PDA

View Full Version : Kerry rebuffs protest of Ohio electors

BigBadBrian
01-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Kerry rebuffs protest of Ohio electors

By Amy Fagan
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Sen. John Kerry said he won't be joining a small band of House Democrats today in trying to spoil President Bush's formal election before Congress by objecting to what they say are voting irregularities in Ohio.
A group of House Democrats — led by the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. John Conyers Jr. of Michigan — will object to the counting of Ohio's electoral ballots before a joint congressional session today, because of what they say are massive voting irregularities and voter disenfranchisement there.

But they need at least one senator to join them in order to temporarily stop the process and force the House and Senate to formally debate their complaint. Mr. Kerry said he won't be that one senator.
"I will not be taking part in a formal protest of the Ohio electors," the Massachusetts Democrat said. "Despite widespread reports of irregularities, questionable practices by some election officials and instances of lawful voters being denied the right to vote, our legal teams on the ground have found no evidence that would change the outcome of the election."
Supporters of the effort — including several grass-roots groups, activists and Ohio residents who plan to rally today outside the Capitol — have been pressuring senators to join Mr. Conyers, including Sen. Barbara Boxer, California Democrat. Mrs. Boxer's spokesman, David Sandretti, said she "is still considering it."
The supporters hope to avoid a repeat of 2001, when a group of House Democrats formally objected before Congress to the electoral votes from Florida, citing voting irregularities. They were shut down because no senators joined them.
However, the activists were not dissuaded yesterday by Mr. Kerry's refusal.
"Kerry can do what he wants. We're here to protect our right to vote," said Harvey Wasserman, a lead activist in the effort and editor of freepress.org, who cited "a broad range of tactics used to shift the vote from Kerry to Bush."
Mr. Wasserman and a team of lawyers and statisticians spent months analyzing election data and found that exit polls did not match the reported vote in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida and seven of eight other key battleground states.
In Ohio, for example, exit polling conducted by a top expert indicated Mr. Kerry got 52.1 percent, when the vote totals show he got 48.7 percent. The statisticians said that shows the vote count was dishonest. The group — which contends Mr. Kerry won the election — cited voter suppression and irregularities, including withholding voting machines from the predominantly Democratic Columbus area.
Mr. Bush won Ohio by about 119,000 votes, 2 percentage points ahead of Mr. Kerry, after a recount that activists claim was conducted improperly. Nearly 40 voters are challenging the victory in the Ohio Supreme Court, citing voting irregularities, but Chief Justice Thomas Moyer has yet to rule.
Ohio Republicans dismiss the activists' efforts and Mr. Conyers' promised objection.
"Americans turned out in record numbers, and their votes have been counted and recounted, and President Bush won with more votes than any other presidential candidate in the history of our republic," said Rep. Rob Portman, Ohio Republican.
Even if a senator does sign on to Mr. Conyers' effort today, the group likely would not be able to stop the counting of electoral votes, since Republicans control both chambers. But it would force the chambers to stop the ceremony and conduct a touchy debate on the topic.
David Lytel, founder of the Committee to ReDefeat the President, said today's ceremony also could go beyond Ohio, and include objections from House Democrats to votes in other states as well, such as Florida or New Mexico.

DEMON CUNT
01-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Kerry: A republican in democratic clothing.

BigBadBrian
01-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Kerry: A republican in democratic clothing.

You weren't saying that before Election Day.

You would've licked his boots.

I'm going to put you on my Ignore List for awhile. You have too many stupid posts. :cool:

DEMON CUNT
01-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You weren't saying that before Election Day.

You would've licked his boots.

I'm going to put you on my Ignore List for awhile. You have too many stupid posts. :cool:

What was I saying before election day?

Ahh, Ignore List? That's hilarious! Tired of getting your ass kicked all over the Front Line!?!

Tired of losing the arguments? What a Chicken! Bock bock bock!

BigBadBrian
01-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Demon Cunt has posted

This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

:D

LoungeMachine
01-06-2005, 01:05 PM

The terrorists have just won

DC = 1

BBB = 0
:D

Failure IS an option to BBB, I guess

LoungeMachine
01-06-2005, 01:06 PM

May as well put me on the listt, too.

ALL of my posts are stupid;)

Nickdfresh
01-06-2005, 01:17 PM
I don't BLAME Kerry. Who wants this job at this point since these too have fucked it up.

Nickdfresh
01-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Having said that, I don't think the recounts will amount to a hill of beans. Did some funny bullshit happen, no doubt. Does that mean Kerry lost the election because of it. I really don't think so. But WE NEED TO GET THIS RIGHT next time.

BigBadBrian
01-06-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Having said that, I don't think the recounts will amount to a hill of beans. Did some funny bullshit happen, no doubt. Does that mean Kerry lost the election because of it. I really don't think so. But WE NEED TO GET THIS RIGHT next time.

Define "Get this right."

Don't you mean "Elect a Democrat?" :rolleyes:

DEMON CUNT
01-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Define "Get this right."

Don't you mean "Elect a Democrat?"

This should make it very clear to everyone what a mindless fascist BigBlandBrian is. We all need to make sure that we protect our right to vote. People in Iraq are going to be risking their very lives when they go to vote at the end of the month. We all can imagine what BBB would be saying if the roles were reversed.

Fascism: A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

Only a fucking pussy uses his ignore list feature. He needs some time to pout because he had his face rubbed in his own bullshit yesterday and today. I have never used the ignore feature and I never will. Not only can I take the heat, I am actually interested in oposing opionions.

And you know he's peeking anyway. :cool:

What a little bitch!

FORD
01-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Wow, Judas Iskerryot didn't speak up, even on his own behalf. I'm shocked. Truly I am :rolleyes:

The only problem with proving fraud is that you can't prove ANYTHING one way or the other with electro-fraud machines. Even though Blackwell and Diebold CEO Wally O'Dell both announced their intentions to deliver Ohio's electoral votes to Junior. Even though exit polls and respected pollsters like Zogby (whose previous election day records were nearly flawless) had very different numbers showing. Even though there were a half dozen or so ballot problems in Ohio reported even before election day, such as the absentee ballots issued with Kerry/Edwards removed completely.

It was stolen. But the neocons running both sides of the aisles in Congress will do nothing :(

ODShowtime
01-06-2005, 03:57 PM
BBB, you turned on ignore at the worst time. You missed the damn funniest depiction of yourself :D

Nickdfresh
01-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Define "Get this right."

Don't you mean "Elect a Democrat?" :rolleyes:

I mean a paper ballot reciept for every Die Boldhttp://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/images/tm.giftouch screen vote cast.

The other problem will take care of itself.;)

BigBadBrian
01-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

ALL of my posts are stupid;)

I know that, but sometimes they are mildly amusing. :D

DEMON CUNT
01-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Way to advance the discussion, BigBland!