PDA

View Full Version : What do you people think about the new Velvet Revolver single?

WARF
01-14-2005, 10:40 PM
The whole album is smokin'

But this new song has the signature GNR sound!

I fuckin' love it!

flappo
01-15-2005, 07:10 AM
i think you're katydid's alias

thats what I think

NightProwler
01-15-2005, 07:55 AM
flucko

Get real, kid...you DON'T think, that's your problem.

Soul Reaper
01-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Velvet Revolver are awesome. Slash is once again on top form!

WARF
01-16-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by flappo
i think you're katydid's alias

thats what I think

She's my Christian mother! LOL

DLR7884
01-17-2005, 10:28 AM
The first half of the Velvet Revolver album all sounds the same and sounds forced.

If I had to choose between Audioslave and Velvet Revolver's debut albums I would pick Audioslave 100 times.

DLR7884
VR's album does grow on your though.

UGS
01-17-2005, 06:03 PM
What's the new single called?

DLR7884
01-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Fall To Pieces

DLR7884
Not a bad song at all.

Knucklebones
01-17-2005, 11:02 PM
If I had to choose between Audioslave and Velvet Revolver, I would just give the guy asking me that question the bird and then listen to Appetite for Destruction.

tobinentinc
01-17-2005, 11:25 PM
It sounds just like GNR with a different lead singer.

UGS
01-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Fall to pieces is probably my least favourite track, maybe it was that FUCKING STUPID video that ruined it for me. Illegal i Song would an awesome single! That song is slamming.

That said, I think VR should kick out Scot and get Axl Rose to sing, then kick out the guitar player who is not Slash and gett Izzy Stradlin' (but I'll settle for Gilby Clarke), and then play GnR songs exclusively.

Knucklebones
01-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by tobinentinc
It sounds just like GNR with a different lead singer.

yer on crack

Fall to Pieces ain't no Paradise City

DlocRoth
01-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Its a fuckin ballad.

Yet true to 85, it sounds cool.

Not the shit out there today.

The song rocks.

tydhurst
01-18-2005, 11:16 AM
I thought it was the best one on the album!

stringfelowhawk
01-18-2005, 12:05 PM
He wrote that after getting busted for drugs right after he got into the band. I saw there Velvet Revolver thing on VH1 about them looking for a singer. They went through like 2000 tapes and nothing fit. In comes Scott Weiland and that's that. Two weeks before he got busted he asked the band for help. Since he had the courage to ask before he got caught with it, they stood by him. That is what the video is about. Him trying to kick the habit and how they helped him. You see them pick him up in the video. None of the usual rehab things helped him so Duff introduced him to what helped him get sober and stay that way. Martial Arts and he's been clean for just over a year now.

I like the song and I like the album. I don't care for every song on it but overall a good first record. Definately the most pure rock album and guitar sound of the last decade. Them and Silvertide are the only new bands that get rotation in my presence. Nick Perri is scary good. He's damn sure not afraid to solo.

Last_Child
01-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah It's a great song.
Altough I don't buy the single....I already have the album.

WARF
01-18-2005, 01:50 PM
I Really Dig Velvet Revolver... regardless of Weiland!

When the hell is Axl's response.... Chinese Democracy coming out?

CROWBAR
01-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I Really Dig Velvet Revolver... regardless of Weiland!

When the hell is Axl's response.... Chinese Democracy coming out?

Yeah, Velvet Revolver's first effort is good. Better than a lot of crap out there today that's for sure!

I'd be surprised if we ever hear Chinese Democracy!

Mezro
01-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
I'd be surprised if we ever hear Chinese Democracy!

By the time we hear it China will be a democracy.

Mezro...that thing had better be the best CD ever recorded or it will bomb mud like a fat guy with intestinal parasites...

Golden AWe
01-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
He wrote that after getting busted for drugs right after he got into the band. I saw there Velvet Revolver thing on VH1 about them looking for a singer. They went through like 2000 tapes and nothing fit. In comes Scott Weiland and that's that. Two weeks before he got busted he asked the band for help. Since he had the courage to ask before he got caught with it, they stood by him. That is what the video is about. Him trying to kick the habit and how they helped him. You see them pick him up in the video. None of the usual rehab things helped him so Duff introduced him to what helped him get sober and stay that way. Martial Arts and he's been clean for just over a year now.

I like the song and I like the album. I don't care for every song on it but overall a good first record. Definately the most pure rock album and guitar sound of the last decade. Them and Silvertide are the only new bands that get rotation in my presence. Nick Perri is scary good. He's damn sure not afraid to solo.

that's a good post, man.

fall to pieces - i feel it's one of the 4-5 great tracks on the album...

and yes, i dig weiland too. some of the STP was amazing...

Northern Girl
01-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Great song. I can't get enough of this album right now. The best thing I've bought in months. :cool:

Mezro
01-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
Them and Silvertide are the only new bands that get rotation in my presence. Nick Perri is scary good. He's damn sure not afraid to solo.

Silvertide write the worst, cliche filled lyrics on the planet.

Mezro...yeah, the music is decent but those shitty lyrics...jesus...

CVHfan
01-18-2005, 10:53 PM
I have heard some tracks from that Album. "Fall To Pieces" and "Slither" are great tracks. Too bad Axl Rose's ego is so fucking huge. He wanted to re-record Appetite for Destruction with a newer lineup of GNR. The guy goes to such lengths to discredit his former bandmates. As for "Chinese Democracy", I predict that it will finally be released in 2025. It was funny, two years ago the guy from The Offspring threatened to release an album with that name just to tell Axl, "You Snooze, you lose."

ThrillsNSpills
01-19-2005, 02:28 AM
I like Set Me Free .

Last_Child
01-19-2005, 12:03 PM
I like Set Me Free .

Yeah..That's a good song!