Nickdfresh
01-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Roadside bomb kills 2 U.S. soldiers
By NICK WADHAMS
Associated Press
1/11/2005
http://www.clash-of-steel.co.uk/gallery/pages/full/1GWK12_Burning.jpg
Associated Press
Iraqis examine the wreckage after a car bomb exploded Monday in Baqouba, Iraq, while a U.S. military convoy was passing. No one was injured. Related photo on the Picture Page, C10.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - For the second time in less than a week, a roadside bomb Monday destroyed a heavily armored Bradley Fighting Vehicle, killing two U.S. soldiers, injuring four others and indicating that insurgents have increased the power of the explosives they are using against American troops.
Hours earlier, gunmen in a passing car had assassinated Baghdad's deputy police chief and his son while they drove to work. Al-Qaida in Iraq, the group led by Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, claimed responsibility for the shootings, part of a campaign targeting Iraq's security forces.

American officials have cautioned that insurgents seeking to scuttle elections, scheduled for Jan. 30, will escalate attacks.

After a roadside bomb struck a Bradley on Thursday, killing seven soldiers, the Defense Department warned that militants had begun using larger, more powerful bombs.

Monday's attack in southwest Baghdad followed the same pattern.

"It's fair to say that they are afraid of the elections, they are afraid of what the outcome will be, and they want to do everything they can to derail that process because that's just one more step toward their demise," said Lt. Col. James Hutton, U.S. military spokesman. "This is probably an indication of their increase in effort and investment to derail the vote."

The attack was one of several acts of major violence Monday.

A suicide attacker detonated a bomb in a fake police car at a police station courtyard in Baghdad, killing at least four officers and injuring 10 during a shift change, police and witnesses said.

A roadside bombing killed three Iraqi National Guard soldiers and injured six during a joint patrol with U.S. troops in the restive northern city of Mosul, said Maj. Andre Hance, a U.S. military spokesman. The Americans, he said, suffered no casualties.

Sunni Arabs, who account for about 20 percent of Iraq's estimated 26 million people, say the country is far too dangerous for the vote later this month, and many are refusing to take part. Failure by the Sunni Arabs to participate would undermine the election's credibility.

But the United States rejected a request by Sunni Muslim clerics to spell out a timetable for withdrawing troops from Iraq in exchange for calling off their boycott of the elections, said Bob Callahan, U.S. Embassy spokesman.

A number of election officials and government leaders have fallen victim to brutal terror attacks, and many have received death threats. The most prominent victim in recent weeks was Ali al-Haidari, governor of Baghdad, who was slain last Tuesday with six bodyguards.

Monday, attackers shot and killed Brig. Amer Ali Nayef, Baghdad's deputy police chief, and his son, Lt. Khalid Amer, also a police officer. They were slain in Baghdad's Dora district while traveling in a car on their way to work, said Capt. Ahmed Ismail, Interior Ministry spokesman.

In other developments Monday, a day after an explosion killed eight Ukrainian soldiers in Iraq, the government said it would pull out its 1,650-member force by the middle of this year.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The insurgents are using even more powerful explosives capable of devastating our heaviest armor. Are these the explosives that were stolen under the noses of the U.S. Military?

Nickdfresh
01-11-2005, 11:23 PM
I'll find the thread, but was not the theft of tons of explosives by the Iraqi insurgents at al-Qaat an election issue? Did not people in this very forum tell us that this issue was bullshit? Are these the plastic explosives killing our people as well as Iraqi civilians in the current War?

Does anyone realize how difficult it is to destroy a Bradley (Infantry) Fighting Vehicle?

I await comments!

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 01:32 AM
The Iraqis are voting with these explosives.

kentuckyklira
01-12-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
The Iraqis are voting with these explosives. Yep, in a nutshell!

See my sig!

BigBadBrian
01-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Yep, in a nutshell!

See my sig!

Your sig is as revolting as your country and your government. :gulp:

kentuckyklira
01-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Your sig is as revolting as your country and your government. :gulp: So, whatīs revolting about my country and my government?

BigBadBrian
01-12-2005, 09:03 AM
So, whatīs revolting about my country and my government?

I'm glad you asked.

I took a political science class last fall. The class was taught by a German professor educated both in Germany and the UK. She went to Munich, I believe, during the Presidential election break and came back with an amazing report. Germans don't read very much or think for themselves. Their worldview opinions were formed with what their local newspapers told them. Some may may make that claim here in the US, but I really don't think that is the case.

Furthermore, papers basically say what the government want them to. All are basically slanted to the left and are currently anti-US.

The US provides the bulk of the NATO forces in Europe and Germany.

Its time you guys started footing the bill for your own defense.

We can't blame Germany for not participating in the war in Iraq, can we? After all, the Germans had massive monetary investments with Saddam. All that was at risk with a war. Greed before justice, after all. Let the Kurds and Shiites go to their graves.

Let's also not forget it was the Germans who built Saddams extensive bunker and fortification network. Contrary to popular belief in the Media, Russia, China, and France was Saddams leading arms supplier, not the US.

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Your sig is as revolting as your country and your government.

Doh! I am going to have to side with the BigBlandBrain on that one. (Except I have no reason hate Germany or it's government.)

I hate this fake war because I don't want to see anyone die. Iraqi and American alike.

(BBB- why do you hate Germany?)

Nickdfresh
01-12-2005, 10:26 AM
I've had a question about the sig. as well, I love Germany and respect it's government. But I will not cheer for a movement that indiscriminately kills civilians with bombing attacks and extorts people into suicide bombings by threatening their families. The French resistance these guys are not!

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Germans don't read very much or think for themselves. Their worldview opinions were formed with what their local newspapers told them. Some may may make that claim here in the US, but I really don't think that is the case.

Furthermore, papers basically say what the government want them to. All are basically slanted to the left and are currently anti-US.

Let's also not forget it was the Germans who built Saddams extensive bunker and fortification network. Contrary to popular belief in the Media, Russia, China, and France was Saddams leading arms supplier, not the US.

Good Lord! What the fuck?

Such a sweeping generalization about Germans! The American media often does the same thing- as in the old art of propaganda.

You really need to back up these sorts of statements. Talk is cheap! Tirades such as this are exactly why I take you to task on what you say here!

kentuckyklira
01-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Wow, a college student!!
I got my university degree in economics 12 years ago!

BTW, your professor gave you a load of BS, you ought to ask for your money back!

I took a political science class last fall. The class was taught by a German professor educated both in Germany and the UK. She went to Munich, I believe, during the Presidential election break and came back with an amazing report. Germans don't read very much or think for themselves. Their worldview opinions were formed with what their local newspapers told them. Germanyīs most widely distributed newspapers are all national ones and not local. Look it up, Tabloid is BILD and serious is Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.

Furthermore, papers basically say what the government want them to. All are basically slanted to the left and are currently anti-US. Germanyīs top two newspapers are both very conservative. #3 is rather left wing and then again #s 4 and 5 are conservative. So 4 of the top 5 German newspapers are hardly friends of our government!

The US provides the bulk of the NATO forces in Europe and Germany. Hardly. Wasnīt so before Iraq and certainly isnīt so anymore! Turkey actually provides the bulk.

Its time you guys started footing the bill for your own defense.
Weīve actually been doing so since the early 70s.

Let the Kurds and Shiites go to their graves. Your ally Turkey is the major Kurd killer in the region. And mind I remind you of how the USA encouraged the shiites to revolt 1991 and then let them down to be slaughtered by Saddamīs troops.

Let's also not forget it was the Germans who built Saddams extensive bunker and fortification network. And the USA that provided Iraq with technology and material for chemical weapons and the intelligence to deploy them in the Iran/Iraq war. Plus, the US outrage over Saddamīs gasing the Kurds didnīt start until he (Saddam) stopped being a US ally!

Jeez, it sure is easy to OWN you!

kentuckyklira
01-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I've had a question about the sig. as well, I love Germany and respect it's government. But I will not cheer for a movement that indiscriminately kills civilians with bombing attacks and extorts people into suicide bombings by threatening their families. The French resistance these guys are not! My sig refers to Iraqis trying to get an occupying force out of their country. It doesnīt refer to Jordanians, Syrians, Iranians, Saudi Arabians taking the advantage of the situation to promote terror.

I too donīt want anyone to die. But because Iīm not American I see no difference in dead Iraqis and dead Americans. All in all if people have to die, Iīd rather it was those currently engaged in illegally occupying a harmless third world country to satisfy the greed of a selfish and corrupt government, than those who donīt have a choice but to live where they were born.

Plus, sadly, the more the US forces get into trouble over there, the less probable it is that this kind of madness happens again soon (need I mention Iran, Syria etc.?), unltimately saving lots of lives, American and others!

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 10:50 AM
OH, SNAP!

