PDA

View Full Version : La Conchita man loses family

Fabulous Shadow
01-13-2005, 01:44 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050113/050113_family_vmed.h2.jpg
This undated photo shows the Wallet family. Jimmie Wallet and daughter Jasmine, right, weren't caught in the mudslide in La Conchita, Calif. But Wallet's wife, Michelle, and their other daughters, Paloma at top, Raven at left and Hannah at front, died.

My heart goes out to this man and to his one daughter that survived. They lost their family as well as there home.

Watch his touching interview here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6821292/

Donations can be made here:

Wallet Family Memorial Fund
Santa Barbara Bank & Trust
250 South Mills
Ventura, CA
(805) 650-6402
Please make checks to the Wallet Family Memorial Fund

Nickdfresh
01-13-2005, 01:46 PM
That's pretty horrible.

Carmine
01-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Very admirable Fab! Its stuff like this that says what a great person you are!

A check from me is in the mail!

Fabulous Shadow
01-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Yes, it broke my heart. I wish there was something more I could do. This is obviously a very wonderful man. Poor thing!

Carmine
01-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
Yes, it broke my heart. I wish there was something more I could do. This is obviously a very wonderful man. Poor thing!

What you did here today should warrant a blessing on this man, his daughter and you! :angel:

DrMaddVibe
01-13-2005, 04:24 PM
My wife and I saw his plight today and we both looked at each other and wrote out a check today...put it in the mailbox and then called the American Red Cross and donated via the internet to relief targeted to the California relief.

Carmine
01-13-2005, 04:29 PM
WTG.... Dr MV!

Fabulous Shadow
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
My wife and I saw his plight today and we both looked at each other and wrote out a check today...put it in the mailbox and then called the American Red Cross and donated via the internet to relief targeted to the California relief.

WTG!
No one should lose so much all at once. How do you go on from there? At least he and his surviving daughter have eachother to lean on...

If it were me, if I were that man, I would have wanted to go down with them, but I think God sent him out for that ice cream so his surving daughter would have her Daddy during this trying time. God Bless Them!

ashstralia
01-13-2005, 11:20 PM
i saw this on our local news.
very very sad.

landslides, tsunamis,
what next?