PDA

View Full Version : Joe Lieberman

Steve Savicki
01-03-2005, 02:57 PM
http://cbsnewyork.com/topstories/topstories_story_003075031.html

Lieberman Shows No Interest In Cabinet Post
Was Mentioned As Possible National Intelligence Director

Jan 3, 2005 7:48 am US/Eastern
WASHINGTON (AP) Democratic Sen. Joe Lieberman said Sunday he is not interested in becoming President Bush's national intelligence director or homeland security chief, shooting down speculation he might be under consideration for those jobs.

"I'm not. I appreciate the floating. It's a quadrennial game here in Washington when a new administration takes shape," Lieberman told ABC's "This Week."

Lieberman, who was the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 2000, was a leading congressional negotiator in writing the law that created a national intelligence director.

Bush also needs to replace Tom Ridge, who is leaving the job of homeland security secretary. Bush's first choice, former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, withdrew in controversy.

"I do have some fundamental agreements with President Bush on America's foreign policy, and I want to give bipartisan support to those elements of the foreign policy, like what we're doing in Iraq today," said Lieberman, D-Conn. "But I think I can do it better in the United States Senate."

(© 2004 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )

<center>http://images.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_343075306/lg</center>

BigBadBrian
01-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Interesting post, Steve, but what is your point? :confused:

Steve Savicki
01-03-2005, 03:27 PM
AHh, had to get back to work- but can break for a few moments.

Point was:

#1 - I didn't know he was still in the politcal game.

#2 - He needs to make up his mind - Is he a Demo, a Repub, or forming his own party -

Democan or Republicrat?

FORD
01-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Holy Joe is only slightly more of a Democrat than Zell Miller. At least Zell retired.

DEMON CUNT
01-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Interesting post, Steve, but what is your point?

The very KING of bandwidth-sucking-copy-paste-articles asks for a point?

Joe is GW's and Gore's "favorite democrat" and he spends a lot of time craoking like a frog but saying nothing.