PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you property owners, besides your home?

MAX
01-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Here's the deal, I own this condo, it's in a nice neighborhood and very big. I had ideal tenants for years, they were elderly, kept the place clean and were ALWAYS on time with their rent. Hence, I never raised their rent even though it was waaaaaay overdue. Unfortunately one passed away a couple of years back and the widow was put in a rest home. Now comes the nightmare. I find some chick who totally sells herself, can afford it blah, blah and fucking blah. At first she was great but then last spring and out of nowhere she just friggin' stops paying rent. I go through all of the channels cos she became delinquent for several months. To make a long story short, I had to take legal action to get her out. Well, she pulls a nighttime escape or evacuation, if you will.

I go to my condo and she fucking thrashed the place. I'm talking EVERYTHING!!! Well, here I now am many months and dollars later and now I'm going to sue her. I'm positive that I will not get anything but maybe a judgment will make me happy? Anyway, I just got finished buying all new carpet, painting the place, new stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, washer and dryer. FUCK!!!!

Sorry to ramble but luckily my wife found a stellar young Mormon couple just starting a family and it will be perfect for them. Hopefully they will stay for a while. Jeeze, anyone else have renters from hell?

guwapo_rocker
01-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Lesson learned Max. Just move on. Obviously this

chick doesn't have any cash, why waste your money and

energy on a lawsuit?

MAX
01-04-2005, 09:50 PM
The one thing I did learn is to buy cheap fucking carpet. lol. I wan't to sue the bitch cos she was so arrogant and just maliciously thrashed the place. Peace of mind maybe? I dunno? :confused:

LoungeMachine
01-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Lesson #1 - Never rent to katydid

Lesson #2 - Never sue the poor

Lesson #3 - If you want to own property as an investment, find land ripe for development.

Half the reason I'm lounging at 42. [ that and NEVER sign away your publishing ]

MAX
01-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Lounge,

I do OWN the property. It's been fully paid for years.

Northern Girl
01-04-2005, 10:03 PM
You're actually lucky it's only happened once. Expect it to happen again. And get references..

MAX
01-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Food for thought and how is NG this evening?

LoungeMachine
01-04-2005, 10:10 PM
References dont mean shit.

Credit ratings and criminal background checks are worth the $$$$

Bought and sold a few parcels over the years, Maxi.

I've never rented out either the Oahu house, or the Lake Washington one, however I have let "friends" house sit for months at a time.

Even friends will let you down sometimes.

Karma is the best revenge.

Good luck with the Mormons though.........One bedroom per wife?

Northern Girl
01-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Food for thought and how is NG this evening?

NG is great. :D

Didn't mean to sound unsympathetic, but unfortunately it's a pretty common thing. The best thing to do is talk to past landlords. If they won't give you any, well then ...

LoungeMachine
01-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Off the topic,

I just gave NG a fiver in hopes of getting my 40th vote

shameless I know, but my OCD is kicking in and I HATE odd numbers

MAX
01-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Lesson learned Max. Just move on. Obviously this

chick doesn't have any cash, why waste your money and

energy on a lawsuit?

Hey Guwapo,

Why trying to be nice with me? I said I wouldn't fight if you backed off. However, we ain't buddies. Not after the digs you've taken towards my family and especially not when your sig is trying to diss my brother Rikk. Don't fucking bother dude cos I'm not biting.

MAX
01-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
NG is great.

I'm happy to hear it. :)

Northern Girl
01-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I just gave NG a fiver in hopes of getting my 40th vote

shameless I know

It's a done deal! Thanks. Nice doing business with ya. :D

LoungeMachine
01-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Maxi,

you and NG can make out anytime

what about my vote???

LoungeMachine
01-04-2005, 10:21 PM
It's a done deal! Thanks. Nice doing business with ya. :D

God that feels good.

Thanks NG

You may now return to snuggling with Maxi:D

guwapo_rocker
01-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hey Guwapo,

Why trying to be nice with me? I said I wouldn't fight if you backed off. However, we ain't buddies. Not after the digs you've taken towards my family and especially not when your sig is trying to diss my brother Rikk. Don't fucking bother dude cos I'm not biting.

Boy it only took you 15 minutes to notice you were talking to me??

Good job Trixie. I never once dissed your family...ever, so don't

go there Gumby. Actually, I bet your stellar friend just pmed you and

said, what are you doing talking to him?

You might want to start thinking for yourself, no matter how much

of a headache it gives you. Your friend is a loser dude!!

MAX
01-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah it did take me fifteen minutes. It's been a fucking stressful day. No Guwapo, Rikk is stellar unlike you. Maybe I ought to have a beer or two to get in the mood to kick your ass and own you some more, eh? I was too fucking tired to fight today but you just have to keep it up. FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guwapo_rocker
01-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Me? I was being nice remember?

Shit dude, I'm starting to believe you really are retarded.

You've never owned me boy, and you never will. I tried to be nice,

but you have to act tough. Don't you ever get tired of getting

your ass kicked homer??

MAX
01-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Guwapo,

YOU are the fucking tool around here but YOU are too fucking stupid to realize it. Sorry to break it to you pal but I'm a little more "in" than you are, ever were or will ever be. Keep fucking with me you asshole and we'll see........

guwapo_rocker
01-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Go for it Trixie, I dare ya!!!

I double dare ya!!! Sometimes people think they

know shit, when actually, all they do is talk it.

I triple dare ya!!!!!

LoungeMachine
01-04-2005, 10:39 PM
I'll just let you two talk.......

MAX
01-04-2005, 10:40 PM
You really are both insane and unstable. As the old saying goes......

You'd fucking better grow eyes out of the back of your old head cos you aren't going to know when it's coming. Fucking twit!!!

Northern Girl
01-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Snugglings over.

MAX
01-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Snugglings over.

There never was any with that rodent tool Guwapo.

Northern Girl
01-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Nevermind, you missed it. :)

guwapo_rocker
01-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by MAX
You really are both insane and unstable. As the old saying goes......

You'd fucking better grow eyes out of the back of your old head cos you aren't going to know when it's coming. Fucking twit!!!

Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip

http://ixquick.com/graphics/chihuahua.jpg

I'm shaking Trixie!!!!!!

LoungeMachine
01-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Nevermind, you missed it. :)

Jeez, Maxie.

Hey, NG. Until those two figure out who has the bigger wang we can just sit here and watch:D

Rikk
01-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Me? I was being nice remember?

Who gives a shit if you're being nice, asshole? As my good friend BILL LUMBERGH said, you never know who you can trust around here. Well, he's been proud to point out that I'm one of his only friends here that hasn't stabbed him in the back. He also quickly recognized you for who you truly are, you untrustworthy son of a bitch.

You, you'd stab your own mother in the back for crack money.

I don't take you seriously, rodent. You don't even bother me. I think your little "Rikk said nice things about BALANCE and OU812 a few years ago" campaign is hilarious...because that signature just makes you look like an ass the longer you keep it. So keep it. Nobody gives a fuck. They sure PM me and say what a tool you are.

But in terms of real anger? No. I just think you're a worthless sack of shit. Both MAX and I were nothing but cool to you, and you stabbed us both in the back to help out your li'l buddy Pete.

Old man, don't think for a second that you're so "in". But be damn assured that we are.

And again, who cares? You have to admit it's pretty amusing that your personal signature is all about me. Kinda shows who thinks more about the other, huh?

Old man.

Dan
01-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Max.Over here you have to a Bond down which is two weeks rent in advance on top of two weeks rent,so if they fuck off they don't get there Bond back.

Once a month checks of the House/flat is a good idea.

MAX
01-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Jeez, Maxie.

Hey, NG. Until those two figure out who has the bigger wang we can just sit here and watch:D

I'm still semi-young, fit and stealth. I pride myself with my physical regimen. All that old fuck does is wish he were a hamster and fantasize about rodents.

Who's the sick fuck?

Rikk
01-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Back on topic:

I guess you can never be completely sure with anyone. Just start renting only to older people (I mean, 40 and over) that seem respectful. Look at life details, job, etc. But you can never know.

As for the chick, don't bother suing her. She won't ever pay it, and you'll just waste time, stress and a whole lot of money with the litigation.

But definitely keep the place.

Man, anyone ever seen the movie PACIFIC HEIGHTS? It's a sort of horror story for landlords. Freaky movie.

Rikk
01-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I'm still semi-young, fit and stealth. I pride myself with my physical regimen. All that old fuck does is wish he were a hamster and fantasize about rodents.

Who's the sick fuck?

