PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Health Nazis attempt to squash smoking in Quebec.

Pontius Pilate
01-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Dear leftist adversaries. You claim to the be the vanguards of choice; The exhibitors of unlimited tolerance. Yet, where ever you gain control, you begin to impose your Marxist morality on others. If you tolerate other life styles, if you believe we should choose what we do with OUR bodies, why are you banning smoking in private areas? Here is the latest tyranny -

Health minister wants anti-smoking law by spring

QUEBEC CITY - Quebec's Health Minister hopes to see a total ban on smoking in force in all public places within a year.

Philippe Couillard released plans Tuesday to consult Quebecers over the next few months. He says he hopes to pass a new law by the spring.
The health minister admits Quebec is known as the last haven for smokers in Canada. One in four people over 15 still smoke, compared to the Canadian average of one in five.
But Couillard says the percentage of smokers in Quebec has dropped by 11 per cent in the last six years.
The province first introduced legislation to limit smoking in public places six years ago, but it is not as wide-ranging as anti-smoking laws in place in other provinces.

Quebec's legislation gave restaurants a decade to erect specially ventilated smoking areas and continues to allow unlimited smoking in bars.

Couillard says there's a new consensus in Quebec that it's time to crack down.

"We are going to go as far as we can in controlling smoking," he says.

Among the issues the health ministry will have to address will be whether to ban smoking outdoors in the immediate vicinity of government buildings — places office workers now congregate for a quick smoke.

Couillard also would consider banning smoking from all school grounds in an effort to prevent young people from pursuing the tobacco habit.

Couillard plans to consult depanneur owners, restaurant and bar associations and other groups over the winter

Angel
01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
People can put what they want in their bodies - it's the second-hand smoke that's an issue.

I'm a smoker, and I agree 100% with smoking bans.

knuckleboner
01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
here's the problem with smoking:

on the 1 hand, it has tremendous health care costs. those costs are subsidized by non-smokers, who pay higher premiums in their insurance.

is that fair?

on the other hand, once we start down the road of charging different health insurance rates based on various factors, it starts getting dangerous. is it fair to effectively deny somebody affordable health insurance because the company requires a DNA test that shows that you have a predisposition towards cancer?

it's not an easy issue.

Angel
01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
We all have Health Care in Canada. Don't have to worry about those insurance costs! :D

BigBadBrian
01-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Angel
We all have Health Care in Canada. Don't have to worry about those insurance costs! :D

Just the bean counters deciding your worth and whether or not your life is valuable or not to justify the cost of that surgery. :gulp:

DEMON CUNT
01-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Just the bean counters deciding your worth and whether or not your life is valuable or not to justify the cost of that surgery.

Yeah, just like American insurance companies denying pancreas transplants, experimental treatments and the like.

You can smoke in my living room if I can shit in yours!

ODShowtime
01-11-2005, 06:09 PM
it's easy to quit when the damn things just go away. but they never go away.

BigBadBrian
01-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Yeah, just like American insurance companies denying pancreas transplants, experimental treatments and the like.

:confused:

FORD
01-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Smoking should be illegal inside of any building open to the public. Offices, malls, restaraunts, bars, whatever.

No more special rights for drug addicts. Especially ones whose habits endanger others' lives.

BigBadBrian
01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Smoking should be illegal inside of any building open to the public. Offices, malls, restaraunts, bars, whatever.

No more special rights for drug addicts. Especially ones whose habits endanger others' lives.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Angel
01-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Just the bean counters deciding your worth and whether or not your life is valuable or not to justify the cost of that surgery. :gulp:

BULLSHIT! Yes, there are waiting lists for ELECTIVE sugery. The reason WHY there are waits is that life and death procedures take precedence over electives.

DEMON CUNT
01-11-2005, 06:25 PM
:confused:

Confused BBB? Never had a family member or friend denied care by their insurance company?

What kind of bubble do you live in?

BigBadBrian
01-11-2005, 06:25 PM
BULLSHIT! Yes, there are waiting lists for ELECTIVE sugery. The reason WHY there are waits is that life and death procedures take precedence over electives.

Nope. I've heard the Canadian horror stories. The Death Committees...deciding who lives...who dies. Frightening. :eek:

DEMON CUNT
01-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Nope. I've heard the Canadian horror stories. The Death Committees...deciding who lives...who dies. Frightening.

Heard from who? The 'liberal' American media?

Angel
01-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
Heard from who? The 'liberal' American media?

Must be CUNT... Sure is far from the truth.

Perhaps we should talk about the 45 MILLION US citizens who don't have any health insurance whatsoever! ;)

BigBadBrian
01-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Must be CUNT... Sure is far from the truth.

Perhaps we should talk about the 45 MILLION US citizens who don't have any health insurance whatsoever! ;)

I'm just messing with you Angel. ;)

DEMON CUNT
01-11-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm just messing with you Angel.

Uh-huh! Look at BigBland backpedal!

ODShowtime
01-11-2005, 07:07 PM
I was gonna say that

Angel
01-12-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm just messing with you Angel. ;)

C'mon hon! You can do better than that. ;)

Mess with me? No sweetheart, that would NEVER HAPPEN! :D

Denny
01-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Smoking is GOOD for people. Smoking keeps peoples stress levels down.

BigBadBrian
01-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Denny

I hope you have a three pack a day habit and make your wife pay for it. Shop for your cigs at the most expensive places. :gulp:

Denny
01-12-2005, 09:22 PM
I hope you have a three pack a day habit and make your wife pay for it. Shop for your cigs at the most expensive places. :gulp:

You HATE everyone don't you?????

Why can't people on this site be happy and get along with one another??

Nickdfresh
01-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Denny

Smoke away Denny! Camel unfiltereds for you!:smoke2: