PDA

View Full Version : Leave it to Vince Neil

Fabulous Shadow
01-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Rocker Lets F-Word Slip on 'Tonight Show'

January 04, 2005 7:52 AM EST
LOS ANGELES - NBC hasn't received any calls about the F-word that Motley Crue rocker Vince Neil dropped during the live New Year's Eve broadcast of "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno."

"Happy f---ing New Year, Tommy!" Neil said to bandmate Tommy Lee shortly after midnight Friday.

The remark was carried to viewers on the East Coast but was edited out before it was broadcast in the West, according to the entertainment trade paper Variety, which reported the incident on its Web site Monday night.

Leno normally tapes his show for broadcast later in the evening but does a live version for New Year's Eve. He had never a problem with profanities before, although the word has slipped out from time to time on other programs.

"The network has not received any calls regarding the incident," an NBC official, who asked not be identified, said Monday.

U2 lead singer Bono used the F-word at last year's Golden Globe Awards, which was also broadcast live by NBC. The network has said it will put this year's broadcast on a 10-second delay.

The Federal Communications Commission, in a ruling issued last March, said the word should never be used on over-the-air radio or television programs. FCC officials said at the time they had received hundreds of complaints from Golden Globes viewers.

Networks have been more cautious about material they air after singer Janet Jackson's Super Bowl performance last year

Jackson was near the end of a Feb. 1 halftime duet with Justin Timberlake when Timberlake snatched off part of her bustier on stage, revealing one of her breasts, which was covered with only a sun-shaped "nipple shield." Those involved blamed the exposure on a "wardrobe malfunction."

tjvhou812
01-04-2005, 03:25 PM
thats just vince being vince:)

Fabulous Shadow
01-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Two '80s bad boys, two goals for growth

By Hugh Hart
Special to The Denver Post from Los Angeles

Motley Crue’s Vince Neil got a makeover — from a face-lift to a diet regimen — on the celebrity reality show “Remaking,” debuting Saturday.

Former Black Flag frontman Henry Rollins gained notoriety in the '80s as a hard-core punk rocker. Turns out he is also a die-hard cinephile. And Vince Neil, Motley Crue's alpha bad boy, has had a face-lift.

These revelations come courtesy of two new TV shows that offer each 40-something rocker a chance to shift gears, midcareer, by ringing in the new year with a fresh public persona.

Rollins hosts "Henry's Film Corner" (5:30 and 10:30 tonight and 1:30 a.m. and 10 p.m. Saturday on the Independent Film Channel), while singer Neil gets worked over by a team of consultants in "Remaking," a new reality-based series of 90-minute specials from VH1 (it premieres Saturday at 9 a.m., and airs again at 2 and 10 p.m.)

"Remaking," which will restyle Vanilla Ice and R&B singer Taylor Dayne in future episodes, reminds viewers that survival in the fickle pop-music world often hinges on a well-timed makeover. In the '80s, Neil and his image-savvy band crafted a wild look that inspired dozens of heavy metal "hair bands." But the 43-year-old rocker admits he had grown a little complacent in recent years.

"I'd watch these shows where people are a bit overweight and say to myself, 'God, I wish something like that would happen to light the fire under my butt and get into the gym,' because I was about 15 pounds over what I want to be."

Neil decided to take the plunge last February. While lounging, poolside, with a cocktail, at a South Beach hotel in Miami, he got a call from his manager and a VH1 executive who explained the concept. Neil signed on for a 90-day regimen and now says he has no regrets.

"Everything I did on this show is something I wanted to do," said Neil, who was in Los Angeles earlier this month rehearsing for an upcoming Motley Crue reunion tour. "The thing about it is, you've really got to make a commitment to do something like this, because once you start, you don't want to end up where you began. There's got to be a change."

As cameras rolled, Neil switched his hair color from blond to brown, stopped drinking vodka, gave up junk food, lost 30 pounds, sang his first power ballad and put himself in the hands of a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon for 9 1/2 hours.

"They did a lot of things," Neil said nonchalantly. "Brow lift, upper-lower eyes, partial face-lift, cheek implants, nose job, jaw-line sculpturing. A lot of people think once you get that kind of surgery you turn out looking like Ethel Merman, and it's not like that. You look refreshed, like every night you've had a great night's sleep."

A few blocks from Motley Crue's rehearsal hall, Rollins, 43, talked about his new show from the comfort of the Hollywood Boulevard house that serves as headquarters for his own publishing and record companies:

"Have I been living my life to reinvent myself as a film critic? No! Do I like to be employed? Absolutely. Like to try different things? I think I should, lest one paints oneself into a corner where people go 'Oh, you're the guy in the video.'

