PDA

View Full Version : Sore Loser Bracelets..

Big Train
01-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Anti-Bush Bracelets Say, 'Count Me Blue'

Fri Jan 14, 7:21 PM ET

By ELIZABETH LeSURE, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - After spending 10 days in London with friends who were outspoken about their disdain for President Bush (news - web sites)'s policies, Berns Rothchild came home wishing she had a way to show the world she didn't vote for him.

"I sort of felt ashamed, and didn't really want to be associated with being an American," said Rothchild, who lives in New York City and voted for John Kerry (news - web sites).

Her mother had a suggestion: bracelets, inspired by the Lance Armstrong Foundation's popular "LIVESTRONG" bands, that would signal opposition to Bush.

Thousands of miles away, two women in Idaho had the same idea. So did a woman in Kansas. The result? At least three separate bracelet ventures targeting left-leaning citizens who want to wear their political affiliation on their wrists — and at least one competitor bearing the opposite message.

Rothchild, 35, is selling blue bracelets that say "COUNT ME BLUE," while Laura Adams, of Fairway, Kan., offers blue bracelets that say "HOPE." The McKnight family, of Moscow, Idaho, is even more direct; their black bracelets proclaim: "I DID NOT VOTE 4 BUSH."

"It's kind of like saying, 'This is my tribe,'" said Adams, 43, a Kerry supporter, who was inspired by her 14-year-old stepson's yellow Lance Armstrong band.

It's unlikely the wristbands will ever have the widespread appeal of the bands created by the Lance Armstrong Foundation, which have sold about 31 million so far to raise money for cancer research. Brenda McKnight, 40, said her family has sold roughly 4,000, and Adams said she has sold about 3,300. Rothchild has sold about 500 since her Web site launched Monday.

But all three ventures also have the aim of raising money for a variety of organizations.

Rothchild, who is selling the bracelets on the Web in packages of 10 for $20, plans to give part of her profits to UNICEF (news - web sites), and Adams has donated money from the sale of her $3 bracelets to Save the Children and Habitat for Humanity.

The McKnights are auctioning their bracelets on eBay and selling them for $3 each on their Web site, where buyers can vote for one of six organizations that will receive a portion of the proceeds.

So far only McKnight said she has received e-mails criticizing the bracelets as unpatriotic. But Rothchild said her venture has spawned a counter-protest — from her Republican father.

John Rothchild, a Miami Beach, Fla., resident who voted for Bush, has invested in 5,000 "COUNT ME RED" bracelets.

He has hired his daughter's boyfriend, who created her Web site, to create his, which he launched this week.

"Now we're sort of having a father-daughter competition to see who can sell more," Berns Rothchild said.

On the Net:

http://www.ididnotvote4bush.com
http:/www.countmeblue.com
http:/www.hopebracelet.com
http://www.countmered.com

Spc. Graner
01-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Only a liberal could have come up with something as faggity as this!

Nickdfresh
01-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Spc. Graner
Only a liberal could have come up with something as faggity as this!

Are you calling Lance Armstrong a 'faggy' liberal. I doubt it.

Spc. Graner
01-17-2005, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Wrap that faggity bracelett around your neck and I'll tell ya.

Nickdfresh
01-17-2005, 02:10 AM
It won't fit. Believe me.

Spc. Graner
01-17-2005, 02:12 AM
It won't fit. Believe me.

HA HA! Nice!

Alas, you have earned my respect, Libertarian!

Wanna be my pen pal while I'm in federal prison banging whores and smoking hash?

BigBadBrian
01-17-2005, 09:53 AM

Clearly not the same thing and you know it. One is for supporting cancer research....the other is for being a crybaby because your boy lost. :gulp:

Nickdfresh
01-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Clearly not the same thing and you know it. One is for supporting cancer research....the other is for being a crybaby because your boy lost. :gulp:

People have a right to display their party affiliation. With the shit coming down apparently in the next few years, you will be embarrassed for have voted for Bush.

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 11:03 AM
A bracelet?

God, how stupid.

If it's REALLY that fucking important, just go get a tattoo on your forehead saying "I voted for Kerry!" or make sure you have ten T shirts in your closet saying the same.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go get MY T Shirt that says "I voted for Carter in '80", just so that people are sure I didn't vote for Reagan! God knows I don't want people in other countries to judge me based on who my president is! Heaven forbid!!

:rolleyes:

Spc. Graner
01-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
.....the other is for being a crybaby because your boy lost.

Ha ha! When will the Libs stop being such little girls about Bush's MAJOR victory?!? In the face of perversity, he over came. What a great man of faith!

Kerry is like a little puppy that got his face rubbed in piss on the carpet.