PDA

View Full Version : BOV1 and etc

amszete
02-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Sup guys,

I have been following this forum for some time but I haven't read anything about what DLR fans thought of the BOV1 with the 2 bonus tracks which VH recrorded with Dave. I know BOV1 was done in 1996 and maybe Dave was a little more money back then with concern to his singing voice - but I thought it kicked major ass. I actually prefer to listen to those two songs rather than any of the other songs on that album. Also do you notice that Ed's guitar playing totally takes a turn for the better when he plays with DLR. Next time you listen to BOV1 - do it all of the way through and notice how Eddie kicks ass and doesn't hold back when it is Classic VH stuff and then when he plays with Sammy he just takes a backseat until you come to final two songs he produced with DLR. Then you get the no BS guitar/singing that we all know and love.

As far as the reunion stuff. I think it is all BS. I don't think even the band members of VH know what they want and haven't for almost a decade when Sammy left.

All of what you hear about VH is speculation - and that's all it will be.

knuckleboner
02-06-2004, 01:34 PM
actually, most of us who've seen dave in concert this summer or last think that his voice has IMPROVED since the 90s.

however, while there are varying degrees, most of us dave fans really like the two new dave VH songs on BOV1. but, unfortunately, unless dave gets back together with VH, we'll probably never get to hear them done live.

amszete
02-06-2004, 01:59 PM
I am glad to hear that his voice is actually better! I was actually making an unfair assumption about DLR's voice based on what I have heard. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to see him in concert but I am sooo looking forward to it when he performs near me sometime in the future. Anyways so what do you guys/gals think of his last two songs on BOV1? Also, do you think DLR or Eddie and Co. read any of these posts?

FORD
02-06-2004, 04:35 PM
There's no doubt that even in the Danniels-driven fucked up atmosphere of 1996, the chemistry of Dave & Eddie as Van HALEN returned long enough to make two tracks which completely destroyed anything Van Hagar did in the entire previous 11 years.

Anyone who says otherwise is a sheep :D

flappo
02-06-2004, 04:56 PM
..ford is correct

Igosplut
02-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Flappo is correct.....

Gmoney
02-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Everybody is correct!!!