PDA

View Full Version : BOVII Will Dave be on it ?

Panamark
02-06-2004, 08:34 PM
According to that indisputable source of credible Van Halen information, Melodicrock, The record company is pushing to have an unreleased Dave track on the upcoming BOVII.

What do you guys reckon? Personally I think Spammy would get all menstrual over this. It would be killer if we could get a hold of the 2000 reunion tracks. Anyone believe this shit ??

ELVIS
02-06-2004, 08:36 PM
~No!~

<marquee direction=right>:elvis:</marquee>

Viking
02-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Let's put it this way - if you were just taking a look at released[ material, there's more unmined gold in Dave's seven years than Sammy's eleven. And from a business standpoint, any sane record company exec would want both eras represented, to maximize fan appeal. A new Dave song or two would definitely boost sales.

Little Texan
02-06-2004, 09:26 PM
I hope they do throw in those "turn back the clock" tunes from 2000. That would be awesome! BTW, what record label would melodiCROCK be referring to? Last I heard, VH was without a label, and have been for some time. I don't take a whole lot of stock in what melodiCROCK says noways. They have never been right about anything pertaining to VH, and I reckon they're full of shit this time as well, as they always are.

Calderone
02-06-2004, 09:38 PM
maybe the BOVII will be WB

Panamark
02-06-2004, 09:40 PM
Oh I remember the many times Melodicrock have been wrong about Van Halen. I was speaking with my tongue firmly in cheek. They tell me those at the VH Links are now hanging onto Andrews every word, like he's Moses coming down from Howdy Doody Mountain !

I was reading in another post here that you are almost executed if you should question Melodicrock? Man, I gotta go down to Tasmania, slip Andrew $100 just to start saying Sammy was dumped and Dave is back.. :D

Gmoney
02-06-2004, 09:57 PM
They should put a bull shit meter on the VH website!!

Cathedral
02-07-2004, 02:54 AM
I reckon if they do it will be to sell more copies and as was said already, to raise the appeal...

I fell for that once already and they can "SUCK ME SCHLONG!!!"

I'll just download the Dave track and leave the Spam on the shelf...

David Lee Rocks
02-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Dave should tell Van Halen to kiss his ass and not allow any of his music on that cd, unless of course they want him to do the reunion also

thebuldawg
02-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Me thinks that they should do what I think someone else mentioned on here if another Best Of is released. They should realease 2, one with Dave songs and one with Chedder songs. Then we could sit back and laugh our asses of as Dave's disc would go through the roof in sales.

DLR7884
02-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by thebuldawg
Me thinks that they should do what I think someone else mentioned on here if another Best Of is released. They should realease 2, one with Dave songs and one with Chedder songs. Then we could sit back and laugh our asses of as Dave's disc would go through the roof in sales.

Too late for that. If they were going to do that, it would have been done in 1996.

DLR7884
I would have preferred that.

Coyote
02-07-2004, 01:26 PM
I'll just quote Thin Lizzy on this:

"Don't belive me if tell you, not a word of this is true..."

TMR
02-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Dave's unreleased song will be on the BOVH2!!

That would be the only reason to buy it.

redballjet
02-09-2004, 07:47 PM
I wonder of Gary Cherone will be on it? They did have that one quasi-hit off of VHIII.

DLR7884
02-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Of course they'll put at least one VH3 track on it.

For some reason, Ed and Al think that it's a vital part of their history.

To an extent it was......

DLR7884
It made their band history.

Big Troubles
02-09-2004, 08:41 PM
I for one dont understand how a band can come out with 2 best of's so close together. you know the talent pool has drained when they start coming out with "Live at the " and "Best of" part 1 part 2. I think they still have to prove they have something to offer first. Album or two with a good credible singer (hopeing for Dave), few tours then the next project could be a best of 2. Same thing goes for Dave. Roth did a best of album. Is it time for Dave to do a Best of part 2? I think not.

DLR7884
02-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
I for one dont understand how a band can come out with 2 best of's so close together. you know the talent pool has drained when they start coming out with "Live at the " and "Best of" part 1 part 2. I think they still have to prove they have something to offer first. Album or two with a good credible singer (hopeing for Dave), few tours then the next project could be a best of 2. Same thing goes for Dave. Roth did a best of album. Is it time for Dave to do a Best of part 2? I think not.

So close together? Um, BOV1 was released in 1996....it's 2004, that's 8 years. Most bands don't last 3 years.

This shit about Roth doing a best of album again......where the fuck did you get that idea?

DLR7884
Explain yourself.

Big Troubles
02-09-2004, 08:59 PM
no no, just comparing the timelines here. Dave came out with a best of. its obviously too soon for another best of, even though there is some new tunes to put on it. But for Van Halen to put out another best of without showing some new material? I dunno. Just sounds cheap. It doesn't matter if their first best of was released in 1986, if they've done nothing from the last one to their next one it cheapens their credibility a tad. And you cant possibly count VH3 as an effort.
That would be like saying its ok for VH to come out with a best of every 8 years, and nothing in between. Doesn't click.

rustoffa
02-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Melodicschlock:monekyr:

DLR7884
02-09-2004, 09:17 PM
no no, just comparing the timelines here. Dave came out with a best of. its obviously too soon for another best of, even though there is some new tunes to put on it. But for Van Halen to put out another best of without showing some new material? I dunno. Just sounds cheap. It doesn't matter if their first best of was released in 1986, if they've done nothing from the last one to their next one it cheapens their credibility a tad. And you cant possibly count VH3 as an effort.
That would be like saying its ok for VH to come out with a best of every 8 years, and nothing in between. Doesn't click.

Ok, first off, Dave doesn't have enough material to do another "best of" album. I think we can all agree on that.

As far as VH goes releasing another "best of" collection, it doesn't matter if they have done anything since the last one....yes, they did VH3, but it wasn't a Van Halen album.

Christ, The Beatles, The Doors, and Elvis all have tons of best of albums that are released 2-3 years apart from the last one. Does it irk you that they aren't putting out new albums in between? I bet not, because they/or the band are dead.

The point is, VH is dead, 8 years is plenty of time to wait for another greatest hits package, and they can cash in on their past all they want.

DLR7884
They sure as hell don't have a future....

Big Troubles
02-09-2004, 09:32 PM
I think its a shame that any rock band can make a tonne of cash just re-tracking the same songs over and over again just for the sake of calling it "Best Of". I mean, Best of means or used to mean the BEST OF period. At the very least they should come out with a Van Halen all unrealeased, uncuts and demo tracks from 77- present including the tracks they recorded with dave in 2000. But another best of? I dunno. I can make my own Best of on my comp. anybody can really. Give us some great shit we dont already have.

Big Troubles
02-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Does it irk you that they aren't putting out new albums in between? I bet not, because they/or the band are dead.

Actualy yeah it irks the shit outta me, cause I know somewhere in their VH can be a great rock n roll band again.

The point is, VH is dead, 8 years is plenty of time to wait for another greatest hits package, and they can cash in on their past all they want.

The Van Halen I fell in love with didn't cash in on anything but the love of the sport, and the sport was rock n roll. So yes, Im just a sad fan.

DLR7884
They sure as hell don't have a future....

Albert Einstein
02-10-2004, 12:52 AM
Dave should tell em to get fucked
I'm either in or I'm out!

Dave IS VH
02-10-2004, 01:00 AM
When was the unreleased tracks recorded? It couldn't of been too recent, since (Dave and Eddie) hasn't been in the same room since 96.

Only ways I can see this happening, if Dave reunites with VH, if it's a unreleased song from the (70's) off of one of their bootlegs, or if it's been locked up in a vault, and nobody knew about.

damngoodtimes
02-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
When was the unreleased tracks recorded? It couldn't of been too recent, since (Dave and Eddie) hasn't been in the same room since 96.

dude, wake up from that long nap, Dave himself told us he recorded new tracks with EVH back in 2000.

and to weigh in on the BOV2 discussion, VH could've released Vol 2 in 1997 and it wouldn't have been too early. their career is certainly worthy of two volumes. it's not as though Vol 2 could only contain shit since 96.

You Really Got Me, Jamie's Cryin', Ice Cream Man, Beautiful Girls, Everybody Wants Some, Romeo Delight, So this is Love?, Mean Street, Pretty Woman, Hot For Teacher, Drop Dead Legs. need I go on?

Dave IS VH
02-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Sorry, I remember now a few years back, Dave and VH went into the Studio to record a new album.

I Thought it only lasted a couple of weeks, and they couldn't get any work done, because they spent too much time at each other's throats.

If there is unreleased (Dave and VH Tracks) LET US HAVE THEM!!!,
"it should be put on the BOVll" Spammy, or no Spammy.

Big Troubles
02-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Dave sent out a press release stateing that Eddie and himself laid down some tracks that were "astounding". Now that was back in 2000.
No communication between the 2 of them since then as far as I know. So if there were any additional Dave tracks on the BOV2 I would believe them to be from that year. (2000) But hey, Im all for the old boots. Put out the Lights and Big Troubles along with She's the Woman are damn fine rock n roll tunes that should be released somewhere sometime. Perhaps down the road on a boxset or total unreleased VH.

Dave IS VH
02-10-2004, 03:40 PM
I stand Corrected, I forgot about the 2000 studio recordings.

I agree, I always thought (Dave and VH) should release a boxset, with all their bootlegs, demos, and maybe a DVD.

Bring it all out, so the Gen. Public can hear, (Dave and VH) would Cash in, the boxset would do very well.

Big Troubles
02-10-2004, 03:54 PM
its always been a money thing and a power thing. Eddie believes he's the frontman so to speak, and cant handle all the heat Dave gets, and deserves. Poor dave's been shafted from royalties as well, so who knows what will ever happen.

DLR7884
02-11-2004, 12:27 AM
I think its a shame that any rock band can make a tonne of cash just re-tracking the same songs over and over again just for the sake of calling it "Best Of". I mean, Best of means or used to mean the BEST OF period. At the very least they should come out with a Van Halen all unrealeased, uncuts and demo tracks from 77- present including the tracks they recorded with dave in 2000. But another best of? I dunno. I can make my own Best of on my comp. anybody can really. Give us some great shit we dont already have.

If you want demos, unreleased, etc., you'll have to wait until the boxed set comes out, many years from now.

Or go get some bootlegs.

DLR7884
I don't understand what your fucking point is though.

redrocker
02-11-2004, 02:07 PM
It'll never happen. Especially if the CD is centered around a Van Hagar reunion.

Panamark
02-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by redrocker
It'll never happen. Especially if the CD is centered around a Van Hagar reunion.

Depends on whether the record company wants to make money or not.

Cathedral
02-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Depends on whether the record company wants to make money or not.

Go ahead, say that again.............You are speaking the gospel up in this muh fucka...

Big Troubles
02-11-2004, 11:12 PM
point is, Id like to have another classic Van Halen with Dave fronting, thats all. Everyone is getting too worked up over this "supposed" BOV2. Id rather listen to some newer cuts ala RWD or Unchained and Panama. Not a cop out Best of just to quiet the masses while they pretend to go through yet another singer. Lets just all all agree to disagree, shall we? you want what you want, and I want whats best for the rest of the VH fans. LOL

Dave IS VH
02-12-2004, 02:21 AM
A Unleased Dave song in VH, would sell more copies, then a unleased spammy song in the group.

Dave IS VH
02-12-2004, 02:29 AM
A Unleased Dave song in VH, would sell more copies, then a unleased spammy song in the group.

Sorry, about the incorrect spelling, I ment to say.

A Unrelased Dave song in VH, would sell more copies, then a unrelased spammy song in the group. :)

DLR7884
02-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Sorry, about the incorrect spelling, I ment to say.

A Unrelased Dave song in VH, would sell more copies, then a unrelased spammy song in the group. :)

You still can't spell, even when you correct yourself, dumbass.

I think you "ment" to say MEANT.

You also can't spell UNRELEASED, you fucking moron.

Also, when comparing things--use "than," not "then."

DLR7884
Don't correct yourself 'tard boy, you make yourself look "dummer."

Big Troubles
02-12-2004, 05:04 PM
LOL funny stuff.

And i think the proper wording from you would be retard boy not 'tard boy and also the proper wording would be more dumb(with a b) not "dummer"? LOL

buddyh_5
02-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Cant have a record without a record company: WB said no to any VH without Dave in fact they are not producing any van hagar era CD's and III is selling from first print right now(no pun) no one has signed VH and they are a band have NO LABLE and honestly eddie is to big a puss to go indy- sorry there ain't no BOVII because no one cares

TOM JAMES!
02-13-2004, 12:48 AM
More unreleased VH w/ Dave tunes on the BOVII???
Would be nice, but Dave said in a recent radio interview that those 2000 songs were FAR from finished... just shells...

Big Troubles
02-13-2004, 07:49 AM
MY "fucking point" is that a true rock band as Dave himself called Van Halen "back in the day" was about good music and partying. Putting out a Best of, then another after no originals in bewtween is cheap, and echoes bands like the Clash, Beatles and Rolling Stones. Thats not rock n Roll, thats a GET RICH QUICK SCHEME. And I dont think Dave should be anywhere near something cheap. His career doesn't need anymore bullshit. Gary Cherone anyone?

DLR7884
02-13-2004, 07:41 PM
LOL funny stuff.

And i think the proper wording from you would be retard boy not 'tard boy and also the proper wording would be more dumb(with a b) not "dummer"? LOL

'Tard boy works just fine, thanks.

I wrote "dummer," so that the fucking moron could read what I wrote and actually understand it.

DLR7884
Thanks for the input, even though I didn't fucking need it. :)

Little Texan
02-13-2004, 08:52 PM
My 80 year old English teacher would drop dead of a heart attack if she were to read some of these posts with all of the misspelled words and bad punctuation on these forums. It's not as if a spell check isn't available to anyone who needs it.

Dave IS VH
02-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I admit my spelling isn't perfect.

Big Troubles
02-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Yeah, let's all just relax just a little. Fuck people are so god damn uptight.

better yet;

yeh, letz al jist relacts jist a litlle. Fuk peeple r so gawd dam uptite.

LOL

Big Troubles
02-13-2004, 09:42 PM
"its not as if we dont have spellcheck"? yeah but it's a whole button push away for us lazy people. LOL

Viking
02-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Let me put it this way: if Dave ain't on it, then I won't even bother to pirate the cocksucker off of Kazaa.

DLR7884
02-13-2004, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I admit my spelling isn't perfect.

Dude, that was perfect!

It was a complete sentence, you had the comma in the correct location, and you spelled everything right.

DLR7884
I knew you had it in you, another man's cock that is. :)