PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Hendrix movie wont happen after all...

manwiththedogs
01-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Jimi Hendrix Biopic Devastated
Posted: Tuesday January 4th, 2005 11:31pm
Source: Latino Review
Author: Garth Franklin

Andre 3000's attempt at bringing Jimi Hendrix's life story to the big screen has hit a major hurdle - the rock great's estate won't allow his music to be used in the film says ContactMusic.

Andre fears the Hendrix biopic will remain unmade because movie-makers will never gain the rights to use the guitar great's songs. He says, "I've heard that Will Smith wanted to do it (the film) at one time, Laurence Fishburne; Eddie Murphy had wanted to do it in the beginning of his career.

There's been a lot of scripts to try to make it happen, but nothing can go on. I can go and make a Hendrix film right now, but I could not use any Hendrix songs that he wrote in the film."

jojo2371
01-05-2005, 12:41 PM
yeah i think the hendrix family wants an honest portrait painted of jimi on film,not an oliver stone type flick were jimi's acheivements take a back seat to sex and drugs as the main focus,its also one of the reasons a janis joplin biopic has had trouble getting off the ground her family has been pretty cautious too about her image and musical legacy

tydhurst
01-05-2005, 01:18 PM
I like celebrity Biographies.

Mr Badguy
01-07-2005, 04:32 AM
As long as it ain`t Val Kilmer.

FORD
01-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Just to give you an idea of how long they have been trying to make a Hendrix movie, the first guy who was considered for the role was this guy.......

http://orbita.starmedia.com/thinlizzy/membros/phil5.jpg
I never even knew Jimi was Irish :confused:

Mr Badguy
01-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Why not?

Pink turned out to be Irish in "The Wall" movie.

Jesus Christ
01-07-2005, 04:35 PM
And he didn't like Mondays.