PDA

View Full Version : Bush Plans Record-Breaking Inauguration

blueturk
01-13-2005, 10:39 AM
American presidents who are inaugurated during wartime usually restrain the ceremonies somewhat.During World War II,Roosevelt cancelled the parade and was sworn in at a very simple ceremony.Even Richard Nixon had a 3 day prayer service in 1969 when another questionable war was being fought.
One of the worst natural disasters in history is taking place, and America currently has the biggest budget deficit in it's history.
What to do? Throw the biggest Inauguration EVER,that's what!

http://p-i.com/national/apwashingtonstory.asp?category=1151&slug=Inaugural+Costs

blueturk
01-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Damn, this thread didn't come out right at all. The link will allow you to rearch for the article I thought I posted. And the subject should have said " nor record deficit". Shit!

FORD
01-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Here's a point of reference for the Busheep....

Clinton, whom you all despise, spent about $30 million on his first innaguration and $20 on his second. That's right, less money, after a sizeable (i.e. more than a highly questionable 2%) margin of victory.

In addition, Clinton's second term began under a healthy economy and was NOT allegedly at "war" which cost billions DAILY.

So I don't ever want to hear any of you talk about fiscal responsibility again if you support this wasteful arrogant coke snorting warmongering chickenshit cowardly Idiot Son of an Asshole.

BigBadBrian
01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Here's a point of reference for the Busheep....

Clinton, whom you all despise, spent about $30 million on his first innaguration and $20 on his second. That's right, less money, after a sizeable (i.e. more than a highly questionable 2%) margin of victory.

In addition, Clinton's second term began under a healthy economy and was NOT allegedly at "war" which cost billions DAILY.

So I don't ever want to hear any of you talk about fiscal responsibility again if you support this wasteful arrogant coke snorting warmongering chickenshit cowardly Idiot Son of an Asshole.

Geez, Conservatives get blasted around here for mentioning Clinton. :rolleyes:

Double Standard? :rolleyes:

Anyway. I found that Clinton spent $33 on his first and $30 on his second Inauguration. Double check your figures and I'll double check mine.

:gulp:

FORD
01-13-2005, 04:12 PM
If so, it's still less money, but I'll check it out.

academic punk
01-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Of course this one is more expensive!

Between inflation over the last eight years, increased security, a victory that was far more uncertain (and therefore much mroe of a delight) than Clinton's victory in 96, and all the drugs for the host, is it any surprise that this is more expensive???

p.s. I believe that in the wake of the tsunami, Bush had a tremendous opportunity to repair a great deal of the damage that America's reputation has suffered with other nations in his first term.

If he had simply decided, "As much as we really wanted to have this celebration, it is more important that these funds go towards relief in the damaged regions." NO ONE - not even FORD - could have criticized him for that. And he would have generated far greater good will for our country than any other president in memory, moreso than the events of 9/11. NO LIE.

vhrightnow
01-14-2005, 08:41 PM
lol some people just complain about everything don't they?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Isn't is also strange that they are forcing the D.C. city government to pay 17.3 million dollars that it spends on the inauguration, and makes them pay for it out of it's homeland security budget !!!

Unbelievable....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4958-2005Jan12.html

U.S. Proposes Funding Plan for Inauguration
Homeland Security Approves Using Federal Funds to Pay Some Costs

BY Marty Niland
Associated Press Writer
Wednesday, January 12, 2005; 8:24 PM

Department of Homeland Security officials gave the District of Columbia government permission Wednesday to use federal homeland security money to pay the costs it will incur for President Bush's second inauguration.

The city's costs for the inauguration, the first since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, are expected ton be at least $17.3 million, city officials said.

Department officials informed Mayor Anthony A. Williams in a letter that $11.9 million in security and other costs are eligible to be repaid with the city's Urban Area Strategic Initiative (USAI) grant. The rest of the city's costs can be covered out of the Emergency Planning and Security Cost Fund (EPSF), which has been used in the past for events like President Reagan's funeral, the letter said.

The district is paying overtime for all police officers from every agency covering the inauguration, as well as its own operations. It is also paying some infrastructure and special costs, ranging from $43,260 to develop special license tags, to almost $3 million to build reviewing stands.

Williams' spokeswoman, Sharon Gang, said city is still trying to get the federal government to repay it for all inaugural costs, so it will not have to divert homeland security money that may be needed for other purposes.

The federal government has traditionally reimbursed the city's inauguration costs through a special appropriation. This year, however, federal officials urged the city to use homeland security money it had already been granted.

Several members of Congress joined the call for full federal reimbursement Wednesday in a letter to President Bush.

Democrats Benjamin L. Cardin, Elijah E. Cummings, Steny H. Hoyer, C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger, Chris Van Hollen and Albert R. Wynn of Maryland, James P. Moran of Virginia and Eleanor Holmes Norton of the district all signed the letter.

academic punk
01-14-2005, 08:48 PM
It's not surprising at all. DC voted for Kerry by 9 to 1. They shafted him, he shfts them. One hand washes the other.

