PDA

View Full Version : Will the Eagles choke?

Bob_R
01-04-2005, 09:20 AM
It's a good possibility. Andy Reid fucked up by not playing his starters for at least a decent amount of time their last two games.

Look at what Belichik did with his team. The Pats are going to be very sharp. Brady played just about three quarters on Sunday.

Only two teams have ever made the Super Bowl when they lost their last two regular season games.

BTW, McNabb is very overrated.

jojo2371
01-04-2005, 07:18 PM
first off im a skins fan lol so i dont care much for the eagles ,but sadly i read somewhere that 80% of their starters will be back next year,they have 12 draft picks coming up and they r almost 10 million under the cap so regardless if they choke this year again more than likely they will be back and yes mcnabb is overrated

Lou
01-04-2005, 08:07 PM
I bet you'll take McNabb any day of the SHIT QB's you guys got! HAHAHAHAHA!

Eli Manning. Chad Pennington. Patrick Ramsey. BWHAHAHAHAHA! You'll NEVER get anywhere with those stiffs!

For the record, the Eagles are going to the Bowl despite having no TO. I don't think they'll win, but they wouldn't be favored even with TO. They will go to the Bowl this year.

Lou
01-04-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm gonna run down every team and we'll see how "overrated" McNabb is. Is McNabb better than:

Giants--Manning YES (at least right now)
Redskins--Ramsey HELL YES
Cowboys--Testaverde HELL YES

Packers--Favre As of right now, YES. Don't tell me you want a thirtysomething, washed up Favre over McNabb right now.
Chicago--??? YES
Vikings--Culpepper . Debatable. I think Culpepper has better skills but he's never won a single playoff game.
Lions--Harrington YES

Falcons--Vick. Debatable. Vick still has to improve as a passer.
Panthers--Delhomme YES. Delhomme is good but McNabb is better. Delhomme can't singlehandedly win a game like McNabb can.
Saints--Brooks YES
Tampa--Griese YES

St. Louis--Bulger YES
San Fran--??? YES
Seattle--Hasselbeck YES. Hasselbeck isn't bad but McNabb is better.
Arizona--McCown YES

Buffalo--Bledsoe YES
Miami--Feeley YES
New England--Brady NO. Donovan is more athletic but Brady just has something about him.
Jets--Pennington YES

Cleveland--Garcia YES
Pittsburgh--Roethlisberger. Right now he's better but Roeth has a ton of upside.
Cincy--Palmer. YES (at least right now)
Baltimore--Boller YES.

Jacksonville--Leftwich YES
Indy--Manning NO
Tennessee--McNair/Volek YES, McNair is kinda done and Volek is unproven
Houston--Carr YES, Carr still hasn't proven himself yet

Denver--Plummer YES
Kansas City--Green YES
San Diego--Brees. Brees looked really good this year but he hasn't proven anything yet.
Oakland--??? YES

So I think there's only two players in the league you can really say are BETTER than McNabb, as of THIS SECOND--Manning and Brady.

light 'em up!
01-04-2005, 08:29 PM
The Eagles will choke my friend. It's tradition.

light 'em up!
01-04-2005, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Philly-Indy Super Bowl, but I'm picking the Rams and the Steelers. I know... I'm on drugs.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I really don't know if I can say if they'll choke, even though I'd LOVE to say yes....

And that's because the rest of the NFC is so damn mediocre....

They're team now without T.O. is pretty much like last year's, so I wouldn't be surprised if they win the NFC....

Lou
01-04-2005, 11:41 PM
I really challenge anyone to tell me that as of this second, there are any quarterbacks that are HANDS DOWN better than Donovan McNabb, besides Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. And I don't mean more athletic like Vick or more accurate like Culpepper, I mean someone you can truly say you'd rather have leading your team right now in the playoffs over Donovan.

And don't give me Brett Favre. Surely no one thinks that right now he's even close to being a top 10 QB in the NFL at this stage of his career.

