PDA

View Full Version : Queen Tour Dates Announced

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 12:47 PM
QUEEN Announce Euro Tour Dates, Hint At US Dates [Rock Hard - 05.01.17 11:35:27]

Soundgenerator.com (www.soundgenerator.com) have issued the following report:

QUEEN have today unveiled their first tour in almost 19 years, with a series of European live dates starting late March.

The 23-date European trek, billed as Queen featuring PAUL RODGERS, launches on March 30th in Paris, following a warm-up show at London's Brixton Academy.

A world tour has long been on the cards since Brian May performed with former FREE/BAD RELIGION frontman Paul Rodgers: "It really all came about because of the Fender 50th Anniversary gig that I did with Paul Rodgers," Brian May said recently on his website.

The European dates, which will be confirmed later today by the band, include shows in Spain, Italy and Germany before a six-date tour of the UK.

Dates in Scotland and Ireland have been put on hold due to Rodgers' other touring commitments, but Brian May revealed they will happen later in the year, saying the band are 'conscious that this is a very important omission'.

Speaking about the North American leg of the tour, May said: "We are at present putting a proposal together for us to play dates in the USA starting end of September or early October".

Various fan club sites are reporting the first date to be the Montreal Metropolis on September 8, although soundgenerator is unable to confirm the news at time of press.

The full European schedule is as follows:

March

19 - Fancourt, South Africa at 46664 Concert

28 - London, UK at Brixton Academy

30 - Paris, France at Le Zenith

April

1 - Madrid, Spain at Palacio de los Deportes

2 - Barcelona, Spain at Palau Sant Jordi

4 - Rome, Italy at Palalottomatica

5 - Milan, Italy at Forum

7 - Firenze, Italy at Nelson Mandela Forum

8 - Pesaro, Italy at BPA Palas

12 - Vienna, Austria at Stadthalle

14 - Munich, Germany at Olympiahalle

16 - Prague, Czech Republic at Sazka Arena

17 - Leipsig, Germany at Arena

19 - Frankfurt, Germany at Festhalle

20 - Antwerpen, Belgium at Sportpaleis

25 - Dortmund, Germany at Westfalengalle

28 - Hamburg, Germany at Color Line Arena

May

03 - Newcastle, UK at Metro

04 - Manchester, UK at MEN

06 - Birmingham, UK at NEC

07 - Cardiff, UK at Arena

09 - Sheffield, UK at Hallam Arena

11 - London, UK at Wembley Arena

Ticket pre-sale go on sale today (January 17) to members of the Queen fan club.

On a side note, Bueno Bob was asked for a statement and had this to say:

"This is a fucking STUPID idea and Brian May should be shot for even giving it consideration. OWNED!"

flappo
01-17-2005, 12:51 PM
why ?

shows what you fucking know , ie: ZERO

stick to the lucas toys , dipshit

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by flappo
why ?

Oh, yeah, replacing Freddie Mercury and calling it Queen (not to mention that Roger Taylor is smart enough to sit this one out - last I heard anyway) is a fucking brilliant idea, Flappo. Just run the reputation right into the fucking ground and make what was once great a fucking sham. I'm sure you'll love it though. How are the Doors with Ian Astbury, by the way?

Please.

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 12:57 PM
why ?

Hey, here's a plan! Replace David Lee Roth with some boner and call it Van Halen!

Maybe you should go watch your Star Trek reruns and dress up in your Starfleet Command outfit. I'd suggest a copy of the Klingon dictionary, but I'd imagine you'd already own four copies, right? See ya at the next convention.

flappo
01-17-2005, 01:00 PM
why ? will you be there

of course you will

you'll be the geek in the corner sucking off bill shatner

flappo
01-17-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Oh, yeah, replacing Freddie Mercury and calling it Queen (not to mention that Roger Taylor is smart enough to sit this one out - last I heard anyway) is a fucking brilliant idea, Flappo. Just run the reputation right into the fucking ground and make what was once great a fucking sham. I'm sure you'll love it though. How are the Doors with Ian Astbury, by the way?

Please.

roger taylor is the drummer , dopey

you probably mean john deacon , he plays bass btw

:D

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 01:02 PM

My bad, at least one of them had brains enough to stay away from this fucking train wreck.

flappo
01-17-2005, 01:05 PM
he actually retired in 1997 , who knows he might well join the band for the wembley gig ?

anyway , if you'd seen may and taylor on the bbc 3 prog. 'making of bohemian rhapsody' you'd change your tune

they let rip for a few minutes and it really was 'a kind of magic'

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 01:06 PM
I was very proud of Queen for going away from it all gracefully and letting their volume of work speak for itself...the history was intact, but if Brian wants to tour with Paul Rogers, let him tour with Paul Rogers.

Do NOT call this thing "Queen" (featuring ANYBODY), because it isn't "Queen" by definition.

Queen is Freddie Mercury, Brian May, John Deacon and Roger Taylor. It always will be and this is just greed at it's finest.

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 01:07 PM
he actually retired in 1997 , who knows he might well join the band for the wembley gig ?

anyway , if you'd seen may and taylor on the bbc 3 prog. 'making of bohemian rhapsody' you'd change your tune

they let rip for a few minutes and it really was 'a kind of magic'

Maybe. But I have my doubts. I just don't like the idea of calling it Queen, because it isn't.

flappo
01-17-2005, 01:09 PM
they're gonna call it queen + paul rodgers

but i do agree with ya , it has the chance of being a total fuck up

rodgers is a good singer , but he doesnt have the range of fred and roger looks fat and bloated recently , like he's on drugs all day long

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 01:13 PM
they're gonna call it queen + paul rodgers

Well, that's something, I guess...not much, but something, because I guess if you get Brian, John and Roger all in the same room, it's sort of Queen...

but i do agree with ya , it has the chance of being a total fuck up

Highly possible, and Queen's reputation is immaculate (with the exception of the greatest hits albums diluge that's came on since 1993, I guess, but that's more or less forgivable)...

rodgers is a good singer , but he doesnt have the range of fred and roger looks fat and bloated recently , like he's on drugs all day long

It's Rodgers voice that gives me the most concern...I have a very big spot in my heart for Queen, lifelong fan, and I just would see it as a real tragedy if this goes badly.

Rikk
01-17-2005, 01:16 PM
This is not QUEEN. Rodgers is a talented performer, but he's not Freddy Mercury. The only reason they're calling this QUEEN is to sell tickets.

twonabomber
01-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Highly possible, and Queen's reputation is immaculate (with the exception of the greatest hits albums diluge that's came on since 1993, I guess, but that's more or less forgivable)...

blame that on Hollywood Records. when they bought the Queen catalog they exploited it to the fullest.

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
blame that on Hollywood Records. when they bought the Queen catalog they exploited it to the fullest.

They've got a LONG ways to go if their plan is to rival Motorhead for the worlds title of "Most Bastardized Catalog Ever", though :)

aesop
01-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
This is not QUEEN. Rodgers is a talented performer, but he's not Freddy Mercury. The only reason they're calling this QUEEN is to sell tickets.

Well, that and the fact that they will be playing all Queen songs...

...I would have prefered it if that Wham! singer George Michaels were with them...at least he's a homo, and he can RIP Freddie tunes.

...Queen needs to be led by a homo. How's Paul Rogers gona sing 'I wanna break free'?

DLR7884
01-17-2005, 03:39 PM
If they come to the States....I sure as fuck won't be going.

DLR7884
Van Hagar ring a bell?

Shaun Ponsonby
01-17-2005, 04:42 PM
FREDDIE MERCURY

THE GREATEST FRONTMAN EVER!!!

Mr Badguy
01-17-2005, 04:50 PM
I hope they play "FLASH".

That`s my favourite song EVER.

And get Slash to guest on it.

DLR7884
01-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
FREDDIE MERCURY

THE GREATEST FRONTMAN EVER!!!

