PDA

View Full Version : No Smith or Urban in Utah???

Island Boy
01-03-2005, 02:35 PM
We know about Urban but is Smith gonna turn pro too??

Report: Smith will enter NFL Draft

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3292866

Utah already lost its coach. Now the program is losing the quarterback that helped deliver a perfect regular season and a Fiesta Bowl win.

According to reports in the Salt Lake Tribune and KSTU Ch. 13 in Salt Lake, quarterback Alex Smith will forego his final year of eligibility and make himself available in April's NFL Draft.

Smith's father would not confirm the report, but said his son would announce his decision either Monday or Tuesday. The elder Smith also said the Utah quarterback would meet with the team's coaches on Monday, presumably to inform him of his decision.

KSTU also reported the move Sunday night ... and apparently, the channel is in a position to know. Anchor Megan West is engaged to former Utah quarterbacks coach Dan Mullen, who coached Smith the past two years.

Smith threw for 2,952 yards and 32 touchdowns while helping direct the Utes to a 12-0 record and the first BCS bowl appearance by a team from a non-BCS conference. He topped the season with 327 yards and four touchdowns in a 35-7 rout of Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl.

In two years as a starter, Smith compiled a 21-1 record. This year, he finished fourth in the Heisman voting behind USC's Matt Leinart and Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson and Jason White.

It's the second big defection for the Utes, who earlier this year learned that head coach Urban Meyer would be leaving the team to take the head coaching job at the University of Florida.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-03-2005, 08:28 PM
I was pretty impressed with Smith vs. Pitt....

Having said that, I don't think he has a future in the NFL IMO....

I see him and I see Eric Crouch....

Island Boy
01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I was pretty impressed with Smith vs. Pitt....

Having said that, I don't think he has a future in the NFL IMO....

I see him and I see Eric Crouch....

Oh no way would I put him in the same sentence as that A$$ clown!!!

He may not be a star......but he will at least be a solid backup if not more.

MAX
01-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Well,

Thanks to Urban Meyer for bringing my alma mater an undefeated season!!! The best of luck to him in Florida. A great coach and a stellar guy. His wife taught classes at my wife's gym. She was supposedly a class act.

Island Boy
01-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Happy B-Day Max!!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
01-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by joe23602
Oh no way would I put him in the same sentence as that A$$ clown!!!

He may not be a star......but he will at least be a solid backup if not more.

OK, I stand corrected.... He'll be one of the best clipboard holders in the NFL !!!

Just kiddin', you may very well be right....