Yes, but he was FEATURED USER at CHELLE's site. He has that on you.

guwapo_rocker
01-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Who gives a shit if you're being nice, asshole? As my good friend BILL LUMBERGH said, you never know who you can trust around here. Well, he's been proud to point out that I'm one of his only friends here that hasn't stabbed him in the back. He also quickly recognized you for who you truly are, you untrustworthy son of a bitch.

You, you'd stab your own mother in the back for crack money.

I don't take you seriously, rodent. You don't even bother me. I think your little "Rikk said nice things about BALANCE and OU812 a few years ago" campaign is hilarious...because that signature just makes you look like an ass the longer you keep it. So keep it. Nobody gives a fuck. They sure PM me and say what a tool you are.

But in terms of real anger? No. I just think you're a worthless sack of shit. Both MAX and I were nothing but cool to you, and you stabbed us both in the back to help out your li'l buddy Pete.

Old man, don't think for a second that you're so "in". But be damn assured that we are.

And again, who cares? You have to admit it's pretty amusing that your personal signature is all about me. Kinda shows who thinks more about the other, huh?

Old man.

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

I new Rikky boy would ride in to save Trixies ass!! Always the way.

Max says he's gonna kill someone and in comes Rikky Retardo to

do his dirty work.

You're not the only one who gets pm's Fatty. You have no idea

of the response I have received. Your little propoganda campaign

against me has failed.

You guys are in???? In each others bung holes perhaps!!

Fuck off and get a job fatty, and let Max fight his own battles,

that once again he started.

And oh yeah, once again, my Mother is dead. Fuck you!!

tjvhou812
01-04-2005, 11:15 PM
this thread is geting good

tjvhou812
01-04-2005, 11:18 PM
ding ding

tjvhou812
01-04-2005, 11:18 PM
round 37

guwapo_rocker
01-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Yawn.....night everyone.

Matt White
01-04-2005, 11:38 PM
THE ONGOING DEATHMATCH!

MAX
01-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Look,

How nice.

Guwapo posted a recent pic of himself and even drew my name on his belly. That's a birthday present I never wanted. However, did Guwapo finally cut off his mullet?

That's a shame...........

Rikk
01-04-2005, 11:46 PM
You're not the only one who gets pm's Fatty. You have no idea

of the response I have received. Your little propoganda campaign

against me has failed.

Propaganda campaign? I could give a fuck about an old man whose best bud was sent out of here by the Webbies on a platter. You started this "let's bring down the other" game, Chuckles.

You're shit. I could give a fuck about the few PMs you've received. There are a few people at this site I think are morons. And they think I'm a moron. And together, we enjoy thinking the other is a moron.:D

As for you, you matter not. There was a day that I used to put your ugly mug (and I mean that...you are one ugly S.O.B.) in my signature. These days, I wouldn't bother. Why waste my signature on bantha fodder? But you? LOL. I love it. "RIKK is so imporant to me that he IS my signature." LMFAO!!! To top it off, butt breath, you even mentioned me in your fucking profile as FEATURED USER at CHELLE's Van Hagar site. Do you fucking ever stop thinking about ol' Roftard Rikki? Signature, profile, half of your posts? Dude, admit it...you love me!:D Hell, you even wanted me to go for a drink with you once in Toronto!!!!:p

Dumb homo.

Rikk
01-04-2005, 11:51 PM
To ease the tension, here's a pic of Nick from the Pen and his huge cock. He posted this in HITCHWORLD, but I thought it would bring a laugh here.

MAX
01-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey Matt,

Ali is a pussy cos I am the GRATEst!!!!!

You fuckers should know that by now? Infact, I'm going to tell my marriage counselor the same shit!!! LOL!!!

MAX
01-04-2005, 11:52 PM
When Guwapo smokes that rock and sucks that cock, you know he does so well.................................

Rikk
01-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I'm going to tell my marriage counselor the same shit!!!

In Canada, we have a different kind of marriage counselling.

http://www.sitstay.com/store/pics_lg/EQM28.lg.jpg

Figs
01-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Being a Landlord sucks ass. I rented out a co-op for a few years and always got screwed over at least a little. Most of the time it was people would just move out with no notice, which is better than staying and not paying. The courts are generally unsympathetic to Landlords and will take forever to process an eviction.