Nah, DLR is the best.

DLR7884
:)

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
I hope they play "FLASH".

That`s my favourite song EVER.

And get Slash to guest on it.

SLASH! AHHHHAAA!!! Plays for everyone of us!!!

Shaun Ponsonby
01-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Nah, DLR is the best.

DLR7884
:)

Dave WOULD be the best if he could sing like Freddie could-but he can't and never could. Noone can. I LOVE Freddie's voice.

bueno bob
01-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Dave WOULD be the best if he could sing like Freddie could-but he can't and never could. Noone can. I LOVE Freddie's voice.

Freddie and David are two entirely different singers...technically Freddie was the better of the two, but David's never made any claim to be the worlds most talented vocalist anyway...the whole thing of who's superior is kind of a moot point because of that...like trying to decide the better voice between Neil Diamond and Ian Gillan...

aesop
01-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Freddie and David are two entirely different singers...technically Freddie was the better of the two, but David's never made any claim to be the worlds most talented vocalist anyway...the whole thing of who's superior is kind of a moot point because of that...like trying to decide the better voice between Neil Diamond and Ian Gillan...

Why even entertain that stupid post with a response?...If you have to explain that DLR and FM are entirely different types of singers, songwriters, and performers to that guy, he shouldn't be posting in a music forum to begin with.

DLR7884
01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Neil Diamond!

DLR7884
Soothing to the extreme!

FORD
01-17-2005, 11:12 PM

A world tour has long been on the cards since Brian May performed with former FREE/BAD RELIGION frontman Paul Rodgers

What the FUCK??

Paul Rodgers was in Bad Religion now too?

Figures that a publication that doesn't know Bad Company from Bad Religion is going to be all hyped out about a fake Queen tour :rolleyes:

Now if y'all will excuse me, I gotta go listen to "Feel Like Makin Frogger With My Life" and "Can't Get Enough of Armegeddon This is Hell"

Matt White
01-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Should be an interesting pairing. The cats from QUEEN are of the highest caliber musicians, and PAUL RODGERS is a LEGENDARY singer.
Saw him a couple of summers back at an outdoor festival. He sounds PERFECT. Taking most of the 90's off really helped his voice, the guy sounds EXACTLY like the records.
I'm sure they'll stay away from the high range songs in the QUEEN catalog, but PAUL should do very well. Hope that they stick together. This would be the most musically talented bunch Paul has ever been with.

Shaun Ponsonby
01-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by aesop
Why even entertain that stupid post with a response?...If you have to explain that DLR and FM are entirely different types of singers, songwriters, and performers to that guy, he shouldn't be posting in a music forum to begin with.

I do understand that-but itis clear, whether you mention style or not, that Freddie Mercury's voice is better. He Had a bigger range etc.

DLR7884
01-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I do understand that-but itis clear, whether you mention style or not, that Freddie Mercury's voice is better. He Had a bigger range etc.

Thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious!

DLR7884
I prefer Dave as a frontman OVERALL.

tydhurst
01-18-2005, 12:05 PM

Well, thank you VERY much Mr Helpful, now i know all of he member's of Queen's names! I didn't want to, i was happy thinking there were only two members!

Bill Lumbergh
01-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by aesop

...Queen needs to be led by a homo. How's Paul Rogers gona sing 'I wanna break free'?

Freddie didnt even write that song BTW.

High Life Man
01-18-2005, 01:49 PM
The clip over at DDLR.COM of Paul with Queen is pretty good. Yeah, he's no Freddie, but he's not trying to be either.

It'll be interesting to hear what their new stuff is going to sound like. Personally, I think it'll be pretty kick ass.

And Neil Diamond is the shit.

bueno bob
01-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by High Life Man
And Neil Diamond is the shit.

Ain't no doubt.

blueturk
01-19-2005, 07:51 AM
why ?

Fuck flappo. Anybody who would call the late great Phil Lynott gay obviously doesn't know SHIT.