PDA

View Full Version : Retarded Kennedy Dies

BigBadBrian
01-10-2005, 07:24 PM
WASHINGTON Jan 7, 2005 — Rosemary Kennedy, a sister of John F. Kennedy who was born mentally retarded and lived most of her life in an institution after undergoing a lobotomy, died Friday, her family said. She was 86.

Kennedy, the inspiration for the Special Olympics spearheaded by the Kennedy family, had been a patient since 1949 at St. Coletta School for Exceptional Children in Jefferson, Wis. She was the third child and first daughter of Joseph and Rose Kennedy, born a year after former President John Kennedy.

In 1941, Joseph Kennedy, worried his daughter's mild mental retardation would lead her into situations that could damage the family's reputation, arranged for Rosemary to have a lobotomy. She was 23.

"Rosemary was a woman, and there was a dread fear of pregnancy, disease and disgrace," author Laurence Leamer wrote in his book "The Kennedy Women: The Saga of an American Family." He wrote that Rosemary, whose retardation possibly stemmed from brain damage at birth, had taken to sneaking out of the convent where she was staying at the time.

Doctors told Joe Kennedy that a lobotomy, a medical procedure in which the frontal lobes of a patient's brain are scraped away, would help his daughter, Rosemary's younger sister, Eunice Kennedy Shriver, recalled later.

Psychosurgery was in its infancy at the time, and only a few hundred lobotomies had been performed. The procedure was believed to be a way to relieve serious mental disorders. Leamer wrote that Rosemary was "probably the first person with mental retardation in America to receive a prefrontal lobotomy."

But Rosemary was reduced to an infant-like state, mumbling words and sitting for hours staring at walls, Leamer wrote.

BigBadBrian
01-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Here's a link to the original article since some will probably bitch about my thread title.

Retarded Kennedy Sister Dies at 86 (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=394760)

ODShowtime
01-10-2005, 07:43 PM
tasteless yet interesting

Nickdfresh
01-10-2005, 07:48 PM
The hidden Kennedy.

FORD
01-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Actually I had forgotten all about the existence of the mentally challenged sister, and figured she had died years ago. I did know she was the inspiration for the Special Olympics however.

LoungeMachine
01-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Actually I had forgotten all about the existence of the mentally challenged sister, and figured she had died years ago. I did know she was the inspiration for the Special Olympics however.

SHE may have been the "inspiration" for the Special Olympics but BBB is still their Poster Boy:D

DEMON CUNT
01-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Typical. More hate speech from a right-wing douche bag.

BigBland wouldn't think this was so funny if one of his kids was disabled.

LoungeMachine
01-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT

You're making 2 assumptions, dude.

1 - BBlandB could get a woman

2 - BBlandB could get a woman pregnant

:D

DEMON CUNT
01-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
You're making 2 assumptions, dude.

1 - BBlandB could get a woman

2 - BBlandB could get a woman pregnant

:D

Actually BBB is a hermaphrodite. (S)he butt fucked her/him self a good one and a couple flipper babies came out of her/his pink puckered vagina-lika anus!

Praise Baby Jesus! It's a miricle!

Flash Bastard
01-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Abuse of the disabled... by her own family. That's great.

I wonder what other skeletons the Kennedy family are hiding in the closet.

And I'm not referring to Maria Shriver.

BrownSound1
01-11-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm a Republican and I don't like the thread title...not cool.

Ally_Kat
01-11-2005, 03:14 AM
I don't see where Brian is making fun of her. That was the title of the article.

ashstralia
01-11-2005, 03:27 AM
i wonder how many
'medical' procedures
were carried out needlessly
in ANY country in the early
part of last century.

and not just on kids
with well known surnames....

BigBadBrian
01-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT

One of my kids is disabled...you. You have a non-existent brain. ;)

DEMON CUNT
01-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
One of my kids is disabled...you. You have a non-existent brain.

Whatever.

More lies and hate from a Republican.