PDA

View Full Version : The Stooges remastered in 2005

Jérôme Frenchise
01-15-2005, 11:20 AM
:) I read about these great news lately: "The Stooges", "Funhouse" and "Raw Power" (Iggy's mix, hopefully) will be released this year by Rhino (but I'm not quite sure about the label) along with a live record (73 or 74 stuff) with great appropriate sound (at last!).

This is just one of my favourite bands. To me, as compared to the Stooges, punks later looked like little school boys whose stupid faces quickly went to hell, anyway.

:smoke2:

BrownSound1
01-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I loved Moe, Larry, and Curly. :D

frets5150
01-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Me to :D

Jérôme Frenchise
01-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Do you both mean the Detroit demolition machine is not worth being remastered?

Rikk
01-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Jérome from Fra
:) I read about these great news lately: "The Stooges", "Funhouse" and "Raw Power" (Iggy's mix, hopefully) will be released this year by Rhino (but I'm not quite sure about the label) along with a live record (73 or 74 stuff) with great appropriate sound (at last!).

This is just one of my favourite bands. To me, as compared to the Stooges, punks later looked like little school boys whose stupid faces quickly went to hell, anyway.

:smoke2:

Awesome. I already have all their stuff on CD. IGGY's mix of RAW POWER was already released on CD in 1997. It's amazing. But I'll get these discs. One of my favorite bands.

BrownSound1
01-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Jérome from Fra
Do you both mean the Detroit demolition machine is not worth being remastered?

I didn't say that at all...even though I think 90% of what I've heard out of Iggy Pop and the Stooges is shit. However, I know that there are loads of people who love it, so why shouldn't they get their music remastered.

Now, all I did was make a little reference to the REAL Stooges. Guarantee you more people know who The Three Stooges are, over Iggy and the Stooges. :D

Jérôme Frenchise
01-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
I didn't say that at all...even though I think 90% of what I've heard out of Iggy Pop and the Stooges is shit. However, I know that there are loads of people who love it, so why shouldn't they get their music remastered.

Now, all I did was make a little reference to the REAL Stooges. Guarantee you more people know who The Three Stooges are, over Iggy and the Stooges. :D

Cheers Brownsound. I can figure out somebody not digging Iggy and the Stooges without bearing a grudge. It's only rock 'n' roll. Nobody likes them amongst my mates, safe 2 of them. The kind of band you're just either crazy OR sick about...

I've never seen the series, it's not been adapted into French (must be impossible), but it sure looks like some grrrreat fun madhouse!!

BrownSound1
01-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh really? I can't believe they haven't adapted The Three Stooges to French. I mean those shorts came out in the 30's and the lasted until the 50's I guess. I can't believe they give you Jerry Lewis, but not the 3 Stooges...victim of circumstance I tell you!

Jérôme Frenchise
01-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh really? I can't believe they haven't adapted The Three Stooges to French. I mean those shorts came out in the 30's and the lasted until the 50's I guess. I can't believe they give you Jerry Lewis, but not the 3 Stooges...victim of circumstance I tell you!

Well, I'm wondering why not using a few scenes in class... the suitable ones for viewing of course (hoping there are some). I know my pupils aren't choir boys and girls, but I'm not supposed to show them subversive stuff, even if I dig it myself...

Actually, I used a sketch from the Monty Pythons' "The meaning of life" last year. The "Mr Creosote stuff" - the over-overweight greedy pig who stuffs himself up till he finally explodes (in short). The (16-17-year-old) kids had real fun, and worked twice harder as they ever had so far!
As long as "The Three Stooges" don't go further, I'm ready to try and find them so as to get activities ready around a couple of extracts.

PS: As for IGGY'S Stooges, if anybody knows more about the releases I referred to in the beginning, please let me know!

BrownSound1
01-17-2005, 03:24 AM
The Three Stooges are harmless...no where near as naughty as Monty Python. Here's what the Stooges do...you've got 3 morons who screw up everything they do, and beat the hell out of each other in the process. Nothing dirty about these guys, just good old slapstick comedy.

sonic_raver
01-20-2005, 03:54 AM
who cares about the old albums, lets hear some new shit! Stooges are reformed and making a new album as we speak. The most anticpated album release of 2005 for me. I was at the comeback concert of 2003 at Coachella festival, Best show of I've ever seen! iggys 57 years old but hes still in his prime, he puts everything into his performance, no ego, no bullshit

Jérôme Frenchise
01-20-2005, 11:01 AM
The Three Stooges are harmless...no where near as naughty as Monty Python. Here's what the Stooges do...you've got 3 morons who screw up everything they do, and beat the hell out of each other in the process. Nothing dirty about these guys, just good old slapstick comedy.

All right! These three hillbillies look too cool, I'm going to order import copies. I gotta see the stuff, your picture and presentation have convinced me!:D

Jérôme Frenchise
01-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Hidden bro IGGY Stooge?

Jérôme Frenchise
01-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by sonic_raver
who cares about the old albums, lets hear some new shit! Stooges are reformed and making a new album as we speak. The most anticpated album release of 2005 for me. I was at the comeback concert of 2003 at Coachella festival, Best show of I've ever seen! iggys 57 years old but hes still in his prime, he puts everything into his performance, no ego, no bullshit

I understand how you see things, as I was craving for new stuff too. Not so much since I listened to the 4 new tracks (before putting the record back in its shelf, thinking inspiration had gone) and since I bought and viewed the "Live in Detroit" DVD (the more I play it, the less I dig it: Iggy should cure his hip, Ron is great for sure, so is Mike Watt, Scott could almost be replaced by some rhythm box, and the whole unexpectedly sounds... laborious! I got lucky to buy it before going to Paris with pals.
However, I had been crazy for that reunion tour, I wasn't expecting it anymore. Then it happened, and eventually the pudding fell flat. In my opinion.
It's just my opinion. Not better than yours. But not worse either.

As for the old stuff, nothing they can write now will ever come close to the early days sulfur. They're out of rage today. But I'll buy their new stuff and play it on and on. Who knows? You can be right to expect it as THE 2005 blast. I just hope you ARE.;)

Jérôme Frenchise
01-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Stoned?? Just a lil shattered, must be. Why?