Cato
02-05-2004, 05:55 AM
just wanted to say that. never mind...

Cato
02-05-2004, 06:13 AM
I'm bored now.

Cato
02-05-2004, 06:15 AM
I'm a turd who sold an old tele custom to buy a HDD/DVD recorder.

Cato
02-05-2004, 06:17 AM
no. it's Floyd Rose.

BrownSound1
02-06-2004, 05:09 PM
Floyd Rose's are the BEST. I've heard lots of people complain that they are a pain in the ass, but I have never had one problem out of them. Seriously, what is so "bad" about them? Hell, they stay in tune better than anything out, so what's the problem?

pongracj
02-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Hey Guys

I most say that I am not a fan of Floyd Rose dont get me wronge they are well made but there are better systems, I would stick the Kehlers.

Jason

rock TILL you DROP

pongracj
02-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Kehler Bridge

alexpgrimes
02-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Cato
I'm a turd who sold an old tele custom to buy a HDD/DVD recorder. Were you fucking stoned man??? :confused:

Panamark
02-12-2004, 07:01 AM
Ive got a Kahler on my old destroyer and its great. Takes a good bashing and mostly stays in tune. Ive used both the Floyd Rose and
Kahlers. I like both systems.

Cathedral
02-12-2004, 09:51 AM
My Charvels have Kahler's and i am quite pleased with them. The only thing i hate is it goes out of tune if a string pops. But i have only broken a string 3 or 4 times while playing live in the last 20 years.

I had a Floyd a few years back and had a hard time keeping it adjusted properly.
You have to really know how to keep it in tip top shape which Brownsound1 seems to have under control.

It just made me feel stupid, lol.

Mr Grimsdale
02-12-2004, 06:02 PM
don't worry, eyes feels that way from the moment he wakes up until the moment he falls asleep

BrownSound1
02-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
My Charvels have Kahler's and i am quite pleased with them. The only thing i hate is it goes out of tune if a string pops. But i have only broken a string 3 or 4 times while playing live in the last 20 years.

I had a Floyd a few years back and had a hard time keeping it adjusted properly.
You have to really know how to keep it in tip top shape which Brownsound1 seems to have under control.

It just made me feel stupid, lol.

LOL Cat. I really have never had any problem with a Floyd though. I guess the biggest "pain" with a Floyd is setting the intonation, because it isn't as easy as turning a screw with a screwdriver. I will say one thing about a Kahler that I like.....they "look" cool. Especially the ones that had the main whammy arm and the little palm arm attachment on the middle of the cam. The old Kahler Flyer whammy sucked dick though.

Anyone remember the old Washburn Wonderbar?

genesius1
02-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Sorr, posted in the wrong forum. You guys need a delete button. ( trash this post )

Mr Grimsdale
02-26-2004, 01:00 AM
it's just that sort of post that i base my career on

george
02-26-2004, 04:34 PM
I don't use a Floyd Anymore...

bukowsky
03-05-2004, 08:13 AM
I have two guitars with the Ibanez Low Pro Edge (I think its the best Floyd) on it and they are kickin ass. Even the fact they're not cheap they are the best vibratos for rock/metall IMHO

I also love my Wilkinson with roller nuts and Sperzel mechanics instead of a locking nut. Fat bottom tone and very good as a down-vibrato for Blues/Rock ...

GAR
04-02-2004, 06:12 PM
So he gets a Telecaster Custom for $450 then sells it to buy a DVD drive?

Some player you turned out to be: must be why you plagiarize other peoples shit instead of being into your own trip, and writing your own songs.

Fecund yellow cunt...

GAR
04-07-2004, 01:55 PM
The old Ibanez Roadstar2 tremelo from 1983 was a trem that was out for 2 or 3 years, allowed the bridge to float on 2 studs - and now look how Fender's copying that!

Fender destroyed about 300,000 worth of Floyd Original tremolos for scrap a few years back which was a shame. I like any trem bridge that works well, and can really setup the Floyd to function like smoothly oiled vagina.. but my preference is still the original Fender bridge with the 6 mounting screws.

BrownSound1
04-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Didn't the American Standard Strat have just a two stud tremolo? I'm talking like 1987ish in years.

GAR
04-10-2004, 04:00 AM
Back in the eighties when the trem makers were duking it out for supremacy on the market, Fender came out with this stupid piece of shit which was a take-off of Schecter's two-pins fulcrum piece of shit.

Schecter's actually worked though. Fender's required this extremely heavily weighted nutlock which sucked because it had this convex type of curve supposedly mated to the headstock concave dip before that nut trussrod which always seemed to rock back and forth no matter what you did to secure it down because the angle to the strings was wrong. Plus, being supplied with mounting screws with the retention force of tiny brad dollhouse type nails, theyd pull and and you may as well not have the locking nut from the Fender twopins fulcrum system at all

Schecter's design was to have piece of eighth inch square brass flatstock bar mounted over the six screws holes of the original Fender trem, to which had two conical holes drilled in the sides which the bridge rode against. I liked it, but restringing it was a pain and I don't recall for sure but I think you didn't have to cut the ballends off it - but it would fall into the cavity or out of the pinblock real easy. The block stayed in from stringpull pressure alone.

Fender didn't get it at all, and their machining tolerances were a joke. Schechter was in Van Nuys at the time - they did it all by hand right there. if their bridge parts were shitty, it wouldn't go out

Mr Grimsdale
04-12-2004, 05:04 PM
PIGS IN KNICKERS!