PDA

View Full Version : without roth or sammy?

livendallas
02-06-2004, 01:19 AM
without david lee roth or sammy hagar would this site ever been conceived? maybe yes maybe no? this site would probally be about who pamela anderson was banging next [kid fucking rock or tommy or how r my kids with ur boyfriend? the truth of the matter is vanhalen is eddie because without eddie there is no vanhalen [unless ur steve vai, jason becker [ god bless] and we would be disscussing whose better randy rhoads or [that euro prickhead yngwie] and beside that ever been to a back to back superbowl parade where about 16,000 cops were at?

Panamark
02-06-2004, 01:36 AM
If Van Halen is just Eddie, then why doesnt Eddie perform alone on stage ? Fuck man, thats stupid.

Dave IS VH
02-06-2004, 01:58 AM
David Lee Roth, is just as importation to Van Halen as Eddie. Dave's vocals, Personality, and humor brought life to the band. Infect, just as many people, went to see Dave, as they did to see Eddie's guitar playing.

mammoth
02-06-2004, 08:53 AM
personaly i think dave was VH.
i love eddy,alex,and mike.but
i've never given any money to
eddy or the boys since the break-up.I have however bought all daves stuff and seen a shit load of live shows.
van halen will never be what it was, without mr. roth

Gmoney
02-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Eddie will be nothing without Roth or Hagar(sad to say), otherwise he would be releasing solo albums that sell as well as VH III.

The classic lineup with Roth will probably never be again and that is the saddest part of this entire soap opera.

knuckleboner
02-06-2004, 09:20 AM
look at any musician who cites van halen as an influence. they ALWAYS cite the original. they may mention that they like the sammy years, too. and some may even say they prefer sammy years. but no artist ever says that they were influenced by van halen during the sammy years.

what van halen had, musically, was ALL of them.

satriani and yngwie might be great guitarists. but the mainstream public doesn't know who they are.

without dave, eddie might be recognized by guitar people as the greatest guitarist ever. but the general public would not know the name, "van halen."

BigBadBrian
02-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
look at any musician who cites van halen as an influence. they ALWAYS cite the original. they may mention that they like the sammy years, too. and some may even say they prefer sammy years. but no artist ever says that they were influenced by van halen during the sammy years.

Yup. :gulp:

Dave's PA Rental
02-06-2004, 08:09 PM
"Wayne L.", "livendallas"...how many alias' do you have here?

rustoffa
02-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
David Lee Roth, is just as importation to Van Halen as Eddie. Dave's vocals, Personality, and humor brought life to the band. Infect, just as many people, went to see Dave, as they did to see Eddie's guitar playing.
You nailed it.I'm sure Ted Templeman knew it too.

DLR7884
02-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
"Wayne L.", "livendallas"...how many alias' do you have here?

Yeah, you think the guy would be smart enough not to write run on sentences with both of his names.

DLR7884
We know they are both you, pedophile!

Cathedral
02-07-2004, 01:33 PM
There is to much thought in the original post to be Wayne. and it makes to much sense as well, no sense i agree with but i doubt it's Wayne.

Anyway, Without Dave or Spam, Edward would have been in makeup playing with KISS and his career would have been over a long time ago.
Ace Frehley would have joined up with Dave and he'd have been the beneficiary of Daves Business Savy...

Either way, Dave would still be the King of ALL frontmen, and Edward would be exactly what he is today.......A Joke, but with clogged pores from face paint.

SIMONE
02-07-2004, 06:01 PM
all i know is that,when i hear the name van halen i think of dave.not the" troll" fatty gaygar.
as for edward, my man would have"without a doubt" made his spot in rock. but,dave absolutely shot all the boys from VH into the outer limits of stardom.
heres to the best frontman ever!:gulp::D

Foozwah
02-08-2004, 06:09 PM
No Dave, no VH. Simple as that. Eddie would be less well known than any of the Yngwies and Vais of 'widdly-widdly' guitar-wank world.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. ;)

alexpgrimes
02-08-2004, 10:59 PM
The first time I heard Runnin' with the Devil it blew me away. Not just eddie's guitar playing, but the whole band. Without Dave Van halen wouldn't of been such a musical machine. Without Eddie the band wouldn't of made it either. My opinion is that it was codependency. They would not have been anything without each other.

Panamark
02-09-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by alexpgrimes
The first time I heard Runnin' with the Devil it blew me away. Not just eddie's guitar playing, but the whole band. Without Dave Van halen wouldn't of been such a musical machine. Without Eddie the band wouldn't of made it either. My opinion is that it was codependency. They would not have been anything without each other.

Totally agree... (I think Running with the Devil was the first song for me too) Eddie's guitaring was legendary, as was Dave's melodie's lyrics and Showmanship. Put together it was unstoppable !

FORD
02-09-2004, 03:51 PM
"Without Roth, those arena seats would only be half full" - Eddie Van Halen, 1983.

Since you sheep take Eddie's word for everything, there ya go!

Bob_R
02-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by FORD
"Without Roth, those arena seats would only be half full" - Eddie Van Halen, 1983.

I may use that one. :) Somewhere. :D

Mr Badguy
02-09-2004, 05:03 PM
DLR is VH.

Those arena seats would be more than half empty, Mr Van Halen.