PDA

View Full Version : Quiznos Subs commercials

Flash Bastard
02-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Talk about a strange trip. Two bug eyed creatures sing the praises of sub sandwiches.

Whenever these spots air I'm totally glued to the TV. It's hard to explain why, perhaps if any of you have seen the commercials you'll know what I'm talking about.

It's the most effective commercial I've seen in years.

livendallas
02-06-2004, 02:02 AM
dude i couldn't tell u who paid for that commercial but as far as i could tell , it was afucked up eyed rabbit singing to a mouse . hey anyways to make the commercial probally cost 25 grand , but to no [who are the dipshits that paid 2 million to put on air ,totaly assinnine[spell check] WHAT A COMMERCIAL WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!

Viking
02-17-2004, 10:03 PM
The commercial might be a waste of time, but Quiznos subs rock!

:killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

alexpgrimes
02-17-2004, 10:05 PM
I think they're mutated hamsters...lol

High Life Man
02-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Their radio commercials are just as bad. It's a lady talking about how she has a coupon for $2 off neutering her dog. But if she takes the coupon into Quizno's, they'll give her a $1 off a sub.

Mmmm....just thinking about a dog getting his doo-dads whacked makes me want to go out and enjoy a tasty, toasted sub.

WTF?

Little Texan
02-17-2004, 10:55 PM
The first time I saw that commercial, the sight of those creatures made my stomach turn...not a good thing if you're a food chain whose intention is to make someone want to buy your product. I sure wasn't running out and buying a Quizno Sub the first time I saw that spot!The first few times, the commercial was weird, but now they are getting pretty fucking annoying having to listen to that off key singing every time that commercial comes on! That thing sings almost as bad as Sammy Hagar!

twonabomber
02-17-2004, 11:07 PM
the Quiznos commercial with the guy sucking on the wolf tit didn't do much for me either.

Little Texan
02-17-2004, 11:17 PM
I did a little research on the net, and would you believe those things are actually supposed to be monkeys? Here's where they came from, and if you're annoyed by that Quizno's ad, this will really torment the living hell out of you!

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

Ally_Kat
02-17-2004, 11:35 PM
i love those commercials, but I'm weird like that

Flash Bastard
02-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
the Quiznos commercial with the guy sucking on the wolf tit didn't do much for me either.

Oh, I know. I found that commercial very disturbing.

Flash Bastard
02-18-2004, 12:00 AM
One thing is certain, it grabs your attention and holds it.

Little Texan says it's supposed to be monkeys being portrayed and he's right. The Quizno's website confirms it.

I just can't see how those things are monkeys. They look more like dead guinea pigs than anything.

The alternating eyeball bulging is almost hypnotic and really creepy.

Panamark
02-18-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Little Texan
I did a little research on the net, and would you believe those things are actually supposed to be monkeys? Here's where they came from, and if you're annoyed by that Quizno's ad, this will really torment the living hell out of you!

Ive never seen these Advertisements, We only have Subway SUBs in OZ. (Though Im sure Quiznos will be on its way). But that link was farken funny. :D

We Love THA MOON !!

Viking
02-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Dude, Quiznos makes Subway suck shit. :D :D :D

Panamark
02-18-2004, 02:08 AM
I hope they come our way then, Subways are very bland...

twonabomber
02-18-2004, 02:22 AM
one odd thing about me...if i don't like the commercials, i won't patronize the business. unless they get some T&A in their commercials, i ain't eating at Quiznos. :D

Little Texan
02-18-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I hope they come our way then, Subways are very bland...

I agree...the bread always tastes stale, and they're way overpriced. Do you have Schlotzsky's in Oz? Now there's a tasty sandwich! They're way overpriced, too, but they taste soooooo gooooood that I don't mind paying the high price.

Panamark
02-18-2004, 04:31 AM
G'day Little T,

No Schlotzsky's in Oz unfortunately. Sounds killer. I dont mind paying extra for good quality sangers myself. Fark, maybe we are going get both Quiznos and Schlotzsky's ? We just got Krispy Kreme. But Im not
really a doughnut kinda guy. This is making me hungry !