Like LM said, a credit report is a good idea. If you can get a hold of a past Landlord, that might help (although their current Landlord probably will give a good reference just to get rid of them). I'd stay away from people who don't want to fill out apllications or credit check forms. Get more than 1 month deposit, since most renters will blow off the last month and tell you to take it out of the deposit, then you have no money for damages.

I had a pretty good book called The Landlord's Handbook (I think). It might be worth picking up a similar book.

Bottom line, a huge percentage of renters are scum. The only way I'd do it again is if I was making big chunk of change off it.

ODShowtime
01-05-2005, 08:40 AM
Sorry to interrupt the show, but I could use some input from landlords here.

How about landlords from hell? Mine was supposedly renovating my apartment right before I moved in. Too bad the people renovating it were crackheads (liertally from what I've been told). My apartment SUCKS ASS. My landlord probably invests about $50 a year on the whole building. Cheapest motherfucker I've ever seen.

I can't believe people can get away with what you got MAX. So this bitch can walk and just because she's probably poor, she will walk scott free? Can't you fuck up her credit rating at least?

I am curious about this because I'd love to not pay my last month's rent and just BE OUT! There's no way they'll refund my security no matter how well I clean the place. So what's the chance they'll sue for the last months rent if I just cut out?

I know this is odd talking about what you guys are mad about, but trust me, this asshole deserves it.

twonabomber
01-05-2005, 08:44 AM

you can sue 'em...just don't expect to collect.

Northern Girl
01-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I am curious about this because I'd love to not pay my last month's rent and just BE OUT! There's no way they'll refund my security no matter how well I clean the place. So what's the chance they'll sue for the last months rent if I just cut out?

I had to do that once. Landlord was using our rent for drugs instead of his mortgage and got foreclosed on. I stayed there the last month without paying my rent, 'cause I knew I'd never see my deposit. He came a knocking and threatened to take me to court; but I knew damn well that druggie wouldn't go near a court house. Besides he knew I was right. Don't worry about. Get the fuck out now.

ODShowtime
01-05-2005, 10:42 AM
I had to do that once. Landlord was using our rent for drugs instead of his mortgage and got foreclosed on. I stayed there the last month without paying my rent, 'cause I knew I'd never see my deposit. He came a knocking and threatened to take me to court; but I knew damn well that druggie wouldn't go near a court house. Besides he knew I was right. Don't worry about. Get the fuck out now.

Thanks for the advice NGirl!

Keep it coming folks. I'd appreciate a wide range of opinions on this, especially from you landlords.

Carmine
01-05-2005, 11:10 AM
I've had several rental properties for years. Good source of extra income and appreciation on those properties is good as well. As far as tenants go, its always a crap shoot. I rented one of my homes to a family in the 90's. The husband was a teacher, the wife was a nurse. Great, I think. Decent people, I shouldn't have to worry. Always paid on time, good relationship with them. Until, they moved out. The place was destroyed! carpet was ruined, it smelled like somebody died in there. I found cracked eggs behind the stove(which had to be replaced too) , the bathroom smelled like they pissed on the floor for 3 years! Horrible...I sold that house after I put $4000 into it.

guwapo_rocker
01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
LMAO, Rikky Hagarita, why respond if you don't care?

Why carry my pic around in you sig for a month if you don't care?(fag)

Wht bother telling me how "IN" you and Trixie are if you don't care?

Oh you care Rikky Hagarita, you fucking care!!!!:p

Rikk
01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh you care Rikky Hagarita, you fucking care!!!!:p

Yes, I'm sure the thought gets you hard, old man. I'm sure it gets you very very hard.

"I care, GUWAPO. I care so much." I think two people asked where you when you were in jail for a couple of months. I was not one of them.;)

guwapo_rocker
01-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Yes, I'm sure the thought gets you hard, old man. I'm sure it gets you very very hard.

"I care, GUWAPO. I care so much." I think two people asked where you when you were in jail for a couple of months. I was not one of them.;)

LMFAO:D Hawaii is not jail Rikky Hagarita.

And it sure as hell isn't Burlington! Bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I'm done with you fag, you're boring!:rolleyes:

Rikk
01-05-2005, 02:03 PM
LMFAO:D Hawaii is not jail Rikky Hagarita.

And it sure as hell isn't Burlington! Bahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I'm done with you fag, you're boring!:rolleyes:

Sure you are. LOL. Sure you're done.:D

Hawaii wasn't the excuse you used before. You were in Hawaii for two months? I seriously thought your mom died and your dad was sick?

