PDA

View Full Version : Debate, discussion, insults, jokes, and ignore lists.

DEMON CUNT
01-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Yes, I insult and fuck with people. People fuck with each other here at ROTH ARMY.

This has gone on for years on every Van Halen forum. And that is part of the fun.

My participation in VH boards goes back to the Pleasure Dome and the early VHLinks days. (As you can imagine, I didn't last long at the Links, because the mods suck balls! :D )

When I refer a news story to the forum I add my biased comments and toss it our for discussion. Some people have interesting ideas or comments to add and some people just say "stupid comment", etc. Either way, I will repond as I see fit. Such is the nature of a discussion board.

If people find my postings oh so infuriating then I suggest they add me to their fucking ignore list and quit fucking crying about mean old DEMON CUNT.

So lighten the fuck up and enjoy yourselves. Enough of this good old days bullshit already!

Let the flames begin!

ODShowtime
01-11-2005, 10:39 PM
insults are fun

Nickdfresh
01-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Insults are a two way street. They are hurled from "both sides of the isle" here at the Roth Army. Anyone who says any different is lying. Some people ARE being babies, and I won't mention names.

On the other hand, I hate to see civility go out the window. At the end of the day, I like to think I can have a beer with a guy or gal I disagree with politically, because it shouldn't matter that much. Politics is about caring about the other guy or gal as much as it is competition with them. Or else what's the point of ranting on something?

FORD
01-11-2005, 11:58 PM
I've probably battled with more than most on this and other boards, and the ones I wouldn't drink a beer with I could maybe count on one hand.

Hell, actually some of them I **have** had a beer with. Right before a DLR show, no less :gulp:

Big Train
01-12-2005, 12:57 AM
For me, I don't see it as a competition. Debate means to explore and discuss idea. For some with competition based thought patterns, I can see how they see this as some form of hyper debate club from high school. Ultimately, the idea of "scoring points" and such is meaningless, as nobody is going to change their opinion (and spare me the "but I did once" speech).

For us babies, insults are fine and good to a point. When it starts to interfere with the thread and the topic being discussed (i.e. preventing the discussion from moving along or chilling people from responding-"Running someone's ass out, whatever the fuck that means), I think it is counter-productive and certainly takes the fun out of debating. I verbally assault people at work all day long, I don't need more childish pandering here.

LoungeMachine
01-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Amen

Besides, isnt that what the dump is FOR?

Except for the occasional simp bashing in other threads, until there is viable DLR news, the Front Line is where a trace of ideas can still be found.

Also a moratorium on the term "owned" would sure as shit free up some much coveted Bandwidth.

Flash Bastard
01-12-2005, 01:06 AM
There should be a disclaimer on the main page of this website stating that if you don't have a thick skin, then go register at the Links instead.

LoungeMachine
01-12-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
There should be a disclaimer on the main page of this website stating that if you don't have a thick skin, then go register at the Links instead.

Cool.

While we're at it, can we add to the list a set of nads, an IQ above room temperature, and perhaps an inkling of a sense of humor.:D

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 01:19 AM

I agree!

Also, I believe that certain blind banal bitches resort to insults when they cannot answer a question or when a point is made that they have no retort for. This is when the debate digresses to insults.

Act like a retard get treated as a retard. If I see bullshit I will call it bullshit.

And JCOOK seems to have had a change of heart as far as a certain president goes. JCOOK? Care to comment?

Flash Bastard
01-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Cool.

While we're at it, can we add to the list a set of nads, an IQ above room temperature, and perhaps an inkling of a sense of humor.:D

That would require a screening process which would eliminate about 98 percent of Van Hagar fans.

That's not a bad idea!

LoungeMachine
01-12-2005, 01:25 AM
That would require a screening process which would eliminate about 98 percent of Van Hagar fans.

That's not a bad idea!

Start the weeding, FB:D

BigBadBrian
01-12-2005, 08:18 AM
I agree mostly with Big Train and LoungMachine in posts 5 and 6 of this thread. Insults are fun and serve a purpose but were never supposed to be the "meat and potatoes" of this forum. FORD, Sesh, Elvis, Ally, Big Train, John Ashcroft, lucky wilbury, and too many others too mention (and remember this damned early in the morning without my cup of Kona :D ) have always bashed the hell out of each other, but always as a side to the debate. Most of us are pushing 30 or 40. When you insult someone that age like they are in high school, they simply are not going to respond to you. They'll take their debate to someone else.

Big Train wrote
For me, I don't see it as a competition. Debate means to explore and discuss idea. For some with competition based thought patterns, I can see how they see this as some form of hyper debate club from high school. Ultimately, the idea of "scoring points" and such is meaningless, as nobody is going to change their opinion (and spare me the "but I did once" speech).

For us babies, insults are fine and good to a point. When it starts to interfere with the thread and the topic being discussed (i.e. preventing the discussion from moving along or chilling people from responding-"Running someone's ass out, whatever the fuck that means), I think it is counter-productive and certainly takes the fun out of debating. I verbally assault people at work all day long, I don't need more childish pandering here.

LoungeMachine wrote
Amen

Besides, isnt that what the dump is FOR?

Except for the occasional simp bashing in other threads, until there is viable DLR news, the Front Line is where a trace of ideas can still be found.

Also a moratorium on the term "owned" would sure as shit free up some much coveted Bandwidth.

diamondD
01-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I've probably battled with more than most on this and other boards, and the ones I wouldn't drink a beer with I could maybe count on one hand.

Hell, actually some of them I **have** had a beer with. Right before a DLR show, no less :gulp:

:guzzle: :cool:

diamondD
01-12-2005, 08:30 AM
So Dave, what's your opinion on how Demon Cunt paints only religous people as Republicans?

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
So Dave, what's your opinion on how Demon Cunt paints only religous people as Republicans?

It ain't that simple.

I don't paint religious_as only republicans. They just tend to be republicans. I know Christian democrats too. I have encountered some on this board.

When Bush voters cite "values" and "gay marriage" as resaons for voting for him they are eluding to faith. I feel that they should be able to explain themselves. Just as I can explain my beliefs.

When people choose to only vote republican due to the party's (so called) pro-life stance, I believe they better be able to back that up. I feel they better be able to contrast that with the death that our governmet is causing in the world as we speak.

BigBadBrian
01-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
It ain't that simple.

I don't paint religious_as only republicans. They just tend to be republicans. I know Christian democrats too. I have encountered some on this board.

When Bush voters cite "values" and "gay marriage" as resaons for voting for him they are eluding to faith. I feel that they should be able to explain themselves. Just as I can explain my beliefs.

When people choose to only vote republican due to the party's (so called) pro-life stance, I believe they better be able to back that up. I feel they better be able to contrast that with the death that our governmet is causing in the world as we speak.

It's amazing how you answer up for FORD.

Anyone else notice that?

Lives in the same general locale also. :gulp:

ODShowtime
01-12-2005, 10:08 AM
When people choose to only vote republican due to the party's (so called) pro-life stance,

they are morons

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
It's amazing how you answer up for FORD.

Anyone else notice that?

Lives in the same general locale also.

Am I not allowed to answer comments directed towards myself?

BBB brings nothing to this conversation except for his "you must be FORD" conspiracy bullshit.

Anyone notice that?

Guitar Shark
01-12-2005, 03:13 PM
What was that thing you ate Dave, right before the concert? Irish food never appealed to me in the first place, but your meal looked worse than normal!

FORD
01-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
What was that thing you ate Dave, right before the concert? Irish food never appealed to me in the first place, but your meal looked worse than normal!

I think it was some kind of Shepherd's Pie kind of thing. I only ordered it because it was made with Guinness :D

Tasted alright though, from what I can remember

You know, when in an Irish pub, do as the Irish do. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
they are morons

Single-issue voters should be bumped off the voter registration rolls. Unless of course that issue is the War in Iraq.;)

ODShowtime
01-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Single-issue voters should be bumped off the voter registration rolls. Unless of course that issue is the War in Iraq.;)

yeah, but if you accuse them of being a single issue voter, they'll say they support gw's moral values (to bomb the fuck out of people) or some other jibberish.

gw made a whole rack of issues for those morons to chew on. Abortion (which has some merit as a topic IMO), gay marriage ban (complete garbage), faith-based initiatives (there's no proof that churches can perform services better than secular organizations).

BigBadBrian
01-12-2005, 04:20 PM

Does that include the NOW and NARAL bitches? Hmm? :gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Does that include the NOW and NARAL bitches? Hmm? :gulp:

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about today? I swear you're speaking in tongues. The NOW women? You have issues.

FORD
01-12-2005, 04:23 PM

Obviously, being down with JC as I am, I would have to disagree :cool:

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Does that include the NOW and NARAL bitches? Hmm?

No, just fascist neocon dick licking douchebags like you. :D

BigBadBrian
01-12-2005, 04:28 PM
The NOW women? You have issues.

:rolleyes:

National Organization for Women.

Primary Purpose: Reproductive Rights (aka Abortion).

NARAL = National Abortion and Reproductive Rights
Action League.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-12-2005, 04:31 PM
:rolleyes:

National Organization for Women.

Primary Purpose: Reproductive Rights (aka Abortion).

NARAL = National Abortion and Reproductive Rights
Action League.

:gulp:
really? r u sure.

I just wondered what the hell your point was.

DEMON CUNT
01-12-2005, 04:43 PM
really? r u sure.

I just wondered what the hell your point was.

Don't ask. He'll be bringing up Clinton next!

diamondD
01-12-2005, 11:42 PM
It ain't that simple.

It is that simple. Don't run from your own posts because you get called out on it.

diamondD
01-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Am I not allowed to answer comments directed towards myself?

BBB brings nothing to this conversation except for his "you must be FORD" conspiracy bullshit.

Anyone notice that?

It wasn't directed toward you. The question is directly aimed at FORD. I could care less what your answer is. You've already proved what your goal is.

Dr. Love
01-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Relevance Meter: Low

DEMON CUNT
01-13-2005, 01:01 AM
It wasn't directed toward you. The question is directly aimed at FORD. I could care less what your answer is. You've already proved what your goal is.

No? I saw my name in your post. So I am going to comment on it.

You could care less? Then go ahead and ignore me. Butthole!

You have figured out what my "goal" is? What is it?

diamondD
01-13-2005, 08:43 AM
To be the biggest CUNT on this board, of course. ;)

Like Doc said, the only one who thinks your opinion is relevant is you.

kentuckyklira
01-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Political correctness is for lame assed pansies that go to bed in K-Mart pyjamas!

DEMON CUNT
01-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Like Doc said, the only one who thinks your opinion is relevant is you.

And yet you continue to discuss it!

kentuckyklira
01-13-2005, 10:21 AM
And yet you continue to discuss it! Commonly known as obsession!