PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith.

CVHfan
01-19-2005, 01:07 AM
What do you think of them? Their 70's material fucking rocked. "Get Your Wings", "Toys In The Attic", "Rocks". "Sweet Emotion" was one of the coolest songs I heard. I also liked their post-comeback material. Mainly "Permanent Vacation", "Pump" and "Get a Grip". I liked "Nine Lives", but did not care for "Just Push Play" or the song "I Don't Want To Miss a THing", but for the most part, they were America's Band. I saw them in concert back in 1999 and they were awesome. Steven Tyler could still perform.

BrownSound1
01-19-2005, 01:39 AM
Aerosmith of the 90's to present sucks donkey balls. In fact I detest any band who thinks they have to write with Desmond Child.

If Aerosmith went back to their roots then they maybe could redeem themselves. However, I think they'll go for the cheese every time from here to retirement.

ThrillsNSpills
01-19-2005, 02:12 AM
It's a sad state of affairs when Don't Want to Miss a Thing is their first number one song. I agree with you Brownsound but they had to bow to record company pressure regarding the whole radio friendly thing.
Get a Grip initially got rejected because there wasn't enough single type crap on it which led to the song doctor BS.
I just gave Rocks a spin the other day. nothing sounds more pure and from the heart as far as hard rock is concerned than albums like this and classic 6 pack of course. There's volumes to be said for rawness and it is sad that art has to be compromised for someone's idea of business, or moving a ton of units.

CVHfan
01-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
It's a sad state of affairs when Don't Want to Miss a Thing is their first number one song. I agree with you Brownsound but they had to bow to record company pressure regarding the whole radio friendly thing.
Get a Grip initially got rejected because there wasn't enough single type crap on it which led to the song doctor BS.
I just gave Rocks a spin the other day. nothing sounds more pure and from the heart as far as hard rock is concerned than albums like this and classic 6 pack of course. There's volumes to be said for rawness and it is sad that art has to be compromised for someone's idea of business, or moving a ton of units.

All that bothers me too. Of course its all meaningless now. Back when the Beatles were around, it meant something to get #1 singles because they were good songs. Now, you have to conform to a formula. Rocks, Toys In the Attic, Back In Black, Appetite for Destruction, The first six Zeppelin, Van Halen, and Black Sabbath albums, and the first Montrose album (flame away) peel the paint off the walls. But that is not what dumbed down America wants. Though, at this point in their carreers, I think Aero should make a more Rocks-like album just to flip off the establishment. That would be fucking cool.

loss of fools
01-19-2005, 05:02 AM
70s aerosmith is the best albums like rocks, draw the line and toys are all incredible. i know they have let themselfs down with the pop crap but i realy think bobo is a great album and proves that these guys can still rock. its ashame bobo dident do better than it did.

CVHfan
01-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Pump was pretty rockin' for the most part. As was Permanent Vacation.

Wayne L.
01-19-2005, 08:03 PM
I think Permanent Vacation is Aerosmith's best album during their so called comeback. Get Your Wings, Toys In The Attic & Rocks are important & influential classic rock albums which are timeless during their 70's reign.

Mama's Fool
01-19-2005, 08:42 PM
At least they recently gave us Bobo. Probably won't see that kind of stuff again from them. It'll be back to Just Push Play since Bobo didn't sell great.

tydhurst
01-19-2005, 09:16 PM
God i hated Just Push Eject

Lou
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Aerosmith's first five albums were fantastic. After that, all downhill. But those first five albums were SO good I won't let what happened afterwards spoil what is still great music. The "Rocks" album is their best, and one of the 20 best rock albums ever in my opinion.

Atomic_Rob
01-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Aerosmith's first five albums were fantastic. After that, all downhill. But those first five albums were SO good I won't let what happened afterwards spoil what is still great music. The "Rocks" album is their best, and one of the 20 best rock albums ever in my opinion.

Amen to that bro

WARF
01-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Wait a second, Done With Mirrors was a fucking great album with Ted Templeman!!!