Nickdfresh
01-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Sorry to interrupt the show, but I could use some input from landlords here.

How about landlords from hell? Mine was supposedly renovating my apartment right before I moved in. Too bad the people renovating it were crackheads (liertally from what I've been told). My apartment SUCKS ASS. My landlord probably invests about $50 a year on the whole building. Cheapest motherfucker I've ever seen.

I can't believe people can get away with what you got MAX. So this bitch can walk and just because she's probably poor, she will walk scott free? Can't you fuck up her credit rating at least?

I know this is odd talking about what you guys are mad about, but trust me, this asshole deserves it.

Let us not forget that there are landlords from hell out there too. Though mine is a cheap, apathetic prick, he really is a decent guy all around.

Like Max! Just kidding!:D

Odshowtime.--Not to take the side of evil tenents here or give BAD TENETS bad ideas, but in the WNY county I live in, Erie; a renter ended up getting screwed out of his security deposit. His landlord pretty much told him it was the classic case of the security deposit being "ASSHOLE MONEY" as theonion.com once put it. He said the kid was shit out of luck and it was his word against the landlords.

So the tenant called the Co. Sheriffs and had the guy arrested for theft. He basically "stole" the guys SD money because he could not produce a receipt nor could show any repairs to the apartment made using the guys money that were the result of tenant's damage.

Also my insurance agent told me to make a video of any new apartment upon moving in and to document any problems due to lack of repair or age (i.e. a problem I have, leaks when raining).

I imagine that goes both ways though. I think a landlord should also videotape the interior to prove damages and to protect themselves from asshole tenants.

Od, you could also tell the guy that your security deposit is the final month's rent. But you may want to be careful the cunt doesn't take your stuff.

Wanna tell you a story,
about the house-man blues
I come home one Friday,
had to tell the landlady I'd-a lost my job
She said that don't confront me,
long as I get my money next Friday
Now next Friday come I didn't get the rent,
and out the door I went

So I goes to the landlady,
I said, "You let me slide?"
I'll have the rent for you in a month.
next I don't know
So said let me slide it on you know people,
I notice when I come home in the evening
She ain't got nothing nice to say to me,
but for five year she was so nice
Loh' she was lovy-dovy,
I come home one particular evening
The landlady said, "You got the rent money yet?",
I said, "No, can't find no job"
Therefore I ain't got no money to pay the rent
She said "I don't believe you're tryin' to find no job"
Said "I seen you today you was standin' on a corner,
leaning up against a post"
I said "But I'm tired, I've been walkin' all day"
She said "That don't confront me,
long as I get my money next Friday"
Now next Friday come I didn't have the rent,
and out the door I went

So I go down the streets,
down to my good friend's house
I said "Look man I'm outdoors you know,
can I stay with you maybe a couple days?"
He said "Let me go and ask my wife"
He come out of the house,
I could see it in his face
I know that was no
He said "I don't know man, ah she kinda funny, you know"
I said "I know, everybody funny, now you funny too"
So I go back home
I tell the landlady I got a job, I'm gonna pay the rent
She said "Yeah?" I said "Oh yeah"
And then she was so nice,
loh' she was lovy-dovy
So I go in my room, pack up my things and I go,
I slip on out the back door and down the streets I go
She a-howlin' about the front rent, she'll be lucky to get any back rent,
she ain't gonna get none of it
So I stop in the local bar you know people,
I go to the bar, I ring my coat, I call the bartender
Said "Look man, come down here", he got down there
So what you want?

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer
Well I ain't seen my baby since I don't know when,
I've been drinking bourbon, whiskey, scotch and gin
Gonna get high man I'm gonna get loose,
need me a triple shot of that juice
Gonna get drunk don't you have no fear
I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer

But I'm sitting now at the bar,
I'm getting drunk, I'm feelin' mellow
I'm drinkin' bourbon, I'm drinkin' scotch, I'm drinkin' beer
Looked down the bar, here come the bartender
I said "Look man, come down here"
So what you want?

No I ain't seen my baby since the night before last,
gotta get a drink man I'm gonna get gassed
Gonna get high man I ain't had enough,
need me a triple shot of that stuff
Gonna get drunk won't you listen right here,
I want one bourbon, one shot and one beer

Now by this time I'm plenty high,
you know when your mouth a-getting dry you're plenty high
Looked down the bar I say to my bartender
I said "Look man, come down here", he got down there
So what you want this time?
I said "Look man, a-what time is it?"
He said "The clock on the wall say three o'clock
Last call for alcohol, so what you need?"