Little Texan
02-18-2004, 05:40 AM
Here's the sandwich I'm talking about.

http://www.schlotzskys.com/menu_item_the_original.html

Ally_Kat
02-18-2004, 10:19 AM
I agree...the bread always tastes stale, and they're way overpriced. .

Dude, I went to get a wrap for lunch figuring it would be warm and cheaper than what I could get in the cafeteria here in school. It was small and did nothing for me. So now I get the school's chicken wraps just cuz it's way cheaper and tastes better.

DlocRoth
02-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Ever hear of Jimmy John's? Now that's a fucking sub.

BigBadBrian
02-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Viking
Dude, Quiznos makes Subway suck shit. :D :D :D

Never had a Quiznos but they look good. I guess I need to haul my ass over to the one store here in town and get one. Subways are like eating a bread sandwich.

Panamark
02-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Here's the sandwich I'm talking about.

http://www.schlotzskys.com/menu_item_the_original.html

Now Im definately hungry ! :)
They look really good.

High Life Man
02-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Ever hear of Jimmy John's? Now that's a fucking sub.

Damn tasty.

I think they have Big Mike's in your neck of the woods too.

twonabomber
02-18-2004, 06:51 PM
we have Jersey Mike's and Dave's Cosmic Subs. both are pretty good.

Dave's Cosmic is a local chain. another good local chain is Papa Joe's.

thebuldawg
02-18-2004, 10:39 PM

AHHHHH!!!!! WTF! It's stuck in my head now! Someone, please make it stop!:matrix:

FORD
02-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Never had a Quiznos but they look good. I guess I need to haul my ass over to the one store here in town and get one. Subways are like eating a bread sandwich.

Quiznos gimmick is that they toast the entire sandwich, rather than just nuke the meat like they do at Subway. it makes a difference in the taste.

Aw shit the commercials on right now!

Those uhhhhwhatever the fuck they're supposed to be, remind me of the "Viking Kitten" videos.

http://www.public.asu.edu/~mharp/viking_kittens/VikingKitten.htm

Ally_Kat
02-19-2004, 01:39 AM
i will never be able to listen to that song with a straight face ever again.

Panamark
02-19-2004, 03:24 PM
They are very funny in a bent kinda way. Hey Flash Bastard, they could be your children ! (After looking at your avatar)

Flash Bastard
02-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Hey Flash Bastard, they could be your children ! (After looking at your avatar)

Oh yeah, the resemblance is uncanny.....

Viking
02-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Oh, man how could I forget Schlotzsky's? Panamark, you gotta start a campaign to get these franchises into Oz. Then you can be as fat and sated as us Americans. LOL :D

Panamark
02-20-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Oh yeah, the resemblance is uncanny.....

LMAO ! See, they really are your children !

Panamark
02-20-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Viking
Oh, man how could I forget Schlotzsky's? Panamark, you gotta start a campaign to get these franchises into Oz. Then you can be as fat and sated as us Americans. LOL :D

They both look more appetizing than Subways. Dunno if I'll be "Still Looking Good" in a Jared kinda way after eating a shitload of them, though :)

Switch84
02-21-2004, 02:06 PM
:eek: :confused: That commercial is truly weird to say the least! And what's with the thick Latino accent? HAHAHA, it did make me laugh.

:D I prefer Subway subs, btw.

Flash Bastard
02-22-2004, 11:48 PM
I only eat at Subway whenever I want a unsanitary, clueless teen with 5 facial piercings to cough on my sandwich. Same goes with McDonalds.

The local holes in the wall are the best, I think. Screw the chains.

Banana peppers?!?! WTF is that shit?

Smells like pickles but tastes like ass.

Yeah.

Wayne L.
02-24-2004, 08:18 AM
The Quiznos Subs commercial is one of the worst annoying TV commercials I have ever seen.

Sarge
02-24-2004, 08:28 AM
It makes me think that their subs are infected with Rat turds or something.
I wonder who green lighted those?