PDA

View Full Version : Bush's approval ratings sag despite decisive re-election

Steve Savicki
01-03-2005, 11:41 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/sfl-abushpolls29dec29,0,4664968.story?coll=sfla-news-nationworld

Bush's approval ratings sag despite decisive re-election

By Peter Wallsten
Los Angeles Times
Posted December 29 2004

WASHINGTON · Despite a clear-cut re-election and the prospect of lasting GOP dominance in Congress, President Bush prepares to kick off his second term with the lowest approval ratings of any just-elected sitting president in a half-century, according to a series of surveys.

That distinction, which analysts blame on public discontent over the war in Iraq, emerges as Bush begins drafting two major speeches that could recast his image: an inaugural address Jan. 20 and the State of the Union days later. Between them is the Jan. 30 election in Iraq, another milestone that could affect public impressions of Bush.

His performance in those speeches and the outcome of the Iraqi vote could determine whether Bush regains the momentum of his Nov. 2 election victory in time to push through controversial initiatives such as revamping Social Security, rewriting the tax code, limiting lawsuits and trimming the budget deficit, analysts said.

A new Gallup survey conducted for CNN and USA Today puts Bush's approval rating at 49 percent -- close to his pre-election numbers. That's 10 to 20 percentage points lower than every elected sitting president at this stage since World War II, according to Gallup, which has been tabulating such data since Harry Truman won a full term in 1948.

Bush's Gallup rating echoed a survey published last week by ABC News and The Washington Post, which put his approval rating at 48 percent. That poll also found that 56 percent of Americans said the Iraq war was not worth fighting. Time magazine put Bush's overall approval at 49 percent.

"The question is, what happened to the honeymoon?" said Frank Newport, editor of the Gallup survey.

Unlike other re-elected presidents, who cruised toward inaugural festivities on a tide of growing public support, Bush has had to somberly respond to mounting U.S. casualties in Iraq. Last week, he made a rare concession that, "No question about it, the bombers are having an effect."

Steve -Inaugeration day isn't even here yet and it hurts knowing the people who voted him in, now want him out!

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 12:10 PM
That "popping" sound you hear in the distance are all of the "values" voters pulling thier heads out of their asses!

Too bad it wasn't a couple months ago!

Steve Savicki
01-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah, and to think they made a decision we all have to live with for 4 more years... :(

Is it 2009 yet?

DLR7884
01-03-2005, 12:54 PM
You homos, if you don't fucking like it here in the USA, you are more than welcome to leave.

DLR7884
Go hug a fucking tree, you liberal faggots.

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
You homos, if you don't fucking like it here in the USA, you are more than welcome to leave.

DLR7884

Jesus Christ!!! Can't you conservative dummies come up with something better than the very old "If you hate America so much..." bullshit?

How about participating in the conversation. Any thougts on Bush's sagging aproval ratings?

DLR7884
01-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Jesus Christ!!! Can't you conservative dummies come up with something better than the very old "If you hate America so much..." bullshit?

How about participating in the conversation. Any thougts on Bush's sagging aproval ratings?

They'll go up and down the next four years, what's the point of discussing it?

I hate this fucking form because of whiney bitches like you two....don't have have anything better to do than complain?

DLR7884
I'll bet neither of you even fucking voted.

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 01:47 PM

DLR7884

Thanks DLR7884 for the insightful commentary! Wayne L.'d be proud!

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Thanks DLR7884 for the insightful commentary! Wayne L.'d be proud!

Yep, fucking dumb ass fascists like DLR7884 are the very reason why America is in the state that it is. Rescession, war, deficit spending, record profits for war profiteers.

Dumb douchebags like DLR7884 lack the ability to evaluate information. Give them a slogan and a flag decal and they think they are getting political.

I really love how she accuses us of not voting. These conservative dummies are hilarious!

DLR7884
01-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Yep, fucking dumb ass fascists like DLR7884 are the very reason why America is in the state that it is. Rescession, war, deficit spending, record profits for war profiteers.

Facist? Is that the word of the month for you hippie ass fags in here?

Dumb douchebags like DLR7884 lack the ability to evaluate information. Give them a slogan and a flag decal and they think they are getting political.

Give assclowns like you a political forum on a rock n' roll site and you think that you are some sort of UN Ambassador....

I really love how she accuses us of not voting. These conservative dummies are hilarious!

I'm a guy and my dick's bigger that your liberal head.

DLR7884
I'll say it again....if you don't like it here, you are welcome to leave.

blueturk
01-03-2005, 02:11 PM

DLR7884

How fitting that DLR7884 would paraphrase the old "America-Love It Or Leave It" slogan that was very popular with conservatives during the '60's when we were in another war....

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 02:15 PM
DLR7884 is a typical simple minded conservative. Please remember her in your prayers!

aesop
01-03-2005, 02:15 PM
They'll go up and down the next four years, what's the point of discussing it?

