PDA

View Full Version : Steven Tyler solo album

Alex Mogilny
01-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Steven Tyler is making a "solo" (read, Desmond Child) album.
What do you wanna bet it sounds just like all that pussy shit Aerosmith has been putting out for years?

FORD
01-03-2005, 02:16 AM
His first solo album "Rock in a Hard Place" (1981) really sucked, but it will probably seem like a masterpiece compared to the crap that will be on this one. I'm sure Michael Bolton wrote a great single for him. :rolleyes:

twonabomber
01-03-2005, 02:22 AM
the Steven Tyler Project?

Rikk
01-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by FORD
His first solo album "Rock in a Hard Place" (1981) really sucked.

Hell no. I really like that album. JAILBAIT, BITCHES BREW, BOLIVIAN RAGAMUFFIN and other tracks are really excellent. It's no TOYS IN THE ATTIC, but it's pretty damn good.

NIGHT IN THE RUTS is even better.

FORD
01-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Well, at least Night in the Rutz was actually Aerosmith.

And I don't think they'll ever top "Toys in the Attic"

VHII
01-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Rock in a Hard Place was a hell of an album

tydhurst
01-04-2005, 08:21 PM
I liked Rock in a hard place. I reckon that Steven Tyler's album will be full of crappy Ballads and Joe Perry's Solo album will be hard rock (albiet with shit lyrics)

VHII
01-07-2005, 11:23 PM
instead they should make a new aerosmith record

Chaz Rock City
01-12-2005, 02:02 AM
Aerosmith are dead to me. I lost all respect for them when they did that Super Bowl Halftime Show with Nsync. I saw them tour with Kiss, and Kiss handed them their heads!! It was almost as bad as what Diamond Dave did to Hager in 02

Jérôme Frenchise
01-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I wouldn't "cut hair in halves" about Aerosmith, as there aren't many bands that can rival them. They're number 2 in my personal top ranking, after Great Diamond's VH, of course.
Their first albums were gggreat; they came back with honour in the 80s, but the 90s records, even though they contain a few la-la-la fag songs, include some ass-kickers like "F.I.N.E", "Eat the rich", "Get a grip", "Crash", among others. I know that doesn't make a big load, but well, we have the "skip" keys.
The "Rocks" album (my favourite) is far away now, for sure, but I don't think they have become that stinking band you speak about.

As for Tyler's solo, I believe Aero has always been his thing, more or less, despite Perry and great Hamilton's wizard's skills.
Anyway, as you all, I wonder what the queer additional songwriters are for...

Jérôme Frenchise
01-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
[/B]

Golly! What a fine cutie... Well, I would shave all my hair and smoke them for an overnight rodeo with her.
Hats off to Rikk!

jojo2371
01-12-2005, 01:28 PM
true chaz i saw them in maryland ,and kiss stole the show !
plus i have no interest in a tyler solo album more than likely it will sound like the 4th or 5th remake of pump if desmond child is involved!

VHII
01-12-2005, 09:56 PM
i saw them and Aerosmith took the show hands down at MSG