PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars (Past & Present) Vanity Fair Cover

Mezro
01-04-2005, 07:42 PM
This brings a tear to my eye.

Mezro...what a great cover...

squib
01-04-2005, 07:44 PM
awesome, but why is jar jar in the fucking middle?

Mezro
01-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by squib
awesome, but why is jar jar in the fucking middle?

Every dart board needs a bullseye.

Mezro...fuck Jar Jar...douche douche...

MAX
01-04-2005, 07:51 PM
That's cool Mez. I agree with squib. Don't tell me jar jar is going to be in the new movie? Well, not unless he gets killed or something.

Mezro
01-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by MAX
That's cool Mez. I agree with squib. Don't tell me jar jar is going to be in the new movie? Well, not unless he gets killed or something.

Jar Jar is in for like 2 minutes.

Mezro...he does NOT get killed off...

Mezro
01-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Oh yeah...and Happy Birthday old man..LOL

Mezro...go grab some Utah hookers and go hog wild...

MAX
01-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
he does NOT get killed off...

FUCK!!!

WACF
01-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

Mezro...he does NOT get killed off...

I will see it anyway....

Mr Badguy
01-05-2005, 08:11 AM
`Ere!

Where are Peter Cushing and Sir Alec Guiness?

Surely with computer graphics they could have put them in?

Yoda and Jar Jar are in there.

And you can`t say Obi Wan is represented by Ewan McGregor as there are three Anakin/Darth Vaders in there.

And is that David Prowse in the Vader outfit?

Is it a real group photo or has it been comped from a bunch of different ones?

Ah...who gives a fuck!

twonabomber
01-05-2005, 08:24 AM
no Ray Park...not that anyone would know what he looks like anyways...

bueno bob
01-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm just fuckin' amazed they got Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill to stay in the same room with each other for more than 5 minutes at a go.

bueno bob
01-06-2005, 10:04 AM
BTW, I don't know for sure about Peter Cushing, but Alex Guiness couldn't make it because he's dead...I'm sure he'd have been there, otherwise, but I guess death makes you kinda late for a lot of photo ops...

twonabomber
01-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Cushing is dead also.

Mr Badguy
01-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Yeah, but if you can have a computer generated Yoda and Jar Jar (and probably General Grievous) then why not put cardboard cut outs of Cushing and Guiness at the back?

I mean if that bit part bloke at the back centre with the goatee and Anakin`s mum qualify, then surely the actors who played Nien Numb, Bib Fortuna, Greedo, Walrus man, Wicket, Admiral Piett, Lobot and Wedge will be pissed off that they weren`t invited.

bueno bob
01-08-2005, 02:58 AM
Wedge died too?

Shit.

That was McGregor's uncle, right?

Mr Badguy
01-08-2005, 07:26 AM
No, I don`t think so.

He did appear in every film in the original trilogy.

Why isn`t he here?

bueno bob
01-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Too busy leading Rogue Squadron to appear in the family picture, maybe...

Mezro
01-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I'm just fuckin' amazed they got Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill to stay in the same room with each other for more than 5 minutes at a go.

I thought the exact same thing.

Mezro...tell you what bob...it feels strange to watch our pop culture icons get old...

bueno bob
01-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Yup...I remember they all did Oprah back in 98 (or whenever it was), back when the new editions came out...Mark Hamill was in the room with the others for about 2 minutes, they went to commercial break and when they came back, Oprah said something to the effect of "Mark unfortunately had to leave because he has somewhere else he needed to be..." (read: "Mark had to leave because he can't stand being in the same room with these people anymore and has said so on numerous occasions...").

I know what you mean Mez...I used to think it'd be really cool to see them all back together for a 4th movie, the last great adventure or whatever, but anymore...nope...best to leave it as it is.

Nickdfresh
01-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Yeah, but if you can have a computer generated Yoda and Jar Jar (and probably General Grievous) then why not put cardboard cut outs of Cushing and Guiness at the back?

I mean if that bit part bloke at the back centre with the goatee and Anakin`s mum qualify, then surely the actors who played Nien Numb, Bib Fortuna, Greedo, Walrus man, Wicket, Admiral Piett, Lobot and Wedge will be pissed off that they weren`t invited.

You know, I was thinking Alec Guiness could have been placed in as his ghostly projection from the end of RETURN OF THE JEDI. That would have been both classy and cool!

bueno bob
01-09-2005, 01:41 AM
Thing about Alec Guiness was, I remember reading at the end (which was right before Phantom Menace hit) that he wasn't going to see it and said he was saddened by ever acting in anything with violence in it - said there's entirely too much death and destruction in the movies anymore, that's it's being too glorified, and hadn't watched himself in Star Wars for years, so on and so forth...

But you're right, it STILL would have been pretty neat to do it like that :)

Ozzy Fudd
01-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Great Find Mezro

Mezro
01-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ozzy Fudd
Great Find Mezro

I think the mag hit the stands this weekend. Saw a few people reading it on the MUNI this morning.

Mezro...the power of the force vs. the boredom of the commute...

flappo
01-10-2005, 01:51 PM
that brought a tear

to the end of my cock

bueno bob
01-10-2005, 04:55 PM
I've got wood and it's got Episode III written all over it. And yes, my joint is big enough to fit all the letters of "Episode III" on it...capitalized...in 20 font...

Nickdfresh
01-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I am gripping my "light-saber" just thinking about it.

bueno bob
01-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Let the force flow through you, Nick...

:D