I hate this fucking form because of whiney bitches like you two....don't have have anything better to do than complain?

DLR7884
I'll bet neither of you even fucking voted.

LOL At least we can watch them whine and sulk for 4 more years...

...It can be very entertaining watching UN Peacekeeper Tryout regects try to constantly find some scant sliver of bad news to keep them hanging on...

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
How fitting that DLR7884 would paraphrase the old "America-Love It Or Leave It" slogan that was very popular with conservatives during the '60's when we were in another war....

Those who do not learn from the past are not paying attention!

DLR7884
01-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
How fitting that DLR7884 would paraphrase the old "America-Love It Or Leave It" slogan that was very popular with conservatives during another war in the '60's.....

How fitting that I told you the Saints would beat the Panthers two weeks ago.

How gay that all you all can do is bitch and moan about how John Kerry didn't win and that you won't be until 2009.....what do any of us care about your not being happy? The right guy won, the wrong guy lost. End of story.

Who cares what his approval ratings say? The people who participate in those polls are the same morons who watch reality TV.

DLR7884
I'm not sorry that you are upset, and shut up.

ELVIS
01-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Stupid baby ??

Is that how liberals justify abortion ??

ODShowtime
01-03-2005, 02:30 PM
DLR7884
I'll say it again....if you don't like it here, you are welcome to leave.

I guess we could say the same to you with regards to Frontline since you've made it clear you hate this forum and most of the people in it.

ODShowtime
01-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Stupid baby ??

WOW, you managed more than one whole sentence there! Work your way up to some paragraphs when you get a chance.

LoungeMachine
01-03-2005, 02:34 PM

How gay that all you all can do is bitch and moan about how John Kerry didn't win and that you won't be until 2009.....what do any of us care about your not being happy? The right guy won, the wrong guy lost. End of story.

Who cares what his approval ratings say? The people who participate in those polls are the same morons who watch reality TV.

DLR7884
I'm not sorry that you are upset, and shut up.

Joe Thunder, is that you?:rolleyes:

Moron

BigBadBrian

Yeah. I won't vote for him next time. ;)

DEMON CUNT
Originally posted by aesop

...It can be very entertaining watching UN Peacekeeper Tryout regects try to constantly find some scant sliver of bad news to keep them hanging on...

These sociapathic neocons think that the slaughter of 21 soldiers (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/01/02/iraq.main/index.html) is just "some scant sliver of bad news." How weird!

LoungeMachine
01-03-2005, 02:35 PM

DLR7884

And if you dont like this thread, you are more than welcome to leave it, Mensa

LoungeMachine
01-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Stupid baby ??

We justify abortion everytime YOU open your mouth.

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by aesop

Actually, I'm sort of laughing right now. It's very funny except it is also very sad!

LoungeMachine
01-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yeah. I won't vote for him next time. ;)

You can do better;)

ELVIS
01-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
WOW, you managed more than one whole sentence there! Work your way up to some paragraphs when you get a chance.

I'm not impressed by long winded wordyness...

LoungeMachine
01-03-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm not impressed by long winded wordyness...

wordyness?

No child left behind indeed.:rolleyes:

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
We justify abortion everytime YOU open your mouth.

LOL!

ELVIS
01-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Happy new Year to you homos...

LoungeMachine
01-03-2005, 02:49 PM

So, anyone who can't stand you is a homo?

Pretty funny coming from a church basement.

ODShowtime
01-03-2005, 02:52 PM

Did you leave a couple IQ points behind with the 'rents this Christmas or what? Man, what worthless responses from you lately.

LoungeMachine
01-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Did you leave a couple IQ points behind with the 'rents this Christmas or what? Man, what worthless responses from you lately.

Lately?

ODShowtime
01-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Well, big E was never the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he has posted nothing but "shut ups" and "you sucks" for about a month. It's just pretty worthless if you ask me. Maybe he enjoys it.

I'm sayin' though, cons or pubs or whatever need to get on the ball here. We have it too easy with just BBB and other assorted morons.

Steve Savicki
01-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Man, what worthless responses from you lately.
And to think all I did was post an article that stated the facts.

BigBadBrian
01-03-2005, 03:01 PM
You can do better;)

I thought that was a very clever response. :D

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, big E was never the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he has posted nothing but "shut ups" and "you sucks" for about a month. It's just pretty worthless if you ask me. Maybe he enjoys it.

I'm sayin' though, cons or pubs or whatever need to get on the ball here. We have it too easy with just BBB and other assorted morons.

We've been ruling this Joint, even Ford doesn't chip in much 'cause it's so easy lately!

Where's Lucky Wilbury? I need to get bitch-slapped, I'm getting too cocky and complacent!

DLR7884
01-03-2005, 03:10 PM
I guess we could say the same to you with regards to Frontline since you've made it clear you hate this forum and most of the people in it.

You are right, I guess I really don't like any of you whiners.

Go fuck yourselves, and find something better to do with your time than complain about things that you cannot fix.

DLR7884
Life's a bitch, get used to it.

LoungeMachine
01-03-2005, 03:26 PM
You are right, I guess I really don't like any of you whiners.

Go fuck yourselves, and find something better to do with your time than complain about things that you cannot fix.

DLR7884
Life's a bitch, get used to it.

How it must SUCK to be you.

Steve Savicki
01-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Where's Lucky Wilbury? I need to get bitch-slapped, I'm getting too cocky and complacent!

Yeah, I haven't seen Lucky in awhile.
He was top thread starter here.

DLR7884
01-03-2005, 03:32 PM
How it must SUCK to be you.

Doesn't suck at all.

It must really suck to be such a bitch and post rants and raves about politics on a David Lee Roth website.

DLR7884
Read that sentence to yourself again........you'll get the point.

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 03:37 PM

It must really suck to be such a bitch and post rants and raves about politics on a David Lee Roth website.

Then why are you doing it, you dummy?

FORD
01-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Yeah, I haven't seen Lucky in awhile.
He was top thread starter here.

Rumor is that Agent Zimmerman has been called away on another assignment. He's now spying on the hippies over at the Bob Dylan board.

DLR7884
01-03-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm not ranting and raving about politics at all.

I'm just setting you blue collar pieces of shit straight.

DLR7884
Are you a minority?

ODShowtime
01-03-2005, 03:58 PM
You are right

It's cathartic, like takin' a big DUMP.

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm not ranting and raving about politics at all.

I'm just setting you blue collar pieces of shit straight.

DLR7884
Are you a minority?

So you are just ranting and raving about nothing? You aren't setting anyone straight.

DLR7884
01-03-2005, 04:01 PM
You aren't setting anyone straight.

You are right, I'm not.

I hate this gay ass fucking forum, I should probably just keep out of here.

You can't teach a liberal, hippie, blue collar dogs new tricks.

DLR7884
I guess.

ODShowtime
01-03-2005, 04:01 PM
geeze, you're right nick. There's all kinds of bums in here today.

DLR7884
01-03-2005, 04:08 PM
FUCK OFF OD.....YOU ARE ONE OF THE BLUE COLLAR PIECES OF SHIT I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

WHAT PART OF PA ARE YOU FROM?

DLR7884
PEOPLE FROM PA'S ORAL HYGEINE IS EQUAL TO THAT OF A EUROPEAN.

ODShowtime
01-03-2005, 04:19 PM
FUCK OFF OD.....YOU ARE ONE OF THE BLUE COLLAR PIECES OF SHIT I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

I was referring to the bums from the links all up in here, but since you insist I'll consider you a bum too.

WHAT PART OF PA ARE YOU FROM?

DLR7884
PEOPLE FROM PA'S ORAL HYGEINE IS EQUAL TO THAT OF A EUROPEAN.

South Central yo. Maybe the Amish don't brush and floss like they're supposed to, but I've never heard anything else about PA oral hygiene. I have nice teeth myself.

Steve Savicki
01-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Maybe the Amish don't brush and floss like they're supposed to, but I've never heard anything else about PA oral hygiene.
Umm, what did I miss here?

Nickdfresh
01-03-2005, 05:04 PM
You are right, I'm not.

I hate this gay ass fucking forum, I should probably just keep out of here.

You can't teach a liberal, hippie, blue collar dogs new tricks.

DLR7884
I guess.

You can't. But I think you and Kristy would make a lovely couple though.

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 05:34 PM
YOU ARE ONE OF THE BLUE COLLAR PIECES OF SHIT I'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

Blue collar? What are you a Kennedy? Do you even know what blue collar (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=blue-collar&r=67) means?

DLR'sCock
01-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Stupid baby ??

no, but you are a pretty damn good reason...oh wait a minute, that still adds up to stupid baby...

ELVIS
01-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Lame...:rolleyes:

FORD
01-04-2005, 12:07 AM
About as lame as bringing abortion into a thread about Junior's numbers sinking like a rock.

blueturk
01-04-2005, 12:37 AM

Who the hell said anything about Kerry, you fucking idiot? What's wrong,you couldn't come up with a clever comeback so you used a generic response?
As for the Saints,it's easy to run that fucking mouth now,but you were scared to bet on them before the game,so shut the fuck up.

DLR7884

vhrightnow
01-04-2005, 01:54 PM
nobody asked me how he is doing :)

Steve Savicki
01-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by FORD
About as lame as bringing abortion into a thread about Junior's numbers sinking like a rock.
A rock? More like a boat anchor strong enough to sink the Titanic!