No I ain't seen my baby since a nigh' and a week,
gotta get drunk man till I can't even speak
Gonna get high man listen to me,
one drink ain't enough Jack you better make it three
I wanna get drunk I'm gonna make it real clear,
I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer

--Geroge Thorogood

Nickdfresh
01-05-2005, 02:20 PM
To ease the tension, here's a pic of Nick from the Pen and his huge cock. He posted this in HITCHWORLD, but I thought it would bring a laugh here.

Thanks Rikk, no need to state the obvious though.:D

I was stroking my huge cock the other day and he spit all over the place! :D

guwapo_rocker
01-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Sure you are. LOL. Sure you're done.:D

Hawaii wasn't the excuse you used before. You were in Hawaii for two months? I seriously thought your mom died and your dad was sick?

Very classy Rikky Hagarita.

I lost My Mother in April. Pretty low that you have to keep bringing

it up. Dad fell ill in September and was hospitalized for 2 months.

After all that I took some time off to holiday as I needed the rest.

You see, I have a job, and money, so I can do these things. I

also studied how to trade the Forex markets.

You see, I'm not broke, unemployed, and glued to a lazyboy

behind my parents Dell like yourself.

I think I'll take Mom some flowers this weekend.

Fuck You!

Rikk
01-05-2005, 02:31 PM
I think I'll take Mom some flowers this weekend.

Fuck You!

Dude, if there's one nice thing I can say to someone, even you, it's that I feel horrible about your mother. Never lost either of my parents, and I dread the day something happens.

That said, don't act as if someone on this board has ever been disrespectful of your parents. It just shits on your credibility and proves, like the other tactics you pull, that you really are in la-la land and are willing to say anything about someone or twist any situation to make that person look bad.

Here I am, fighting with an old man that has now accused two people of making fun of his mother dying.

GUWAPO, I feel sorry for what you've gone through. But you'll always be a lying sack of shit as far as I'm concerned.

Have a nice day.

Rebel
01-05-2005, 02:36 PM
On topic:

Use a management company dude, it's worth it. Just turn the shit over to them and let them handle it all, it's not worth the headaches. Of course if your the hands on type with this sort of thing, but renters can be a royal pain. If you have somebody crap out on you, the mangement company will take care of it and pursue it. They also handle all maintenance calls, complaints, etc. It's really nice.

guwapo_rocker
01-05-2005, 02:40 PM

Here I am, fighting with an old man that has now accused two people of making fun of his mother dying.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are the loser of loser's dude.

Goodbye.:rolleyes:

Rikk
01-05-2005, 02:46 PM
You are the loser of loser's dude.

:D Dude, if you're gonna make some big statement, at least don't come off like an illiterate ass when you're doing it.

Take care, GUWAPO. Can't wait 'til you find someone to blame on here for another personal issue in your life.

DrMaddVibe
01-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Years ago, my wife and I were in a situation where we had completed the building of our new home and our old home which had been on the market for quite some time wasn't selling. We looked into renting the home. It wasn't the Taj Mahal, but it sure as hell wasn't a trailer either. It sat on an acre and 3/4 so the lot was massive...close to shopping...any how, we rent a movie that night and it changed our whole perspective. After reading your story Max I immedietly thought of this incident. The movie....Pacific Heights. Check it out.

Here's to better renters!

LoungeMachine
01-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Rebel
On topic:

Now THERE'S a thought.......

Hmmm, staying on topic......

we should debate this:D

Katydid
01-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Lesson #1 - Never rent to katydid

Lesson #3 - If you want to own property as an investment, find land ripe for development.

Half the reason I'm lounging at 42. [ that and NEVER sign away your publishing ]

Lounge Machine, I have never rented in my life. My home is a duplex, I downsized after the kids were gone. I rented it to an Englishman for 5 years, he was an anestheist in the emergency heart unit at the hospital. He paid on time or early, never missed any rent. I had one who traveled and was only there once or twice a month for a few days, he did the same. He also did repairs and I took it off the rent. One woman going thru a divorce rented a few months, she painted and papered, and etc. I took it off the rent. I have had more good tenants than bad.