(Clinton did much the same to Utah in his time in office, by declaring ACRES of land "forever wild", and preventing industry from developing there)

DEMON CUNT
01-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Geez, Conservatives get blasted around here for mentioning Clinton.

Double Standard?

Ahhhh, poor Cons getting blasted by those meanie liberals! I didn't know facsitst had such thin skin! But then Hitler did puss out and kill himself.

Direct comparisons based in reality are fine. Blaming Clinton for 9/11 or the Iraq quagmire is the bullshit that you get blasted for. Then there are all the times that you neocon shitbags reduce his 8 years in office to a blowjob. Please try to pay attention!

Fuck all y'all, I WANNA PARTY!

FORD
01-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
It's not surprising at all. DC voted for Kerry by 9 to 1. They shafted him, he shfts them. One hand washes the other.

(Clinton did much the same to Utah in his time in office, by declaring ACRES of land "forever wild", and preventing industry from developing there)

Have you ever driven through parts of Utah?? Forever wild is a good term for it. Forever desolate would be more like it. I'm thinking the eastern central part of the state, like where Interstate 70 cuts through it. Makes the Mojave Desert look like a goddamned oasis by comparison.

There are a lot of beautiful deserts in the western part of the country. But that ain't one of 'em. How Brigham Young ever mistakenly thought it was the "promised land" is beyond my understanding.

blueturk
01-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Some words of wisdom from Laura Bush concerning the festivities that are worthy of Dubya himself:

"I think there's a symbolic aspect of the inauguration that-and because of that,the symbol of the inauguration,you never want to-for any reason-cancel it or not have it." http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/15/politics/15laura.html?ex=1106778775&ei=1&ry=daab5oc88c46055a (www.nytimes.com/2005/01/15/politics/15laura.html?ex=1106778775&ei=1&en=daab5oc88c46055a)

academic punk
01-15-2005, 10:18 AM
I actually agree, albeit cautiously. There IS an importance in celebrating the nation's presidency, and, by extention, government.

Whether the extent and expense of this years festivities is apporpriate is the question....

Pontius Pilate
01-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
American presidents who are inaugurated during wartime usually restrain the ceremonies somewhat.During World War II,Roosevelt cancelled the parade and was sworn in at a very simple ceremony.Even Richard Nixon had a 3 day prayer service in 1969 when another questionable war was being fought.
One of the worst natural disasters in history is taking place, and America currently has the biggest budget deficit in it's history.
What to do? Throw the biggest Inauguration EVER,that's what!

http://p-i.com/national/apwashingtonstory.asp?category=1151&slug=Inaugural+Costs

Oh dear, little man. Where does one begin with such a hateful little liberal such as you? Grasping as straws makes one bitter and ignorant of the facts. FDR, Stalin's best friend, was extremely sick and didn't want to engage in a huge ceremony in order to avoid further jeopardizing his health.

The money funding this Bush ball are from private institutions. Liberals shudder at the word "private."

Who gives a toss about the Tsunami scoundrels? Shall the greatest nation in the world halt for a few haggard countries of little worth? Pontius thinks not! On Bush day, I will spend my money with glee, but will make sure to drop a little tear for the Tsunami people when cleaning out my bowels.

blueturk
01-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Speaking of spending money with glee, let's give a tip of the cowboy hat to these donors, none of whom expect any favors in the future...

http://www.inaugural05.com/donors/ (www.inaugural05.com/donors/)

Wayne L.
01-19-2005, 08:45 PM
If John Kerry would have won the presidential election instead of President Bush there would have been an even bigger inaugeration because liberal Democrats are hypocrites with their rhetoric concerning this issue anyway.

DEMON CUNT
01-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
If John Kerry would have won the presidential election instead of President Bush there would have been an even bigger inaugeration because liberal Democrats are hypocrites with their rhetoric concerning this issue anyway.

No, if Kerry had won your taxes would have gone up and he economy would have crashed into a great depression. We would have 'lost' the Iraq 'war.' There would have been a nuclear attack on us just like Cheney said. People of color would have moved into your neighborhood. Liberals would have started to rape and kill children. Etc.

But instead we got 4 more years of Bush. Mission accomplished!

Wayne L.
01-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
No, if Kerry had won your taxes would have gone up and he economy would have crashed into a great depression. We would have 'lost' the Iraq 'war.' There would have been a nuclear attack on us just like Cheney said. People of color would have moved into your neighborhood. Liberals would have started to rape and kill children. Etc.

I bet money your taxes would gone up to unless you're a bum.

Nickdfresh
01-19-2005, 08:57 PM

Dude, arguing with Wayne is like debating:
http://www.nada.kth.se/~johnny/rainman.gif

LoungeMachine
01-19-2005, 08:57 PM

Third grade has been a tough 6 years for you, huh?

So much for No Child Left Behind.:rolleyes:

Wayne L.
01-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry about that DEMON CUNT.

DEMON CUNT
01-19-2005, 08:58 PM
I bet money your taxes would gone up to unless you're a bum.

And I bet your head would have stayed in your ass.

Nickdfresh
01-19-2005, 08:59 PM
And I bet your head would have stayed in your ass.

IS! His head IS in his ass!

Wayne L.
01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Third grade has been a tough 6 years for you, huh?

So much for No Child Left Behind.:rolleyes:

I graduated from high scholl long ago while you're still in middle school LoungeMachine. I think my comments concerning the inauguration are correct.

DEMON CUNT
01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Sorry about that DEMON CUNT.

What are you talking about?

Wayne L.
01-19-2005, 09:02 PM
What are you talking about?

Forget about it. Aren't you glad Bush won instead of Kerry?

Nickdfresh
01-19-2005, 09:04 PM
I graduated from high scholl long ago while you're still in middle school LoungeMachine. I think my comments concerning the inauguration are correct.

Wayne! Your quotes are fucking priceless tonight!

I think our opinions regarding you as a complete retard are correct!:D

DEMON CUNT
01-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Aren't you glad Bush won instead of Kerry?

No. Bush fucks everything up.

Wayne L.
01-19-2005, 09:13 PM
No. Bush fucks everything up.

Like you.

DEMON CUNT
01-19-2005, 09:17 PM
I am one stupid douchebag!

Wayne L.
01-19-2005, 09:18 PM

I know you are.

ODShowtime
01-19-2005, 09:28 PM
boy we're really takin' it up a notch in here aren't we?

Nickdfresh
01-19-2005, 09:28 PM
I know you are.

But what am I?
http://peeweestory.tripod.com/pix/notagainsml.gif

Wayne L.
01-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
But what am I?
http://peeweestory.tripod.com/pix/notagainsml.gif

Why don't you tell me?

Nickdfresh
01-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Why don't you tell me?

I can't break it down to a second grade level reading comprehension, sorry Wayne L.(icks balls).

LoungeMachine
01-19-2005, 10:21 PM
I can't break it down to a second grade level reading comprehension, sorry Wayne L.(icks balls).

Try rambling about nothing using a run on sentence filled with spelling errors and idiotic assumptions and he MAY understand THAT.

It's obviously how they do it on Planet Wayne:rolleyes:

FORD
01-20-2005, 12:26 AM
You know it's been a strange week when a Denny thread makes sense and Wayne has out-spammed him.

DEMON CUNT
01-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Wayne L.(icks balls)

Ha Ha! That's just precious!

blueturk
01-20-2005, 02:43 AM
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." - a pre-9/11 George W. Bush, Washington DC, December 19th, 2000.

ODShowtime
01-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Today is a day to celebrate!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=296577

Satan
01-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Hail Satan (and my son the Antichrist)!!!:killer: :rockit:

kentuckyklira
01-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Liberals would have started to rape and kill children
Donīt forget roasting them on a spit afterwards!

Nickdfresh
01-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by FORD
You know it's been a strange week when a Denny thread makes sense and Wayne has out-spammed him.

You know I have the strange feeling someone may have notified Wayne he was unbanned as it were. It seems he is hitting this place hard, as if people are giving him ideas, and I doubt someone with his diminished mental capacity would have figured out that he could post so quickly.

Wayne L.
01-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Ha Ha! That's just precious!

That's what you do all the time.

Wayne L.
01-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." - a pre-9/11 George W. Bush, Washington DC, December 19th, 2000.

I thought you made that comment to your brothers & sisters in the moron society.

Nickdfresh
01-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh Jesus! Here comes the Wayne calling everyone a moron. Wayne, read a newspaper once in a while you douche.

Wayne L.
01-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Oh Jesus! Here comes the Wayne calling everyone a moron. Wayne, read a newspaper once in a while you douche.

Why don't you.

ODShowtime
01-20-2005, 10:43 AM
ok, we need to stop baiting the toetroll. Let's just leave him be. I'm getting real sick of reading his bullshit already. He's spamming up the whole forum.

Nickdfresh
01-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
ok, we need to stop baiting the toetroll. Let's just leave him be. I'm getting real sick of reading his bullshit already. He's spamming up the whole forum.

BANNING anyone?

Wayne L.
01-20-2005, 10:46 AM
BANNING anyone?

You.

DLR7884
01-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Wayne, shut it.

DLR7884
We're already sick of you.

Wayne L.
01-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Wayne, shut it.

DLR7884
We're already sick of you.

What was I doing back in 78 since you know so much about me?

DLR7884
01-20-2005, 12:06 PM
What was I doing back in 78 since you know so much about me?

You were coming home with shit in your pants after getting your ass kicked at school.

DLR7884
Some things never change, I guess.

blueturk
01-20-2005, 12:06 PM
I thought you made that comment to your brothers & sisters in the moron society.

Don't worry Wayne. Dubya is worried about you too.

"Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children is appalling." - Dubya, Washington DC, Jan. 23, 2004

Knucklebones
01-22-2005, 06:21 AM
IS! His head IS in his ass!

In other words, he has Shit for Brains.