ALinChainz
01-05-2005, 12:03 AM
He was 10th in the NFL in rating at 92.4, with Griese ranked 6th, and he only played in 11 games. Finished 4th in TD passes with 30, his 8th (twice as many as Marino). Fifth in yards, his fourth season over 4000, and first in 5 seasons.

He brought the Pack to the North title after Minnesota had it all but sewn up, 2 game winning FG drives in those games.

I hate to say it, but in my opinion, he is still a top ten QB in the NFL today. His bad games maybe becoming a little more frequent, but he has a ring, and McNabb doesn't, and has a few shots of getting there.

aesop
01-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Eagles will choke...They mailed in the last two games...

...You can't just turn it on and off at will...And look at the % of their total points TO scored. I can't remember off-hand, but it's like 60%+ i think...

They're toast...

EbDawson
01-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Andy Reid fucked up by not playing his starters for at least a decent amount of time their last two games.

Look at what Belichik did with his team. The Pats are going to be very sharp. Brady played just about three quarters on Sunday.

No Eagle fan but I agree with resting the starters. If there's no improving on your seeding then you may as well rest at least some of the starters. McNabb getting at extra 15-30 snaps in a game at this stage of his career isn't going to help his playoff perfomance.

And unless Favre has his best game of the year, I don't see anyone in the NFC who can beat Philly. It's a down year in the NFC, we just have to live with it.

redblkwht
01-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Dont ask me why, i see T.O. coming back early...
dont count them out yet.
PHILLY/INDY Big Dance?
PHILLY/STILLERS? thats what i see..

Atlanta needs a RB to compliment Vick,
it aint happening there, yet..
those 2 teams are the only worthy to make it IMO, NFC
GB may be a Sleeper, never know.
cant wait to watch the playoffs entirely..1st
time in years..lol ;)

BigBadBrian
01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Lou

And don't give me Brett Favre. Surely no one thinks that right now he's even close to being a top 10 QB in the NFL at this stage of his career.

I do.

Donavan McNabb can't close the deal. He doesn't have it in him.

The Packer's D sucks this year though. :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Sorry,
wrong room....

I thought this thread was about Glenn Frey and Don Henley,,,,,,,

BTW, my SeaHAGS WILL choke.

eventually.

Buh Bye Mike Holmgren

DLR7884
01-05-2005, 04:33 PM
I hate Donovan McNabb.

DLR7884
He isn't that good. (LOL, just trying to shake you up Lou!)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Lou
I really challenge anyone to tell me that as of this second, there are any quarterbacks that are HANDS DOWN better than Donovan McNabb, besides Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. And I don't mean more athletic like Vick or more accurate like Culpepper, I mean someone you can truly say you'd rather have leading your team right now in the playoffs over Donovan.

Sure he's a very good QB.... I'll give him that....

The point is Lou, it doesn't matter that's he's a good quarterback, HE HAS NO WEAPONS NOW.....

Alligator-arms Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell ??

By the way, a certain 22 year old rookie had a higher QB rating than Mcnabb also....Just stating facts.....

And some would say that having that rookie lead your team would be just as good.... I wouldn't go that far yet, but what else do you need ??

ALinChainz
01-05-2005, 08:29 PM
They are going to be crowded up at line for sure, begging the Eagles to throw deep. Westbrook is going to have to come up HUGE in my opinion.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Probably have one LB be spying him all game long....

Jim Rome
01-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Errrr, YES!

Lou
01-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I look at wins and losses. And I'm 99.9% sure that in the last five years, no starting QB has had a better regular season record than Donovan McNabb.

I'll say this, if you really would take Brett Favre over Donovan McNabb as of THIS SECOND to lead your team in the playoffs, you don't know football. Favre has a ring...EIGHT YEARS AGO.

When you break it down, and look at McNabb's playoff history, he was NOT the reason the Eagles lost. I'm not talking about what weapons he has. I'm talking about what QB you'd insert if you had the same weapons.

Look over the years...2001 he lost to the Giants, the Eagles weren't ready that year. He didn't have a good game.
2002 to the Rams...McNabb had a very good game and was keeping the team in it the best he could, the defense just couldn't stop Marshall Faulk
2003 McNabb was throwing on one leg. He looked bad because he was hurt.
2004 the receivers couldn't catch a beach ball and then McNabb got hurt again. He doesn't get hurt, they still could have pulled out that game.

The Eagles lack of success is not Donovan McNabb. McNabb hasn't choked; he's either been hurt or others didn't do their job, most notably last year.

So I'm gonna pose this again...let's say you have a decent team. You get to pick one QB in the league to lead that team. You're really going to tell me you want a washed up Brett Favre? And in the NFC, it's hardly up for debate. The only possible guy you'd want would be Culpepper, but he has not nearly the experience and wins that McNabb does and the two are roughly the same age.

So I'll say again, there are only two QB's in the league you can really make a STRONG case are better than McNabb--Manning and Brady. A few you can debate like Culpepper and Vick, but most are not as good. Favre is not a top 10 QB in this league right now, unless you like a QB who'll get picked 4 times.

ALinChainz
01-05-2005, 11:59 PM
He threw for 30 TDs this year bro, he might not be what he was, but he isn't washed up.

I bet if you posed that question to all 32 NFL head coaches, you would get Favre being chosen more.

The lack of success is not McNabb. I agree. But I don't think all their success is McNabb either.

And a ring 8 years ago is still a ring. He went back again, only to lose to Elway and the Broncos.

THUNDERROCKS
01-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Lou, with all due respect, that is one of the dumbest questions anyone has ever asked me. mcnabb or the legendary hall of famer Bret Favre to lead my team in the playoff????? Hmm, let me think now, isn't mcnabb that african american qb who choked in the big game 3 years in a row. Last year at home, this guy couldn't remember the snap count, couldn't make proper reads, was unable to make quick and accurate decisions. For 3 straight years he has gotten out smarted, out classed and out played. He has become the laughing stock of the NFL because he can't win the big one. That is why you don't see african american qb's in the super bowl. That is why I released the over last night. 2 white coaches, 2 white qb's equal an easy over. Thank you for the question, but please, please wisen up just a bit would ya. Jeez.

Lou
01-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Good, glad you guys are still living in the past. You know Emmitt Smith I think had 6 or 8 TD's this year. He's got three rings. You want him as your running back in the playoffs?

Right now, January 2005, I think almost every coach in the league would want McNabb over Brett Favre. Enjoy interception after interception, Packer fans. Yeah they'll beat Minnesota because Minnesota is awful with an awful coach, but when they go to Atlanta, I say Favre has four interceptions.

DlocRoth
01-06-2005, 09:52 AM
It's a good possibility. Andy Reid fucked up by not playing his starters for at least a decent amount of time their last two games.

Only two teams have ever made the Super Bowl when they lost their last two regular season games.

BTW, McNabb is very overrated.

Yes, they will.

LoungeMachine
01-06-2005, 10:07 AM
How many more days until Joe Thunder geys banned AGAIN?

Bob_R
01-06-2005, 11:10 AM
To win one game especially if it's an important one I'll take Favre over McNabb anyday.

Vanstonica
01-06-2005, 04:59 PM
To win one game especially if it's an important one I'll take Favre over McNabb anyday.

I don't know that I agree with that. Maybe a few years back, I would have taken Favre over McNabb....but Brett seems to do almost as many stupid things these days as he does things to win the game for his team. Remember the 6 INT game he had against the Rams? and last year, he throws a "punt" up that Philly picks off and proceeds to win with.

Lou
01-07-2005, 08:50 AM

You know, why not go for Joe Montana or John Elway instead? I hear they're available. You can also have Emmitt Smith as your running back and Jerry Rice as your wide receiver.