One girl had a little black and white long hair dog, name starts with a P. Locked it in there 3 days at a time. I worked all time, finally I heard it howling one day. Counted the days till she came home. It shredded the front door, the venetian blinds, and messed and wet all over the floor. I had a lot of expense getting it back in shape to rent. Then one young guy a neigbor begged me to give him a chance. He turned the baseboard heat on high and kept the windows open, and installed large spotlights. Hid out at rent time. I finally got mad and called his dad, and he said, "Keep his new couch for the rent..."

I rent it out furnished, that way they can't say, "Well, I need a month to find a place to store my furniture, and get a place..."

I haven't rented it since February though. Opened it up to be a foster parent and that did not work out. Now have it for sale. Would be a good deal for someone; live in one side and rent out the other side...would make the payment.

I have had perfect credit since I was 16, owned various corporations, ( a Plumbing and Marbleland, an Eyeware Corp with distibutors all over the world)...so don't cast dispersion on me.

My house payments are current. At one time it was paid for, then I borrowed money against it. The interest can be taken off my income tax.

I have never had to take anyone to court, or lost any money really in the 10 years I have rented it out.

Northern Girl
01-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Katydid
Lounge Machine, I have never rented in my life. My home is a duplex, I downsized after the kids were gone. I rented it to an Englishman for 5 years, he was an anestheist in the emergency heart unit at the hospital. He paid on time or early, never missed any rent. I had one who traveled and was only there once or twice a month for a few days, he did the same. He also did repairs and I took it off the rent. One woman going thru a divorce rented a few months, she painted and papered, and etc. I took it off the rent. I have had more good tenants than bad.

One girl had a little black and white long hair dog, name starts with a P. Locked it in there 3 days at a time. I worked all time, finally I heard it howling one day. Counted the days till she came home. It shredded the front door, the venetian blinds, and messed and wet all over the floor. I had a lot of expense getting it back in shape to rent. Then one young guy a neigbor begged me to give him a chance. He turned the baseboard heat on high and kept the windows open, and installed large spotlights. Hid out at rent time. I finally got mad and called his dad, and he said, "Keep his new couch for the rent..."

I rent it out furnished, that way they can't say, "Well, I need a month to find a place to store my furniture, and get a place..."

I haven't rented it since February though. Opened it up to be a foster parent and that did not work out. Now have it for sale. Would be a good deal for someone; live in one side and rent out the other side...would make the payment.

I have had perfect credit since I was 16, owned various corporations, ( a Plumbing and Marbleland, an Eyeware Corp with distibutors all over the world)...so don't cast dispersion on me.

My house payments are current. At one time it was paid for, then I borrowed money against it. The interest can be taken off my income tax.

I have never had to take anyone to court, or lost any money really in the 10 years I have rented it out.

Katy, sometimes a simple "fuck off" will suffice. :D

Rikk
01-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Katy, sometimes a simple "fuck off" will suffice. :D

:p (I wonder who actually read through that whole novel)

Katydid
01-05-2005, 06:06 PM
You are right Northern Girl. Teddy Boy just picks at me. We have been in THE WALL for going on two years, he and ALinChainz.

ALinChainz
01-05-2005, 06:09 PM
You are right Northern Girl. Teddy Boy just picks at me. We have been in THE WALL for going on two years, he and ALinChainz.

Yeah for no reason huh Katy ...

Tell the truth for once.

You're not even close to being a DLR fan, why are you here?

Katydid
01-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Yeah for no reason huh Katy ...

Tell the truth for once.

You're not even close to being a DLR fan, why are you here?

You are a sports nut who pushes his own agenda and suckered poor PO Jo in. I have never heard you say anything good about any ROTH; OR ANYONE ELSE, COME TO THINK OF IT....

LoungeMachine
01-05-2005, 06:18 PM
No, NOTHING simple EVER works on katydid

chunkashin!!
01-05-2005, 06:18 PM
You are a sports nut who pushes his own agenda and suckered poor PO Jo in. I have never heard you say anything good about any ROTH; OR ANYONE ELSE, COME TO THINK OF IT....

Your here just to rant your offensive christian bullshit.

ODShowtime
01-05-2005, 08:11 PM

Would you shut the fuck up? I asked an important question and I don't need you flappin' yer jaws and burying it.

Rebel
01-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Another clusterfucked thread.....nice :rolleyes: