01-12-2005, 07:36 PM
The White Stripes kick ass!

Fuck anyone who thinks not!

Susie Q
01-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr Walker
The White Stripes kick ass!

Fuck anyone who thinks not!

Well....well....LOOK who I spy?! It's the most Music knowlegeable person on the NET! MR. WALKER! :D *bows to his presence*

I JUST started getting into this band. I saw them around....seen a couple tunes......passed it by.....

Then took a second look. I bet Jack will get a grammy this year for the collaboration he did with Lorretta Lynn.

I like them because, yah....you can classify them. But can you REALLY?

BITEYOASS
01-12-2005, 09:48 PM
And added to the fact that Meg has got a nice rack!

"Lots of brains and she likes sex!"-DEVO Speed Racer

rustoffa
01-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Jack White is a blues-based, hard-rockin' fucker.

Meg White ain't hard to look at, and plays the small kit pretty well.

If you're a fan of guitar playing in any regard, you should purchase their new DVD "Under Blackpool Lights".....

It's (the DVD) also an accurate depiction of a motherfucker about to blow the roof off of a medium-sized music venue in Blackpool, England.

Recommended! A+++++ Outstanding! Ebay fuckers flip the fuck out over this!!

Mr Walker
01-13-2005, 08:58 AM
I like all of their discs... but 'De Stijl' is the one I like best.
I got the new DVD but haven't had the time to watch it yet.

Mr Walker
01-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Thank You for the kind words Susie!

I hope all is going well with you and your family!

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm sorry, but everything I've heard from them is complete garbage. The White Stripes are quite possibly the worst sounding crap my ears have ever had the misfortune to ingest. There is not one single musically redeeming element I can think of to suggest about them...I have not heard one single song played The White Stripes that hasn't sounded like amatuer garage rubbish...I can't think of any actual sound they've made that I would prefer hearing over the prospect of slowly having my toe-nails pulled out with a tweezer. I can't even consider the White Stripes actually MUSIC makers, let alone musicians; in a nutshell, my opinion, whether it's shared by anyone else or not, is that....they suck.

loss of fools
01-17-2005, 02:35 PM
shit. enough said.

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by loss of fools
shit. enough said.

That's one big ole five star comin' your way!

Don Corleone
01-17-2005, 02:56 PM
I like the White Stripes, but I far prefer The Hives.

tydhurst
01-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I'm sorry, but everything I've heard from them is complete garbage. The White Stripes are quite possibly the worst sounding crap my ears have ever had the misfortune to ingest. There is not one single musically redeeming element I can think of to suggest about them...I have not heard one single song played The White Stripes that hasn't sounded like amatuer garage rubbish...I can't think of any actual sound they've made that I would prefer hearing over the prospect of slowly having my toe-nails pulled out with a tweezer. I can't even consider the White Stripes actually MUSIC makers, let alone musicians; in a nutshell, my opinion, whether it's shared by anyone else or not, is that....they suck.

I'd disagree with you there, how could a bnad that's NOT Franz Ferdinand hold the title of worst band ever. Besides, they're great! Mr negativity.

Originally posted by Don Corleone

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Don Corleone
01-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by tydhurst
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Pelle Almquist (Howlin Pelle) happens to be mate

HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

tydhurst
01-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Howlin Pelle, what a frontman!

rustoffa
01-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by tydhurst
I'd disagree with you there, how could a bnad that's NOT Franz Ferdinand hold the title of worst band ever. Besides, they're great! Mr negativity.

A wise man once said, "don't trust your eyes, they can play tricks on you".

In Bob's case, it's obviously the ear canals.

If the foreboding mask wasn't enough, he often fancies stuffing Paul Davis' used odor eaters inside the burn helmet to soak up the cranial fluid dripping from the aforementioned canals...thus rendering music appreciation abilities null and void.

The Sith are not easily understood or explained.
:D

jacksmar
01-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Dipshit couldn’t carry a real guitarist’s case. Losers for the flavor of the moment award.
Banal. Insipid. Stripes suck.

Bob hears what I hear. Pure crap.

bueno bob
01-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by jacksmar
Dipshit couldn’t carry a real guitarist’s case. Losers for the flavor of the moment award.
Banal. Insipid. Stripes suck.

Bob hears what I hear. Pure crap.

Boo-ya!

Coyote
01-19-2005, 01:23 AM
They're OK. My band's been thinkin' 'bout doin' some songs from them. Especially now, since we have a new singer.

bueno bob
01-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
They're OK. My band's been thinkin' 'bout doin' some songs from them. Especially now, since we have a new singer.

Better fire your bass player and get a beginning drummer who doesn't understand the concept of rhythm, though ;)

Susie Q
01-20-2005, 06:13 PM
I guess this band is in the "Bands I like to hate" or Bands I hate to like" vibe.

I think they had balls to go out there with just two of them. (hehehehe). Literally too though.

I saw a live take of Jolene that they did, and 'oops' Jack was a bit off on the voice and the guitar. But, everyone can't have a spot on performance all the time.

What I like is how he can slide in and out in different music genres and still have something to contribute. He's folk, blues, garage band, punk, etc. Good mix.

I would love to get a copy of that one DVD they have out. But can't find it anywhere on the internet to download.

Golden AWe
01-20-2005, 06:32 PM
...and we have to remember bueno bob says Nickelback is a grate band...bwahahahaha

The White Stripes is grate!

Not as grate as The Darkness though...

julia
01-20-2005, 06:36 PM
i love the darkness

tydhurst
01-21-2005, 08:52 AM
I hate the Darkness! Stop talking about them!

bueno bob
01-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
...and we have to remember bueno bob says Nickelback is a grate band...bwahahahaha

Now, you wanted to suck my what?

Golden AWe
01-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Now, you wanted to suck my what?

yesss...well, the thing is that i'm used to do them all, men, women and animals, but not the dumb ones...sorree

plus sorry to mess up suzie's thread...well, someone very close to you is also very familiar with the word "spam" :)

bueno bob
01-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
yesss...well, the thing is that i'm used to do them all, men, women and animals, but not the dumb ones...sorree

How tragically unfortunate for me. Guess I'll just have to rely on my wife, then. What a damn shame.

Rikk
01-22-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone

I think THE HIVES are a hundred times better. THE HIVES are just great, basic rock 'n' roll with a bit of punk, which always suits me. THE WHITE STRIPES have some good songs, but they could do with a few more consistent songs and a better drummer.