I mean if you have a team of Joe Montana, Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice, as they are now in 2005, that team would be unstoppable.

Bob_R
01-07-2005, 09:41 AM
What the fuck are you talking about Lou? What does Montana and Elway have to do with this?

They're winners besides who "WON" big games. Please don't even compare those two great legends to an overrated piece of shit QB like McNabb.

ODShowtime
01-07-2005, 04:03 PM
yes

Va Beach VH Fan
01-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Besides, better not talk too much shit about Favray, he just might waltz into Philly and put a whoopin' on that lousy defense....

Lou
01-08-2005, 10:05 PM
EVH FANATIC, my point is you're all living in the past with Favre. Since you like to live in the past, why not bring back Joe Montana or John Elway, right now, as your QB. They're available to get. You really didn't get my point? Come on.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm not living in the past at all Lou....

What I just said is a very real possibility....

ALinChainz
01-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Favre threw for 30 TDs this season, I just can't say he's washed up.

ALinChainz
01-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Lou did call the INT's, but 2 of these were not Favre's fault in my opinion.

Still turnovers, but he isn't getting any help from his receivers.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Besides, better not talk too much shit about Favray, he just might waltz into Philly and put a whoopin' on that lousy defense....

LOL, so much for that.... :D

I agree with Al, at least 2 of those 4 INT's weren't his fault.....

Lou
01-09-2005, 08:57 PM
What did I tell you about Favre.

HE IS DONE.

Yeah I want him leading me to the playoffs, BWHAHAHAHA! And I called the exact number too, (4) FOUR INT's today.

Bob_R
01-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Lou

HE IS DONE.

Yeah I want him leading me to the playoffs, BWHAHAHAHA! And I called the exact number too, (4) FOUR INT's today.

You were correct. Favre had a terrible game. Though all the INT's weren't totally his fault but will go on his stats.

DLRDUDE
01-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Good luck to your Eagles. The best thing for them to do is lose the 1st round , at least they won't go down in history as losing four NFC Championships in a row.

POJO_Risin
01-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Lou

HE IS DONE.

You called a victory against Minny...and four against Atlanta...good job...

POJO_Risin
01-09-2005, 09:44 PM
As for someone who was calling Elway a legend...before he won those two SuperBowls...

he was every bit compared to McNabb right now...

couldn't win the big game...even IF he was injured...OR...played well...

POJO_Risin
01-09-2005, 09:48 PM
As for McNabb or Favre this year?

I would have called it a wash before today...obviously after Favre blew ass...I'd say McNabb...

we'll see next week...

I've got no problems with McNabb...he's not an accurate passer...but with TO has flourished...

You can say what you want about his performances over the years in the playoffs...but HE hasn't won...you can blame it on injuries...or someone else...

but facts are facts...his teams haven't won...

I still can't see anyone beating them in the NFC...

MAX
01-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
As for someone who was calling Elway a legend...before he won those two SuperBowls...

he was every bit compared to McNabb right now...

couldn't win the big game...even IF he was injured...OR...played well...

Poj,

Elway would have gone into the HOF regardless of winning the back to backs. Just like Marino. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but there's no doubt that Peyton Manning is a stellar QB even if he never wins the big one.

Lou
01-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah I called a victory against Minny, even I overrated him!

POJO, you have to be kidding, a "wash" even before this game? You all live in the past with this guy.

POJO_Risin
01-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah...a wash before this game...as long as living in the past counts THIS season...a team that was what...9-2 coming into the game today? You deal with wins and losses? that's a lot of fucking wins...THIS YEAR...

Call it what you want...but you are biased with McNabb...

although I will concur with you that overall...I'd put McNabb top 5 for sure...

Probably something like this...

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Culpepper
4. McNabb

So even top 3...