BigBland gets served up with another plate of his own steaming bullshit! How's that taste BigBland??? Ha Ha Ha!

I love how BBB tried to tell a German all about Germany! American Uber Alles Ego at it's fucking finest.

THANK YOU kentuckyklira!!!

(but kentuckyklira, you probably should change your sig. Maybe find another way to make your point?)

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 11:00 AM
This is where BBB typically drops out of the discussion or he goes and starts to insult you in other threads.

Oh yeah, I forgot to throw this one up...

kentuckyklira
01-12-2005, 11:03 AM
OH, SNAP!

BigBland gets served up with another plate of his own steaming bullshit! How's that taste BigBland??? Ha Ha Ha!

I love how BBB tried to tell a German all about Germany! American Uber Alles Ego at it's fucking finest.

THANK YOU kentuckyklira!!!

(but kentuckyklira, you probably should change your sig. Maybe find another way to make your point?) Thanks!

But sorry, I like my sig. I donīt care for beating around the bush or political correctness!

ODShowtime
01-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks!

But sorry, I like my sig. I donīt care for beating around the bush or political correctness!

Well, it's not going to win you any friends here, but I think you clearly articulated your point. Why would you give a shit who dies between an American and an Iraqi?

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Thanks!

I understand what you are saying and I am not one to beat around the Bush either. It just seems as though you are calling for more death and distruction as a means to stopping the death and distruction.

Nickdfresh
01-12-2005, 11:41 AM

I too donīt want anyone to die. But because Iīm not American I see no difference in dead Iraqis and dead Americans. All in all if people have to die, Iīd rather it was those currently engaged in illegally occupying a harmless third world country to satisfy the greed of a selfish and corrupt government, than those who donīt have a choice but to live where they were born.

I see. You articulate your points well and make sense. I did not support the U.S. invasion and think it's conduct was poorly planned and executed. I also do I support the occupation, in its current form at least. But I do have moral quams about the methodologies of indiscriminate bombings and summary executions that are conducted even by the indigenous groups such as the "Army of God." I also fear tht the result of a quick U.S. exit would be a catastrophic civil war which almost seems like an inevinviability.

Plus, sadly, the more the US forces get into trouble over there, the less probable it is that this kind of madness happens again soon (need I mention Iran, Syria etc.?), unltimately saving lots of lives, American and others!

I think that has been taken care of. Bush's monomaniacal, counterproductive thinking (i.e. The Axis of Evil) is now widely discredited here. The acute manpower shortage in the U.S. Armed Forces is also extremely inhibiting to anymore adventurism (We'd be in serious trouble if North Korea decides to invade anytime soon).

My sig refers to Iraqis trying to get an occupying force out of their country. It doesnīt refer to Jordanians, Syrians, Iranians, Saudi Arabians taking the advantage of the situation to promote terror.

I think the only solution now is some form of negotiated settlement such as has taken place in Angola & El Salvador where the insurgents formed power sharing arrangements with the governments on every level including militarily (the rebel & gov't armies unified in each case).

BigBadBrian
01-12-2005, 01:18 PM

Yep. You're FORD alright. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
01-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Yep, in a nutshell!

See my sig!

Your sig is:

Hooray for Iraqi resistance!

No matter if an American supported or opposed this war, they should support American troops in Iraq at this time.

All real Americans on this Board should be opposed to this signature and what you said. You are sympathetic to the enemy. The owner of the board is currently in Iraq.

You are the ENEMY. Fuck You.

:fu: :upyours: :gun::mad2: :fucku:

kentuckyklira
01-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Your sig is:

Hooray for Iraqi resistance!

No matter if an American supported or opposed this war, they should support American troops in Iraq at this time.

All real Americans on this Board should be opposed to this signature and what you said. You are sympathetic to the enemy. The owner of the board is currently in Iraq.

You are the ENEMY. Fuck You.

:fu: :upyours: :gun::mad2: :fucku: Thatīs exactly what Adolf Hitler and Josef Goebbels told my ancestors!

Give it a thought, if youīre brainīs capable of it!

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey kentuckyklira,

Notice how BBB resorts to this kinda bullshit after you kick his ass? Too bad. Kinda makes all of us Americans look like morons. This is typical of reactionary right-wing dummies. They react with anger and violence.

The ironic thing is that he thinks he is supporting the troops by supporting the war. Our troops are sitting ducks and dying daily. It's too bad really.

Nickdfresh
01-12-2005, 03:15 PM
I have much more of a problem with people that put our troops in harms way FOR NOTHING!