PDA

View Full Version : Sherman to stay on as coach of Green Bay?

POJO_Risin
01-15-2005, 06:29 PM
They strip him of his GM duties....

and he's not really done a great job...not bad...not great...

I'd be looking in a new direction...but that's just me...

they may be thinking of Favre...

not really sure...

Lou
01-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Green Bay oughtta tear it down and just get the rebuilding on now, instead of being middle of the road for another few years and then rebuilding. They can't win with Brett Favre as the QB anymore.

squib
01-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Of course they can still win with Favre. They need a defense. That was the problem all year. Lately in the playoffs they have underperformed, but this year, they were without 2 of their top 3 receivers and both the starting RB and his backup were playing with broken ribs. If you take away 2 of the top 3 receivers in Indianapolis, and break ribs on the rbs, I bet Manning will have a tuff time too.
Good move with the front office, and one more year, then they can rebuild.

ALinChainz
01-15-2005, 08:48 PM
They won their division after Minnesota controlled it for the most of the season. He threw for 30 TDs, over 4,000 yards and had a rating over 90.

Their defense on the other hand, look where they finished during the season and their sever lack of tackling is what doomed them.

They won their division and won 10 games, you can't say they can't win with Favre.

They can't win with JUST Favre anymore.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Green Bay oughtta tear it down and just get the rebuilding on now, instead of being middle of the road for another few years and then rebuilding. They can't win with Brett Favre as the QB anymore.

Call me crazy, but I just don't get the Favre vibe from Lou.... ;)

News flash, Brett Favre does not play defense....

When the other teams runs up and down the field, it's not Brett Favre's fault....

Also, when receivers drop passes, or deflect them to the defense for INT's, that's not Favre's fault either....

Did he have a bad game in the playoffs, yes, without a doubt....

But you put some people who can play defense out there, and they're a much better team....

BigBadBrian
01-21-2005, 11:23 AM
All right...it's taken me awhile to respond to this thread since I've been steaming about this crap...

Anyway,

Hell yes, they need to shitcan Sherman and his entire staff. They simply can't get the job done. Sherman wouldn't know talent if it bit him on the ass. His defense went from bad to worse. He fucking fired a Defensive Coordinator last year that is now the Falcons DC. Great job, Mike Sherman. :rolleyes:

The offense is sound and Brett is still near the top of his game but the Packers do need to be thinking of a replacement in the future.

The defense is laughable. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out on this side of the ball. Things can only get better. Hopefully. :cool:

High Life Man
01-21-2005, 03:38 PM
He'll be gone after next year. This is the last year of his contract anyway.

Favre's still awesome. Remember, this team started 1 - 4 this year.

Lou
01-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Look at Favre's playoff stats since the 2001-02 playoffs, starting with his 6 interception game against the Rams.

He had a great, hall of fame career. But it's really over now. Unless you want to continue to be 10-6 for a couple more years, with no legit shot at winning anything, just for the sake of having some false excitement start of the year.

If I were GMing, I'd get it over with now and start rebuilding. The point is to contend for a SB. Not to be middle of the road.

Golden AWe
02-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Look at Favre's playoff stats since the 2001-02 playoffs, starting with his 6 interception game against the Rams.

He had a great, hall of fame career. But it's really over now. Unless you want to continue to be 10-6 for a couple more years, with no legit shot at winning anything, just for the sake of having some false excitement start of the year.

If I were GMing, I'd get it over with now and start rebuilding. The point is to contend for a SB. Not to be middle of the road.

fuck off cunt