"I've done a lot of rock 'n' roll," said Rollins, a crew-cut, tattooed bodybuilder who joined punk group Black Flag in 1981 and later led the Rollins Band. "But I've also written 14 books. I do 90 to 100 speaking dates all over the world every year. I have a radio show. I've acted in 20 films. And I may not be the learned film scholar, but if I can talk about films I'm enthusiastic about and directors that I'm really geeked on, then why not do it?"

On his Dec. 4 debut show, Rollins dissected Sean Penn's performance in "The Assassination of Richard Nixon" with "Fight Club" director David Fincher and listened to real firefighters sound off about "Ladder 49."

Don't expect any air kisses or celeb-obsessed patter with Rollins.

"By God, let's geek out a little," Rollins says. "Who's watching IFC? Young actors, wannabe directors, film students. If they could pin Tarantino in a corner, it'd be, 'How'd you get that shot?' not 'What's it like to work with Uma Thurman, she's so hot."'

The fiercely opinionated Rollins recently returned from a USO tour in Afghanistan, where he entertained troops with his monologues. In each 30-minute show, he gets to showcase his gift of gab with a couple of unscripted solo rants called "Teeing Off" and "Rollins' Revenge."

"I'm just winging it," he says. "We do four takes, and whichever one gets the biggest laugh and the loudest claps from the crew behind the camera, that's the one we use."

In keeping with Rollins' iconoclastic body of work, "Henry's Corner" will steer clear of mainstream fare.

"I'd rather see an independent filmmaker like Wes Anderson over a big blockbuster, like 'Lord of the Rings.' Wizards and flying around? I hate to sound like I'm a stick in the mud, but I am," Rollins said. "I'd rather watch 'Life Aquatic,' or 'Sling Blade,' or 'The Russian Ark,' which was my favorite film last year. This series is not about Rock 'n' Roll Boy reinventing himself. This is: 'Fan Boy gets a show

The Rollins thing actually sounds cool... Hmmmm should this be in music?

guwapo_rocker
01-04-2005, 03:26 PM
What a cunt ooops!!:D

chunkashin!!
01-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Rocker Lets F-Word Slip on 'Tonight Show'

January 04, 2005 7:52 AM EST
LOS ANGELES - NBC hasn't received any calls about the F-word that Motley Crue rocker Vince Neil dropped during the live New Year's Eve broadcast of "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno."

"Happy f---ing New Year, Tommy!" Neil said to bandmate Tommy Lee shortly after midnight Friday.

The remark was carried to viewers on the East Coast but was edited out before it was broadcast in the West, according to the entertainment trade paper Variety, which reported the incident on its Web site Monday night.

Leno normally tapes his show for broadcast later in the evening but does a live version for New Year's Eve. He had never a problem with profanities before, although the word has slipped out from time to time on other programs.

"The network has not received any calls regarding the incident," an NBC official, who asked not be identified, said Monday.

U2 lead singer Bono used the F-word at last year's Golden Globe Awards, which was also broadcast live by NBC. The network has said it will put this year's broadcast on a 10-second delay.

The Federal Communications Commission, in a ruling issued last March, said the word should never be used on over-the-air radio or television programs. FCC officials said at the time they had received hundreds of complaints from Golden Globes viewers.

Networks have been more cautious about material they air after singer Janet Jackson's Super Bowl performance last year

Jackson was near the end of a Feb. 1 halftime duet with Justin Timberlake when Timberlake snatched off part of her bustier on stage, revealing one of her breasts, which was covered with only a sun-shaped "nipple shield." Those involved blamed the exposure on a "wardrobe malfunction."

Why the hell is "Fuck" still tabooed as a swear word?

And for that jackson thingy, Urgh...

aesop
01-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Henry Rollins Rules!!!

Big Troubles
01-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Dave has sworn a few times on live tv, hasn't he? He said "Fuck" at the 96 awards? And Im sure he has before on numerous shows. I remember reading somewhere, that they used to purposely put Dave on live tv, just for that sole reason. Possibly to spike interest?

FORD
01-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Heard this morning that Mikey Powell (son of Colon) and the FCC are "investigating" Jay Leno because Vince said "Fucking" on the air.....

Goddamned fascists......

BITEYOASS
01-05-2005, 06:39 PM
And the FCC paranoia madness continues! All thanks to that cunt Michael Powell. I've heard that about 95% of these damn complaints have been coming from one lobbying group, correct me if I'm wrong.

Big Troubles
01-05-2005, 09:46 PM
I like it when grown men complain publicly about the word "fuck". It seems ridiculous, but if we dont have some sort of restriction or boundary for language use and the freedom of, then EVERYONE would be saying it, and the question will be, What's next? ;)

Flash Bastard
01-05-2005, 09:48 PM
I don't understand what the big fucking deal is. FUCK is just a word.

It's not like the N-word.