I don't like McNabb...and often think of him as overrated...but I can't honestly pick anyone for the extent of the season over McNabb...

I didn't really look at all the QB's like you did...but right now...I'd say McNabb 3 until someone else proves different...

if he loses next week...or the week after...even you will have to let the overrated seep through the cracks...

rustoffa
01-09-2005, 10:19 PM
I agree with Manning being number one, and the Patriot's D is no joke.

Tuck rules and snap-count theatrics aside, is "Will Manning choke?" a fair question?

I took a beating yesterday, no way I'm touching that spread.

POJO_Risin
01-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes...will Manning choke is a fair question...

the only way to beat their offense right now is to get pressure on the guy...which NE can and will do...

rustoffa
01-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Couldn't agree more.

POJO_Risin
01-09-2005, 10:43 PM
The true question then becomes...what kind of decisions will Manning make when that happens?

If the Colts blow through NE...and I don't think they will...but it will be a close game...

they'll be the favorites to win in the minds of many...

We'll see...

rustoffa
01-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Choking ones.

We'll see....

ALinChainz
01-09-2005, 11:00 PM
If Edge doesn't fumble in week 1 ... and Manning doesn't take the sack, that game in Foxboro was a COlt win.

Ty Law out for the duration, that secondary will have to come through. Manning with pressure isn't bad, he burned the Broncos when they blitzed.

I think weather may be a bigger problem for the Colts. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but they get a little closer each time.

They need to jump out early and take Dillon out of the game.

POJO_Risin
01-09-2005, 11:02 PM
You take Dillon out of the game...and jump on NE...and I agree...it becomes a downhill battle for Indy...

NE will be ready however...we shall see...

Lou
01-10-2005, 12:14 AM
I wasn't talking about the regular season, I was talking about the playoffs with Favre. The question is who do you want to be your QB in the playoffs. Not who's still putting up regular season numbers.

Spin it any way you want, Favre's stats in the postseason from 2002 onward have been brutal.

BigBadBrian
01-14-2005, 06:39 PM
McNabb will find a way to lose. Watch. :D

Lou
01-14-2005, 06:43 PM
McNabb is not the one who's been finding ways to lose in the playoffs. He was fuckin' HUGE in that St. Louis game they lost in 2002 but no one seems to remember that. The defense just couldn't stop Marshall Faulk. 2003 he played on one leg. 2004 the receivers could not catch a pass, and then he got hurt and couldn't finish the game.

If they lose, it will not be McNabb's fault. McNabb is a winner. If they lose, it'll be because of their loser WR's, namely Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston.

light 'em up!
01-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Lou
McNabb is not the one who's been finding ways to lose in the playoffs. He was fuckin' HUGE in that St. Louis game they lost in 2002 but no one seems to remember that.

I remember it Lou... he threw an interception late in the 4th quarter in what could have been the winning drive for the Eagles.

POJO_Risin
01-14-2005, 09:16 PM
HUGE IN THAT GAME AGAINST ST. LOUIS?

HUGE?????

Yeah...it was his best game...and I do remember that game...been listening to you gripe about how he has been unfairly fucking treated...and he's played well in the fucking playoffs...blah...blah...blah...

Dude...he didn't do shit in that game...no where near enough to win the game...

If I remember...good passing %age...but what...1 TD pass...maybe 20 yards rushing?...less than 200 yards...and a pick...

yeah...outstanding...

and the following year...he threw what...50 fucking passes? Yeah...his leg...cry me a fucking river....no td's...don't remember much more than that. You choose to play...you lose...your fault if you're a qb...leg or not...and if he wasn't hurt...Tampa still woulda eaten them up...

He got hurt in the second quarter...got his bell rung continuously (5 sacks), threw like a punk bitch (3 or was it 4 picks), and lost to an inferior team...or should I say...Reid was outcoached by a better coach...

that's it...blame it on all you want..injuries, the line, the wr's, the clap...you sound like a stupid chick who's husband keeps telling her he's working late while he's banging her sister...

McNabb's a winner...no doubt...Jim Kelly was a winner too...lmfao...

at least he could GET to the Super Bowl...

POJO_Risin
01-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
I remember it Lou... he threw an interception late in the 4th quarter in what could have been the winning drive for the Eagles.

LMFAO...

played great...;)

"Honey...I have to work late..."

LMFAO...

Lou
01-15-2005, 12:12 AM
McNabb willed his way into the endzone with 5 minutes left to get it to 29-24. Then at the end I think Freddie Mitchell dropped a pass or something went slightly awry to end the game.

light 'em up!
01-15-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm preetty sure McNabb threw an interception and then the Rams ran out the clock to seal the deal.

aesop
01-15-2005, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
LMFAO...

played great...;)

"Honey...I have to work late..."

LMFAO...

...Fucking classic...5 stars, bro!

Dave IS VH
01-15-2005, 04:05 AM
"Will the Eagles choke?"

YES!!!!!!!!!

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 04:47 AM
Just a few comments about the game "McNabb willed himself into the end zone...."

1. Quarterback Donovan McNabb's fumble on the second play from scrimmage led to a Rams touchdown

Damn...quality right there...he must have willed that ball right out of his fucking hands...

2. McNabb put together another impressive drive to cut it to 29-24, but the Rams defense played well enough when it had to, limiting the Eagles to 74 second-half yards and ending Philadelphia's season with an Aeneas Williams interception in the final 2 minutes.

Yeah...wonderful...he willed the TD...however...the int and the 74 second half yards tell a different tale...

but that couldn't have been McNabb's fault...

no way...he was "working late..."

lmfao...

All hail a poor man's Jim Kelly!...

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Rumor has it that a hangnail stunted his productivity that game...

Northern Girl
01-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
"Will the Eagles choke?"

YES!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Let's hope so, eh?

Northern Girl
01-16-2005, 02:04 PM
That was just the luckiest fucking play I've ever seen in my life.

Fuck !

I'm not happy !

aesop
01-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
That was just the luckiest fucking play I've ever seen in my life.

Fuck !

I'm not happy !

Dropping the F-Bombs, eh NG? Please remember to whisper...I have a headache, ya know...

Northern Girl
01-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by aesop
Dropping the F-Bombs, eh NG?

I bet you said a few of those last night. :D

Originally posted by aesop
Please remember to whisper...I have a headache, ya know...

So sorry. It's like I'm not even here.

aesop
01-16-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
I bet you said a few of those last night. :D

So sorry. It's like I'm not even here.

Don't worry...you can whisper...Feel free :)

Northern Girl
01-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
"Will the Eagles choke?"

WELL, I GUESS NOT !!! :(

But there's always next week !!! :D

Lou
01-16-2005, 06:12 PM
I think the Eagles will win next week close, 17-14.

guitarboy5150
01-16-2005, 08:25 PM
eagles are flawless @ home this season

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Well, there ya go Lou....

There was your gimmee game vs. the porous defense of the Vikes, congrats....

Now, the question is can they do it vs. a team that actually PLAYS defense ???

I will say this, their receivers showed me something today... They do that vs. the Falcons and they very well may pull it out....

Lou
01-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Honestly, the game wasn't as close as the score, Eagles should have gotten into the 30's. No matter, they pretty much dominated the game and they won...just a businesslike game.

It's gonna come down to the defenses. Atlanta scored big against a bad Rams team that couldn't play defense and gave up horrendous field position. I would be shocked to all hell if the Falcons scored in the 20's unless the scores came from defense/special teams. I'll stick by a 17-14 score. Since the Falcons don't have any receivers other than Crumpler, I'd figure that that will allow Johnson to bring up the secondary to contain Vick.

redblkwht
01-17-2005, 01:06 AM
Ill take the underdog in philly, Hot-lanta..
without TO they are the same team as last year..
championship game chokers.
Vick will run wild.

