inactive reserves", unless you specifically designate to remain in the active reserves.... May be knitpicky, but that a helluva lot different than active reserves, a lot of which have been recalled to active duty..... Also, it isn't necessarily four years inactive, in many cases it's two years....

You may be correct, but I think that may have changed for the Army. I know I was kept in the Reserves for three years after entering under the impression I could leave if I hated it (which I did) after one year. They made me stay the whole term of my "inactive service." When I ETS'd, I was the Reenlistment NCO for my unit and I told them to pound salt when they told me it was time for me to reenlist.

I do agree with the statement if fall under these circumstances while this dingbat's in office, you're fucked.....

And as far as us retirees, for the Navy you go into the "fleet reserves" until your 30 years mark, then get on the "retired" list at that point....

Or until that draft is reinstituted. I honestly think this will happen, or you will see near rebellion in the Armed Forces in a few years.

Although I resemble that remark about the heart attacks, it would take something so catastrophic as to recall the vast percenatage of us, it's not even a remote possibility.....

But the Army is in a different position since they are on the ground. A larger and larger number of older soldiers are being reactivated. Some are nearly crippled and have extensive profiles.

Nickdfresh
09-14-2006, 02:40 PM

http://www.nova.cz/mash/images/gallery/burns/001.jpg
The most unintentionally funny post ever!:D

BTW MaddKilla, you can go back now. With your prior service, the 42-year-old(+ years of service waiver) cut off will be a cinch.

FORD
09-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Poor Rochesterdr is wondering what the fuck happened to his thread.:D

It was FRONTLINED!

I did notice that he never came back to the thread. Can't say that I blame him.