PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy talks about Buckethead

PHOENIX
01-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Ozzy talks about Buckethead

Ozzy Osbourne recently spoke to Revolver magazine about his four-disc retrospective box set, "Prince of Darkness", and the upcoming 10th anniversary edition of his Ozzfest traveling festival, among other topics. Here's the part where he talks about auditioning Buckethead:
---

Revolver: If it's your solo band, what will the lineup be?

Ozzy Osbourne: "One big problem I've got is finding a good guitar player to write with. Nobody plays guitar anymore, they just make a noise. There ain't no fucking rock gods, and even the good guitarists are fucking nuts."

Revolver: What about Zakk Wylde?

Ozzy Osbourne: "He's fucking nuts! It depends on a lot of things. He'll probably be with me. I don't know at this point. I really want to find someone to write with, too."

Revolver: Have you held any auditions?

Ozzy Osbourne: "I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing. I said, 'Look, just be yourself!' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up?' [Laughs] Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker!"

Source(s): Revolver

DLR7884
01-06-2005, 05:47 PM
LOL.

DLR7884
:)

guwapo_rocker
01-06-2005, 05:50 PM
http://www.hipposandrhinos.com/newfolder/images/buckethead.jpg

DLR7884
01-06-2005, 06:03 PM
What a dork.

DLR7884
:)

WACF
01-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Fuck....Ozzy on something or can he not write a decent song anymore.

Fucking BLS cries out for Ozzy on some of those vocals!!

DavidLeeNatra
01-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by WACF
Fuck....Ozzy on something or can he not write a decent song anymore.

Fucking BLS cries out for Ozzy on some of those vocals!!

ozzy needs a guitar player to write with...dave needs one, too...no big thing...

Mezro
01-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Come on Ozzy - give the guy a break!

Mezro...let him leave the bucket on...it looks better than that old bag you are wearing...

stringfelowhawk
01-07-2005, 12:52 AM
God must really love Ozzy.....

As much shit as that guys been through and he's still alive doing it better than 99.9% of the jackasses half his age.

BrownSound1
01-07-2005, 02:14 AM
I think Ozzy and Jake E. Lee need to get back together. I like Zakk and all, but I like Jake better. :D Plus, Zakk does that pinch harmonic squeal just a little too much for my liking.

Mr Badguy
01-07-2005, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
Zakk does that pinch harmonic squeal just a little too much for my liking.

Amen to that.

I thought it was just me that got pissed off about that.

He kicks the arse out of that technique, which is a great technique when used tastefully.

It makes him really hard to listen to and that`s a pity as the guy can really play.

Panamark
01-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Ive heard quite a few Zakk solo tunes that begged for Ozzy's vocals,

agree with ya WACF !

Why cant Ozzy write with Zakk ???

Theres got to be something else going on here.

Agree it would be great to see JAKE E LEE come back !!!
Another "Bark at the Moon" album would be cool...

nosuchluck
01-07-2005, 09:08 AM
lol
he's right about Buckethead being an awesome player...

Mr Badguy
01-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by nosuchluck
lol
he's right about Buckethead being an awesome player...

Yeah, and great with a set of nunchakas and a an awesome bodypopper.

Not!

His playing is really good on the new album he did with Les Claypool, Colonel Claypool`s Bucket of Bernie Brains "Big eyeball in the sky".

It ain`t a chart proposition as it`s too "out there", but some of the arrangements and performances are amazing.

Recommended if you like Zappa or anything psycedelic.

nosuchluck
01-07-2005, 12:00 PM
i've got only 2 Buckethead albums - Electric Tears and Colma.
they're both brilliant - music for relaxation.

Mezro
01-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

Bark at the Moon never gets the respect it deserves.

Mezro...I love Bark at the Moon...when I can't listen to it I piss all over myself...

ODShowtime
01-07-2005, 03:02 PM
gee I got a suggestion Ozzy, how about Tommy Iomi?

Mr Badguy
01-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Bark at the Moon never gets the respect it deserves.

"The ultimate sin" gets less respect and it`s still Ozzy`s biggest seller ever (I think).

After the two Randy albums, that`s probably my favourite.

It`s a lot better than any of the albums that came after it.

"The ultimate sin", "Secret loser", "Shot in the dark", all great songs.

I can even live with "Thank god for the bomb".

Yeah, bring back Jake.

He can`t be up to much anyhow.

DavidLeeNatra
01-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Panamark

yes...saw ozzy live in 1986 with jake e lee on the guitar and he was great!!!

scottydabodi
01-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
I think Ozzy and Jake E. Lee need to get back together. I like Zakk and all, but I like Jake better. :D Plus, Zakk does that pinch harmonic squeal just a little too much for my liking.

YES!!! Jake is the MASTER!! What a fucking RIPPER!! Buckethead is a dumbass... anyone who thinks THAT guy is a great player doesn't know shit about guitar...

FORD
01-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
ozzy needs a guitar player to write with...dave needs one, too...no big thing...

Actually, in Ozzy's case he needs a bass player to write with. Ozzy's best songs were actually written by either Geezer Butler or Bob Daisley.

Panamark
01-09-2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
gee I got a suggestion Ozzy, how about Tommy Iomi?

After my original post, I thought this was the obvious answer...
Why not Tony Iommi ??

Then we can finally get that final Sabbath Album.

ashstralia
01-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Actually, in Ozzy's case he needs a bass player to write with. Ozzy's best songs were actually written by either Geezer Butler or Bob Daisley.

lemmy co-wrote a few
on 'no more tears', too.

DLR_EngineRoom
01-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Ozzy talks about Buckethead

Ozzy Osbourne recently spoke to Revolver magazine about his four-disc retrospective box set, "Prince of Darkness", and the upcoming 10th anniversary edition of his Ozzfest traveling festival, among other topics. Here's the part where he talks about auditioning Buckethead:
---

Revolver: If it's your solo band, what will the lineup be?

Ozzy Osbourne: "One big problem I've got is finding a good guitar player to write with. Nobody plays guitar anymore, they just make a noise. There ain't no fucking rock gods, and even the good guitarists are fucking nuts."

Revolver: What about Zakk Wylde?

Ozzy Osbourne: "He's fucking nuts! It depends on a lot of things. He'll probably be with me. I don't know at this point. I really want to find someone to write with, too."

Revolver: Have you held any auditions?

Ozzy Osbourne: "I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing. I said, 'Look, just be yourself!' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up?' [Laughs] Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker!"

Source(s): Revolver

PMFP@WLMAO

(Pissing my F***ing Pants @ Work, LMAO) That was hilarious!