Lou
01-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah the Eagles also have Jevon Kearse, who wasn't there last year, and Jeremiah Trotter who's playing out of his mind. They'll also have Brian Westbrook, who didn't play last year, and a healthy Donovan McNabb. Of course everyone focuses on missing TO, but the Eagles have three impact players they didn't have last year and a healthy QB. For these reasons, the Eagles will win the game.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Honestly, the game wasn't as close as the score, Eagles should have gotten into the 30's. No matter, they pretty much dominated the game and they won...just a businesslike game.

It's gonna come down to the defenses. Atlanta scored big against a bad Rams team that couldn't play defense and gave up horrendous field position. I would be shocked to all hell if the Falcons scored in the 20's unless the scores came from defense/special teams. I'll stick by a 17-14 score. Since the Falcons don't have any receivers other than Crumpler, I'd figure that that will allow Johnson to bring up the secondary to contain Vick.

Actually, I was gonna say that if the Vikes weren't playing with their heads in their asses, that game should have been a helluva lot closer....

Talk about the Steelers' luck all you want, but how about that deflected touchdown ?? Or the fake FG fuck up ??

I think the Vikes should have ran the ball more, because that's where the Eagles are most vulnerable....

Lou
01-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Look at the Eagles' stats stopping the run since Trotter was inserted in the lineup...MUCH better. Eagles don't have a top-5 run defense but it's nothing to be ashamed of the way it is now.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-18-2005, 08:03 PM
No, not ashamed, I'd agree with that....

But regardless of who wins the AFC, they'll run it down the Eagles throats....

Assuming they can win against a good defense, that is....

redblkwht
01-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Yeah the Eagles also have Jevon Kearse, who wasn't there last year, and Jeremiah Trotter who's playing out of his mind. They'll also have Brian Westbrook, who didn't play last year, and a healthy Donovan McNabb. Of course everyone focuses on missing TO, but the Eagles have three impact players they didn't have last year and a healthy QB. For these reasons, the Eagles will win the game. Dude Atlanta isnt Minnesota, with all the snow coming
suppsably a foot by sunday, its gonna be run run run..guess who will
be running for atlanta? MV & missing the P Mike Vick. They have a
great run game too..
cant wait old school snow ball, both games sunday..SUH-WEET!!

Lou
01-19-2005, 10:51 PM
I said in this thread the Eagles would win 17-14. But the important thing is that they're gonna win.

And guess what, the Eagles, in Philadelphia, aren't the pathetic St. Louis Rams on the road coached by the worst coach in the league.

Bob_R
01-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Congrats to the Eagles!

Lou
01-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Well how 'bout that, congrats from EVH FANATIC of all people. Boy Vick really "ran wild" today, for 26 yards.

Bob_R
01-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I display good sportsmanship most of the time.

I think Vick totally sucks as a quarterback btw.

Lou
01-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Someone compared Vick to Kordell Stewart on here...that might not be far from the truth. Vick really could end up being nothing more than a faster Kordell Stewart.

Sammy Who??
01-30-2005, 08:31 PM
mcnabb lacks the necessities to win. eagles will choke.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Someone compared Vick to Kordell Stewart on here...that might not be far from the truth. Vick really could end up being nothing more than a faster Kordell Stewart.

That would be me Louie....

redblkwht
02-01-2005, 01:30 AM
UMM BTW.......
the Eagles are gonna win the big dance did i mention that?

BigBadBrian
02-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
McNabb will find a way to lose. Watch. :D

I knew it. I told you so. :D Three INT's. Compare McNabb to Favre to now, Lou. Oh Yeah, no Lombardi Trophy for Donovan. :gulp:

ODShowtime
02-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Now that annoying DJ Nipsey who played their stupid fight song every morning for the last month has NOTHING TO SAY