PDA

View Full Version : The Jets Upset!

Nickdfresh
01-09-2005, 12:18 AM
The New York Jets win? I wasn't expecting this one. But San Diego pulled a wide right! I know what that feels like.

aesop
01-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
The New York Jets win? I wasn't expecting this one. But San Diego pulled a wide right! I know what that feels like.

Heinz field awaits...

...It will be looked at as a forgettable franchise moment :)

ALinChainz
01-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Edwards, Jets' Assistant Spar on Sideline

SAN DIEGO - Jets coach Herman Edwards got into a shouting match with running backs coach Bishop Harris during the third quarter of their 20-17 overtime victory over San Diego on Saturday night.

The two nearly came to blows during a series toward the end of the third quarter. Though Edwards declined to specify why they were arguing, at the time of the fight LaMont Jordan was carrying the ball instead of NFL rushing champion Curtis Martin.

Fullback Jerald Sowell had to restrain the two coaches. After walking away, Harris said something else and Edwards turned back toward his assistant.

"That's family emotions coming out in a playoff game, and that's good," Edwards said. "He's a heck of a football coach, that was an incident, it's over with, and we're fine."

Offensive coordinator Paul Hackett said the Jets had 12-15 new plays in featuring Martin and Jordan in at the same time, though it was unclear whether that had anything to do with the argument. During the series, Jordan subbed in for Martin after Martin had two big back-to-back plays, a 10-yard run and 23-yard catch.

The Jets ended up settling for a 42-yard field goal from Doug Brien to go up 17-7. Harris was unavailable for comment.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by aesop
Heinz field awaits...

...It will be looked at as a forgettable franchise moment :)

Although I would have loved to play against the Chargers, this will suffice, assuming the Broncos don't pull the upset (that I REALLY would love).....

The funny thing is, we won the first game 17-6, and we really played like shit....

This was the game that was 3-3 going into the 4th quarter, and was also the game that the Steelers tried to start Duce when his hammy wasn't ready to return...... So the Bus really only got a half to get going.... This was also one of the games that Plaxico was out for....

So, let's just see how things turn out in front of that frentic crowd....

ALinChainz
01-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Ripping Shottenheimer today for their game plan and not attempting the field goal on 3rd down.

Helluva regular season for the Chargers.

Bob_R
01-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Great game. Too bad it even had to go to OT.

ALinChainz
01-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Both games were pretty good.

Looking foward to today's.

Maybe the Broncos fare a little better this season in Indy.

And the Green Bay - Minnesota game ...

at Lambeau ... in the cold ... Favre ... Moss ...

Oh hell yeah ... :D

Fairwrning
01-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Im still trying to figure out why they even played this game...what a waste of time..no way ..no matter who won..no chance of either team going any further..

Nickdfresh
01-09-2005, 12:38 PM
As primarily a Bills fan, this makes me depressed. They spanked the Jets both games and I am wondering, and have heard, that SD was an overrated 13-3 team with a weak schedule.

ALinChainz
01-09-2005, 12:50 PM
or a 12-4 team that was overrated.

:D

Figs
01-09-2005, 01:12 PM
They spanked the Jets both games...

Uh no, they went 1-1. The Bills won by 5 at home in the game Pennington was injured.

Nickdfresh
01-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Uh no, they went 1-1. The Bills won by 5 at home in the game Pennington was injured.

Oops, my bad, you are correct.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-09-2005, 08:03 PM
As primarily a Bills fan, this makes me depressed. They spanked the Jets both games and I am wondering, and have heard, that SD was an overrated 13-3 team with a weak schedule.

All the Bills had to do was beat a bunch of backups, and they couldn't even do that....